[POLL] Have you unlocked your bl yet, and if yes, which kernel are you using with it??

Guest 9Lukas5

Hi guys,

wanted to know it to see how many did it yet and how many not. Please select only two things, 1st your bl status and 2nd which kernel you are using.

Regards,

L

Edited by 9Lukas5

my phone's bootloader still locked,till now nothing interesting ;)

not? the doomkernel v05 has working deepsleep, xrec and root inbuilt in kernel, overclocked and underclocked, undervolt via incredicontrol or similar programm and the fact that we are loading the kernel directly and not let him overheading over the se kernel should be a plus in stability.

P.S: You have voted that your bl is still locked AND that you're using the doomkernel for UNLOCKED bl......haha.....that's impossible^^

Regards,

L

Edited by 9Lukas5

P.S: You have voted that your bl is still locked AND that you're using the doomkernel for UNLOCKED bl......haha.....that's impossible^^

Regards,

L

yes i have a locked bootloader and i have doom kernel v4 ;)

yes i have a locked bootloader and i have doom kernel v4 ;)

but the kernels which you can select here are only unlocked bl kernels. You know there is a v04b version for locked and unlocked bl?

not interested to unlock bl, using trip rom and pleased with speed and stability, waiting until some biger update(relase), then will see...

a bigger update from trip or from the kernel makers??

Now that the kernel is flashed directly into bootloader and xrec is integrated, all compatibility problems are solved for trips roms. The problem there since now was that recovery was another one than on other roms. Try it and you'll see it's great

Hi Mate,

You should add freekernel to the poll as well, as not all ppl use doomkernel or FXP kernel.

Cheers

BTW:

as I can not vote (no right option for 2nd part) I have:

- BL locked (still dont see that much advantage in unlocking, and see many risk when flashing new rom, cause you can hard brick ur phone if things would go wrong)

-using 3Kernel 4.05N

Edited by Ri2do

a bigger update from trip or from the kernel makers??

Now that the kernel is flashed directly into bootloader and xrec is integrated, all compatibility problems are solved for trips roms. The problem there since now was that recovery was another one than on other roms. Try it and you'll see it's great

ok, i guess u are in right,,i take some time to flash k,,so, which one u suggest?

Unlocked BL, using dooms stock semc kernel, deep sleep works, no wifi issues and no data issues, no wlods....I have pretty decent battery life...on erenz miui 1.9.9

Edited by kumayam

Guest andrewddickey

Unlocked mine as soon as the_laser posted the file.

I'm really not scared of messing up my phone as we have always had emergency methods to fix any issues. Plus, I'm a flashaholic and can't wait to try new things.

About to flash the new FXP024 and will report.

Using renderio2005/ crowd's v01 MIUI mix with DooMKernel v05 OC to 1225 and UC to 125

Perfect battery life and performance. Best ROM I have ever used. And I've always HATED the hype for Sense. Never liked it. Until now. This is perfect.

After I get bored with FXP, I'll flash crowd's v02 and see what's up.

And since it's a mix (pretty much MIUI) you can still flash themes and use MIUI launcher. (still using LP Sense UI and Sense lockscreen)

Edited by andrewddickey

Guest basti2909

I´m using Doomkernel v5 uc,oc on WB v5.. wich app should i use to set the cpu scale`? for now i have cpu master but after reboot i have to set the option again.. any possibility to set this permanent?

greets

Unlocked bootloader...using doom kernel v5 FS...

seem like my phone don't like OC...can;t even boot with v5 OC...

Currently using TripN GB MIUI 1.8.26....

try use doomkernel v4 oc, for me work good on v0.2 rend2005

ok, i guess u are in right,,i take some time to flash k,,so, which one u suggest?

use doomkernel v05 (not the fs series one, only use the fs one if the normal one isn't booting! FS means FailSaif)

Regards,

L

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BuglyAstard

Unlocked Doom v05, erenz 1.9.16, baseband 67. I couldnt be happier, but if I overclock too highest I get reboot sometimes. I havent flashed a new rom since the release of this rom which is a record for me. This kernel works great with paid cpu master, I have paid setcpu as well but i was having problems with it. I have great battery life and smooth performance thats for sure, x10 has come a long way.

Guest Kinglion3494
I am still locked maybe with an easier guide and a fool proof tool will prob soon

I don't see how it could get any easier. Just flash to 2.1. Close flash tool. Then open the bootloader unlock tool and press one button. Then flash any Rom u want