Slowdown with sound/performance when using HDMI output?

Guest DPuppet

Hey everyone, this is something I keep meaning to ask about but haven't got around to before, I'm running Modaco Custom Rom v8 on my Advent Vega which has the Snesoid app on it (not sure if it's available on the Market any more?). I'm just wondering if anyone else has used it and tried to output via HDMI and suffered any performance/sound slowdown when doing this? Have tried on two different TVs, connecting via both the tablet and the docking station, and there is a definite drop in performance which doesn't happen when it's not trying to output to another source. I've seen most HDMI discussions are to do with sound issues when outputting video but wondered if this is something anyone else has experienced specifically with this program or other apps?

Any suggestions/explanations would be much appreciated, it's not a major problem but curious as to whether or not it's an issue with the Vega's specs or the Snesoid software or the Android OS etc... smile.gif

Guest warwound

Take a look at this thread:

http://android.modac...ost__p__1729211

I dunno whether those commands will work with MCR8 but you could try disabling the Vega LCD when HDMI is connected - it may help performance as the Vega isn't driving two displays at the same time.

warwound

[edit]You might as well forget that - if you disable the Vega LCD then you have no way of knowing where to touch the LCD to control your game duh![/edit]

Edited by warwound

Take a look at this thread:

http://android.modac...ost__p__1729211

I dunno whether those commands will work with MCR8 but you could try disabling the Vega LCD when HDMI is connected - it may help performance as the Vega isn't driving two displays at the same time.

warwound

[edit]You might as well forget that - if you disable the Vega LCD then you have no way of knowing where to touch the LCD to control your game duh![/edit]

Ahh mate, you sir are a legend! I gave that a go using the terminal emulator program (which I'd previously downloaded to get the mouse cursor fix working - so I can use mouse/keyboard via the TV anyway!) - and by disabling the tablet screen it has defintely made a difference, no slowdown now!! I don't know if anything else had changed since I'd last tried running via HDMI a few month back but it's nice to know that command as now I'll probably dock the Vega and display via HDMI more often, now knowing how to disable the tablet screen at the same time.

Thanks again mate for the heads up and for those in the other post, good stuff!! =:-)