CyanogenMod 6.1.1 for B7610 update 01-06 // I am stopping my contributions as my phone died

Guest erikcas

Guest juanjoe

Can someone provide me with a vold.fstab file modified for linux-swap @ mmc1.p2? My environment crashed..dry.gif

Hi ErnestJanF, i think you need only the fstab file to get swap working. see the manual install guid on my storage in the i8000 forum.

Guest Isascaboy89

Your priorities seem to be different then mine are.

I can live with networkdata for this moment. Having no problems with that so I do not need wifi. I mostly use my phone outdoors where no wifi is available.

That is in my opinion the definition of a mobile device.

Wifi is just an exta option for where it is available.

Most important is that wifi cannot be adapted from the I8000 source. I know how to adapt. But fresh develop for wifi is not my thing.

Yes I am trying, for six months now, but no progress.

So first end the things that I can end and then get a focus on more difficult things.

If you want wifi to be fixed maybe it is a better idea you ask the devs to help you out. They are good in that.

Hi erickas.

I completly agree with you, mobile phone is something made to be used outdoor.

But in the evening when i'm home, or when i'm at university wifi could be very useful, particulary on android to go to the market for free (i mean without using sim money).

I hope that you're not angry with me, i was just saying my opinion.

By the way, if you tell me how can i contact the Others developers, i will be glad to contact them and tell if there is some news related to wifi or bluetooth

And if you need help for testing you can send me the file to text, and in the weekend (but not before because i'm not at home) i could test it for you

Guest erikcas

Hi erickas.

I completly agree with you, mobile phone is something made to be used outdoor.

But in the evening when i'm home, or when i'm at university wifi could be very useful, particulary on android to go to the market for free (i mean without using sim money).

I hope that you're not angry with me, i was just saying my opinion.

By the way, if you tell me how can i contact the Others developers, i will be glad to contact them and tell if there is some news related to wifi or bluetooth

And if you need help for testing you can send me the file to text, and in the weekend (but not before because i'm not at home) i could test it for you

I am not angry and never will be :)

I understand your and others will to have wifi working well, and take it serious.

At the moment I think I have motion sensors fixed including compass (will send you link via PM to test, please give me feedback on it) and already moving on to wifi.

Done so far for wifi:

* module wl1271 is loading but gets unloaded

* unloading is because I think firmware is not loaded and wrong directions from android libs

* firmware is probably not loaded, partially because of android libs, partly because I don't have the proper binaries.

My system is currently building a spica android from source I have modified, from which

I hope to extract the android libs we need and hopefully can use.

Then I have to find a way to obtain or produce the proper binaries.

If you want to contact the devs, try it by PM them here on modaco.

Edited by erikcas

Guest geniussbk

I am not angry and never will be :)

I understand your and others will to have wifi working well, and take it serious.

At the moment I think I have motion sensors fixed including compass (will send you link via PM to test, please give me feedback on it) and already moving on to wifi.

Done so far for wifi:

* module wl1271 is loading but gets unloaded

* unloading is because I think firmware is not loaded and wrong directions from android libs

* firmware is probably not loaded, partially because of android libs, partly because I don't have the proper binaries.

My system is currently building a spica android from source I have modified, from which

I hope to extract the android libs we need and hopefully can use.

Then I have to find a way to obtain or produce the proper binaries.

If you want to contact the devs, try it by PM them here on modaco.

What is firmware wi-fi, you can please link to it. And if you can source code for it. t I'm curious to see. Maybe something thread can help. 

Edited by geniussbk

Guest erikcas

What is firmware wi-fi, you can please link to it. And if you can source code for it. t I'm curious to see. Maybe something thread can help.

The bin files here

Guide here. It is for OMAP processors but give a hint how to make it work.

Guest geniussbk

The bin files here

Guide here. It is for OMAP processors but give a hint how to make it work.

thank you, . . bin i s possible to decompile? Or where to find the source of their code? the internet is not for our processor?

Edited by geniussbk

Guest erikcas

thank you, . . bin is possible to decompile? Or where to find the source of their code?

Don't decompile. it is original firmware (7610)

You can extract them for B7620 from winmo

Android has to load these, they donot need modification, they load to wlan chip.

(see guide link)

Guest geniussbk

Don't decompile. it is original firmware (7610)

You can extract them for B7620 from winmo

Android has to load these, they donot need modification, they load to wlan chip.

(see guide link)

ie this module / kern_oII/drivers/net/wireless/wl12xx/wl127 not suitable for our firmware wi-fi? Therefore, the module unload it?

Edited by geniussbk

Guest erikcas

ie this module / kern_oII/drivers/net/wireless/wl12xx/wl1271.h not suitable for our firmware wi-fi? Therefore, the module unload it?

