[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Okay if someone has problems with the partitioning, you can ask me in pm, i'll try to help :) but please don't make the devs angry, its a great project!

Can you explain to use step by step how to install

maybe like:

1. download linux

2. start linux

3. attach cable data to phone

4. ....

Thanks for the help because I'm very blind about linux

Guest voyteckst

Please help

All its fine exept the phone call

When i have a call the screen its black and i cant wake up my phone ....

What i can do for this ????

And another problem same app i cant install it

example angry bird

I can install it from market but i cant install it from apk file

Try to swipe after phone call through proximity sensor.

Another lost soul there.

I wanna install android on my SD. I got two partition fat32 and ext4. ext4 is /dev/sdb2 in ubuntu with size about 600 MB.

So i copy hatred, zimage and startup to fat32 partition. then extract tar to ext4 partition.

Click on hatred -> pink screen -> android sign -> infinite loop

So i tried mkfs.ext4 command and try again.. but its the same. I have startup correctly set to right partition. Where can be problem?

After i've put the mmcblk1p2 in startup file and launch haret, the console is stopped with this 6 lines that i think can help me and us about my problem...

ext4-fs (mmcblk1p2): recovry complete

ext4-fs (mmcblk1p2): mounted filesystem with ordered data mode

VFS: mounted root (ext4 filesystem) on device 179:10.

freeing init memory: 144k

warning: unable to open an initial console.

init: /init.rc 280 invalid option 'enabled'

After 1-2 min in this state in the screen flow the opration that seems to reporting that the timeout is elapsed...

i hope this can be useful...

me too but with mmcblk0p2 and partiton ext4 on sd

Edited by demy94

I'm also having the same problem with Odysseas07. When i try to install some apps, then it started installing it. But after some time (about 5mins), it's still installing. I wonder where is this problem coming from?

Guest thanh_nha0706

One question: Can your phone find SD card? Mine can not see any so I can not use many applications such as gallery, camera, Opera Mobile (to save files). Pls help me. This problem is serious.

Anyone helps me??? I've tried to look for the answer for the whole evening...

Guest nemesis81

i put ext4.tar.gz just in desktop,then i type cd Desktop,and then sudo tar zxvf ext4.tar.gz -C /media/android(and i have also tried sudo tar -zxvf ....), but still cant work whether installing in sdcard or my storage ,at last it comes out the crc error or

tar:Skipping to next header

tar:Exiting with failure status due to precious error

the ubuntu i use is a cd version ,does it matter or not?

or i got the wrong ext4 file the fourth time :( (the speed of downloading in our school is so slooooooooow)

CRC errors occur when the archive is corrupted or you have read/write errors due to corrupted memory/discs/whatever.

It could be that the cd version of ubuntu you use contains a older or corrupted version of gzip. There also could be read/write errors due to the fact that you use a cd.

You could try another cd maybe.

Hello Guys, Everything works , but why is angri birds, season and rio graphix so bad?

Thanks to all DEVS

I think it's because that we are still using the same 2D/3D driver.

Hi, i´m having a strange problem... instaled in My memory, pink screen, init, config and run all ok... wifi and dhcp is working well too, all running very fast!, but all this only when is no SD card inserted, when I insert the SD and run haret its stuck in the pink screen... any idea why its happening?

Sorry about my english.

Edit: its working, changed startup partition to 1p2

Edited by LuisGTF

Hi guys,

i instally beta2 after almost a whole day,now i success and for those who want to install it on my storage,i give a way here,it is ext4 without journal

1.firstly ,make two logical partitions in my storage(the first one is fat32 and the latter is ext4 or any kind you like)

2. download this file and extract it in your my storage

3.put ext4.tar.gz of beta2 in the root of my storage

4.go to my storage/o2beta,click haret to install beta2,it last about 5 mins and will reboot your phone

5.delete the files in my storage and put the file below extracted to my storage

6.go to my storage and run haret,then you will able to enjoy beta2 with installing in my storage

please do as just what i said,the camera workd well,the file manager can see your my storage,but the time seems to be 1 hour later,and more things to be tested

ps:thank devs and all of you,i am so happy now with beta2's success :D .

installing android in linux almost makes me crazy!!!!!!

three files.rar

Edited by andylau

Guest rom_omnia2

Dude, I'm not believing ... worked!

