Vegacomb 7/8.1 Bootloop Fix

Guest Moxo6

More of a workaround than a fix, but better than nothing.

I'll get down to the point: The Vegacomb 3.2 builds install over bad blocks on the NAND, so reducing the size of the update zip means bad blocks can be more easily avoided or as newbe5 more accurately puts it:

It is the hardware, it's all down to bad block avoidance on the NAND. Corvus5 is a much smaller ROM in terms of size and so it avoids these blocks, wheras VC uses all 150mb that ModdedStockv2 allocates to /system, so if you have bad blocks it can't avoid them. You can try either using MSv1, or manually increase the size of the system partition when you flash ModdedStock by editing flash.cfg. This might be something I do as standard in the future to avoid issues.

newbe5

I managed to fix it on my Vega by opening the "VegaComb_HC3.2_Build8.1.zip" in 7-Zip, and deleting Bookstablet.apk and Maps.apk (directly within 7-Zip, don't unzip/rezip)

Anyone else with the same problem find this to work?

Guest benniebob

this is how I fixed it:

connect vega to pc. Use command adb reboot recovery to get the vega in cwm recovery mode. You can than clean the cache. I restarted the vega, it booted normally.

Ben.

Guest benniebob

Two days ago I had another bootloop, the vega was stuck at the vegacomb animation. I tried tried to fix it via the adb reboot recovery command and than cleaning the cache but that didn't fix the problem. I had a backup in CWM so I restored this backup and rebooted the vega. Still the same bootloop problem. So I had to go back to modded stock. I did a clean install of vegacomb 8.1. Finally I could boot my vega. I than did an advanced restore of only the data partition, so I got most of my programs back. My question is why the vega sometimes is stuck at the vegacomb animation. Perhaps this is the same problem that can be solved by Fixbsod (format patition 5)?