[GEN2] Conversion of factory set Gen2 to Gen1

Guest rjtchn15

Guest rjtchn15

I want to know that....

Is it possible to convert the factory set Gen2 Blade without any FTM mode or Fastboot mode to Gen1 Blade only through the TPT flashing..??

I want to know it urgently as my device neither has FTM mode not it has Fastboot mode..

Please some dev reply to this...

Guest hedgepigdaniel

I want to know that....

Is it possible to convert the factory set Gen2 Blade without any FTM mode or Fastboot mode to Gen1 Blade only through the TPT flashing..??

I want to know it urgently as my device neither has FTM mode not it has Fastboot mode..

Please some dev reply to this...

No, you need to flash via windows with FTM mode. You can easily restore FTM mode by following the instructions here. The only prerequisite is having access to clockworkmod. If you can't access clockworkmod, find a guide on installing a custom ROM and I'm sure you will fix that up.

Guest rjtchn15

No, you need to flash via windows with FTM mode. You can easily restore FTM mode by following the instructions here. The only prerequisite is having access to clockworkmod. If you can't access clockworkmod, find a guide on installing a custom ROM and I'm sure you will fix that up.

Yes boss...

I've used your that method as well by flashing stock recovery through clockworkmod but still there's no FTM mode...

I know you are a well know developer of this forum and i want some serious help from your side..

Please help me ...

Guest hedgepigdaniel

Yes boss...

I've used your that method as well by flashing stock recovery through clockworkmod but still there's no FTM mode...

I know you are a well know developer of this forum and i want some serious help from your side..

Please help me ...

well what goes wrong? when you flash restore stock recovery in clockworkmod and reboot with volume down held, does it go back into clockworkmod or something else?

Guest rjtchn15

well what goes wrong? when you flash restore stock recovery in clockworkmod and reboot with volume down held, does it go back into clockworkmod or something else?

I will explain you from starting...

I flashed European Gen2 TPT from your THIS THREAD..

As much as I know this installs clockworkmod 4.0.0.5 in my blade's phone memory...

Then either I can flash a Gen2 ROM that will replace my phone memory and clockworkmod .. OR ... I can flash another recovery that will install in the recovery partition... Correct me if I'm Wrong.

When I flash a recovery such as clockworkmod or Amon RA recovery... it says the recovery was successful but nothing changes... It again reboots into clockworkmod 4.0.0.5 (that's in phone memory)

After all these failures... the only option that is left for me is to flash a Gen2 ROM and overwrite the phone memory... I also tried to install clockworkmod through Rom Manager and Recovery Manager but nothing new happened...

Now you tell what should I do...

Till where I guess I can flash only Gen2 TPTs on my Blade.. so.. I request you to make a TPT of the "custom Gen2 v7" that till now is possible to flash only windows method...

I will be really grateful to you if You can help me out on this...

Guest hedgepigdaniel

I will explain you from starting...

I flashed European Gen2 TPT from your THIS THREAD..

As much as I know this installs clockworkmod 4.0.0.5 in my blade's phone memory...

Then either I can flash a Gen2 ROM that will replace my phone memory and clockworkmod .. OR ... I can flash another recovery that will install in the recovery partition... Correct me if I'm Wrong.

When I flash a recovery such as clockworkmod or Amon RA recovery... it says the recovery was successful but nothing changes... It again reboots into clockworkmod 4.0.0.5 (that's in phone memory)

After all these failures... the only option that is left for me is to flash a Gen2 ROM and overwrite the phone memory... I also tried to install clockworkmod through Rom Manager and Recovery Manager but nothing new happened...

Now you tell what should I do...

Till where I guess I can flash only Gen2 TPTs on my Blade.. so.. I request you to make a TPT of the "custom Gen2 v7" that till now is possible to flash only windows method...

I will be really grateful to you if You can help me out on this...

You cannot go from stock Gen2 to Gen1 via TPT. It is not because I want you do do it the hard way, it is because it is impossible. If you want to flash "custom Gen2 v7" or any Gen1 firmware to your phone you need to use the instructions here. You still haven't told me why that doesn't work.

Guest rjtchn15

You cannot go from stock Gen2 to Gen1 via TPT. It is not because I want you do do it the hard way, it is because it is impossible. If you want to flash "custom Gen2 v7" or any Gen1 firmware to your phone you need to use the instructions here. You still haven't told me why that doesn't work.

Bro... I did not moved from gen2 to gen1

I had a factory set Gen2 device I could not root it..

So i Flashed your European Gen2 TPT (I guess that must not have done any harm to my deivce)....

Rest I've explain in my earlier post...

Please help

Guest hedgepigdaniel

Bro... I did not moved from gen2 to gen1

I had a factory set Gen2 device I could not root it..

So i Flashed your European Gen2 TPT (I guess that must not have done any harm to my deivce)....

Rest I've explain in my earlier post...

Please help

Your title for this thread: "Conversion of factory set Gen2 to Gen1". That is what I assumed you are trying to do, and I have told you how to do that. Now I don't know what you are trying to do, so helping you is impossible. You don't need to post comments on my profile to solve your problems either, I will reply in my own time.

Guest rjtchn15

Your title for this thread: "Conversion of factory set Gen2 to Gen1". That is what I assumed you are trying to do, and I have told you how to do that. Now I don't know what you are trying to do, so helping you is impossible. You don't need to post comments on my profile to solve your problems either, I will reply in my own time.

OK bro... as you wish

Thanks for spending your precious time on my problem..

I appreciate that

Guest rjtchn15

One thing that I would like you to verify is that...

Is it possible to flash any Recovery(CWM or RA) from the Clockwork Mod 4.0.0.5 in your European Gen2 TPT ...

Please reply to me this only after verifying this on a Gen2 Blade...

I hope you will reply to me on this very soon

Thanks in advance...

Guest hedgepigdaniel

One thing that I would like you to verify is that...

Is it possible to flash any Recovery(CWM or RA) from the Clockwork Mod 4.0.0.5 in your European Gen2 TPT ...

Please reply to me this only after verifying this on a Gen2 Blade...

I hope you will reply to me on this very soon

Thanks in advance...

http://programing-fun.blogspot.com/2009/06/how-to-not-ask-for-help-on-online.html

http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

Read those, then start again. You seem to think the world is at your service and that you can be helped even if you don't make it clear what you want to be helped with.The answer to your question is yes. I don't feel like verifying it, and I don't need to. It is your problem, not mine.

Guest rjtchn15

http://programing-fu...-on-online.html

http://catb.org/~esr...-questions.html

Read those, then start again. You seem to think the world is at your service and that you can be helped even if you don't make it clear what you want to be helped with.The answer to your question is yes. I don't feel like verifying it, and I don't need to. It is your problem, not mine.

It seems to me that you are defeated as you must not have encountered such problems...

Don't get me wrong but thats not the way you should reply to newbies..

You may be good a developer but its not your right to discourage other beginners for you.

Guest hedgepigdaniel

It seems to me that you are defeated as you must not have encountered such problems...

Don't get me wrong but thats not the way you should reply to newbies..

You may be good a developer but its not your right to discourage other beginners for you.

Seriously, read those things. No one will help you if they don't know what you are trying to do, or if you at as though it is their responsibility to solve your problems. This part you clearly don't understand. You should be grateful for any interest you get - don't come crying to me and tell me that I am responding in the wrong way.

If you were prepared to make the effort to explain your situation and your aim clearly, I would be able to either help you or tell you that I don't know how. On the general topic, I'd be surprised if I couldn't help you. Since you are not, I can't help you.