It was already losing hope! Thank you so much!!! Great! :lol::lol::lol:

Great! But you have to update your startup:

Set kernel zImage

Set ramsize 180*1024*1024

Set mtype 1626

Set ramaddr 0x50000000

Set kernelcrc 1

Set CMDLINE "rootdelay=2 root=/dev/mmcblk1p2 init=/init console=ttySAC2,115200"

setbitp 0x7F008808 5 1

pfw 0x7f005800 4 0x3

pfw 0x7f005804 4 0x805

pfw 0x7f005808 4 0x7

pfw 0x7f00580c 4 0x0

pfw 0x7f005828 4 0x11

pfw 0x7f00582c 4 0x80

boot

Guest rom_omnia2

ABOUT STUCK AT ANDROID LOGO LOADING:

I had this problem before, it's a problem with the partition table.

To solve, you can try to create the ext4 partition manually, with this command:

mkfs.ext4 /dev/sdXY

X = your device Y = your partition

If don't work, didn't worked for me, you will have to delete all device partitions. In this case of MYSTORAGE you just have to flash a FULL SAMSUNG ROM. It'll restore all your MyStorage Partition table. Like this:

/DEV/SDB1 7000~ MB

/DEV/SDB2 512~ MB

Then go back to Linux and run this command:

mkfs.ext4 /dev/sdb2

Assuming that you wan't to use the 512MB partition as your ext4 partition. You can also delete all partitions and rebuild at the way you want to.

Running Android, it's really faster than the old one, no SOD so far. Thanks to all Dev's.

Thanx for this info its working now, the 1st part mkfs.ext4 /dev/sdXY fixed the logo loop problem :)

Yeah, i thought so. That's why i put in the first step, so you don't have to rebuild every thing.

But in my case, i had to rebuild all.

Guest shoarmabakpao

Sometimes when booting up android it just freezes up at the 'Enter Sim card unlock number section'

Mabey it's just me or it's a common bug.

+++

My GPS isn't working at al :(

In windows mobile it works perfectly. But on android after waiting a full hour it still has not even 1 satalite!

I think i'll just wait for the automated install wich is made to be perfect and could solve all my problems.

Edited by shoarmabakpao

Hi guys,

i instally beta2 after almost a whole day,now i success and for those who want to install it on my storage,i give a way here,it is ext4 without journal

1.firstly ,make two logical partitions in my storage(the first one is fat32 and the latter is ext4 or any kind you like)

4.go to my storage/o2beta,click haret to install beta2,it last about 5 mins and will reboot your phone

6.go to my storage and run haret,then you will able to enjoy beta2 with installing in my storage

please do as just what i said,the camera workd well,the file manager can see your my storage,but the time seems to be 1 hour later,and more things to be tested

Thnx Andylau! It worked for me !

and Thnx to Dev. Team!

Edited by larrezz

Guest calolobo

BSBSBS, Voyteckst, apolloz22:

I have installed on Storage, almost everything works, only thing failing is phone calls (can't search for mobile networks), then i try reinstalling on SDCARD, but have the same , not connected to mobile networks.

What could be the problem?

(calls work perfectly on Winmo and froyo beta 1)

(my phone is a gt-i8000, i think the same everybody else here. Aditional data, i have erased all my storage before beta 1)

Thanks. : )

Edited by calolobo

Hi guys,

sorry can you share the file for download in an european portal....thx

Hi guys,

You should make a post out of this. It worked like a charm for me after 2 days of trying by myself!