Dvb usb freeview stick

Guest sodium1

<br />can anyone tell me if its possible to use a usb freeview Dvb tuner in a vega ??<br />
<br /><br /><br />

as i understand it (someone please correct me if im wrong) while it would theoretically be possible no drivers exist for such a device so it isnt currently possible

i either use tv catchup, webguide4 (only useful if your are running xp mce) or just stream it via rtsp using vlc to watch live tv on my vega

I do use a slingbox to watch satellite tv on my Vega wherever there is a 3G connection......however i am currently working at a place with no mobile internet, so i thought of the idea about using a Dvb dongle instead.

Guest Alexzandro

Hello !

I was googling some times ago and I found an interrupted repositorie for developing 1) a working program for android 2) full working drivers. Looked back yesterday but I coudn't find the site again.

Sorry

Alessandro

Guest richardmlea

You will need an Aerial that you will need to carry with you.

The portable Aerials that come with sticks or boosters that you can buy may work if you are watching from the top of a mountain but for the most part are a waste of time.

Not really portable or convenient. Just get a mifi dongle or a 3g dongle or take some recorded programing with you on an SD card.

Edited by richardmlea

Guest richardmlea

Not so much the top of a mountain as within 10 miles or possibly less of a transmitter without any major obstructions between (such as a mountain)

Agreed, maybe "on top of a mountain" was a overstatement :P but portable TV aerials are sooo frustrating. Even if the do work, things like clouds and the wind :blink: make them intermittent at best.

Edited by richardmlea