That is the driver, not the firmware ;)

Guest geniussbk

That is the driver, not the firmware ;)

I'm quite confused :) so the problem is that the driver was not written for our chips, and for the I8000? Therefore, it is not loading the firmware from the b7610?

i8320 also for SWB-T30. If you try to compare 2 drivers wi-fi - our and i8320, transferred from the module all the technical features of our chip, in module from I8000 it must be loaded? If yes, then I'll do it on weekends. 

Edited by geniussbk

Guest erikcas

I'm quite confused so the problem is that the driver was not written for our chips, and for the I8000? Therefore, it is not loading the firmware from the b7610?

i8320 also for SWB-T30. If you try to compare 2 drivers wi-fi - our and i8320, transferred from the module all the technical features of our chip, in module from I8000 it must be loaded? If yes, then I'll do it on weekends. 

Tried i8320. Don't work.

I8000 has other driver for other chip which then offcourse has other firmware ;)

Guest geniussbk

Tried i8320. Don't work.

I8000 has other driver for other chip which then offcourse has other firmware ;)

ok thank, so I will try other methods.

Later try   in each file the kernel, which affect the work of wi-fi after almost every line of code to write "printk (x)", where x is any digit. After dmesg got a lot of numbers and the one that will last in this section of code error. Maybe this is silly because I do not know c + +, but can try,  because there are still no other ideas   

Edited by geniussbk

Guest erikcas

ok thank, so I will try other methods.

Later try after almost every line of code to write "printk (x)", where x is any digit. After dmesg got a lot of numbers and the one that will last in this section of code error. Maybe this is silly because I do not know c + +, but can try, because there are still no other ideas

I have libs and binaries from modified spica android source now, compiling takes 3 and a half ours on my poor netbook :)

Have to work late today. I will send you these files tonight / tomorrow morning, so you can expiriment with them.

Guest geniussbk

I have libs and binaries from modified spica android source now, compiling takes 3 and a half ours on my poor netbook :)

Have to work late today. I will send you these files tonight / tomorrow morning, so you can expiriment with them.

thanks, it will be very useful, because on my netbook it took 20 minutes. When i adjusted the calibration of the touch screen is not enough.

Guest erikcas

thanks, it will be very useful, because on my netbook it took 20 minutes. When i adjusted the calibration of the touch screen is not enough.

You mean compiling kernel takes 20 minutes

Build a android fs from a modified spica androidsource is a different thing and takes longer. I am not recompiling spica-kernel, but building android fs.

Guest Isascaboy89

Hi erickas, i've received your PM and i will provide feedback more detailed possible as soon as i can.

But unfortunatly at the moment my home connection isn'r working (in fact now i'm writing from my university).

I hope that mine connection will be restored for the weekend so i could try it and feedback you.

Guest erikcas

No further testing necessary, thanx all for feedback. Adjusted pitch and roll.

NEW UPDATE: Download available, see first post, and read carefully!

Todo:

Lightsensors (not started)

Wifi and Bluetooth (slow, slow slow progress so slow)

? (hint me)

Guest matriX1218

No further testing necessary, thanx all for feedback. Adjusted pitch and roll.

NEW UPDATE: Download available, see first post, and read carefully!

Todo:

Lightsensors (not started)

Wifi and Bluetooth (slow, slow slow progress so slow)

? (hint me)

Hey Erik,

After applying your update, my phone is lagging too much... something is wrong...

Can any1 confirm?

Guest erikcas

Hey Erik,

After applying your update, my phone is lagging too much... something is wrong...

Can any1 confirm?

Having no problems, working like a charm. Can anyone confirm it is working properly or not?

Guest matriX1218

Hey one more thing...

I've noticed that my phone is charging till 99% and status is not changing to 100%. May be reaching at 100%, Its just cut the power and says that "Charging(99%)", No charging symbol on Status Bar...:rolleyes:

Edited by matriX1218

Guest Isascaboy89

So erickas i don't need to test this anymore?

Sorry, but i've had some problem and, even if i promised you to send my feedback, at the moment it was impossible for me.

Anyway keep counting on me for test on the next release, and once again sorry.

I will test it asap and post my feedback/impressions soon

Guest erikcas
Hey one more thing...

I've noticed that my phone is charging till 99% and status is not changing to 100%. May be reaching at 100%, Its just cut the power and says that "Charging(99%)", No charging symbol on Status Bar...

Is known, also on I8000 :)

Guest crazyhorse78

I have updated and worked normal. COmpass seems better but Asphalt 5 accelometer still worse. My GPS is very low to fix location, is there any suggest?