[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest erikcas

*** QUESTIONS: will a clean (ultra lite) WM helps on the memory instead? ***

keep in mind, haret will shutdown wm completely. On the moment you Android is booted there is not any part of the WinMo software alive anymore on the phone. Android is not running on top or besides Winmo. It is the one and only OS active on the phone. So the WinMo rom cannot have to do something with any Android memory interactions.

The problem is the availability (or lack of it) of physical RAM

Edited by erikcas

Guest setanick

thanks to all that involve on omnia 2 droid

i have successfully install my omnia 2 with latest configuration from My linkhttp://o2droid.phj.hu/index_en.php

im using auto install on sd card

1. need to used Sd card more than 2 GB

2. make sure have space on internal memory round 3 GB

its look great all thing are function.

1. sync with my google account

2. install apps from market

3. make a call

4. GPRS connection

5. GPS connection

6. Camera and video function

7. all sensor. like G sensor are working

8. Wifi are working .

- have bugs when on wifi and your phone turn to sleep. for my cases no need to reboot the phone. just disable the wifi and enable it back and your wifi will be connected.

problems that i have is

1. my time always change when i reboot on android. but date are ok

2. to much using my battery

3. when install it on SD card.. some application need a SD card and its not detect my SD card.

4. cannot used camera its say no SD card detect.

5. have check /mnt/sdcard are mounted

keep in mind, haret will shutdown wm completely. On the moment you Android is booted there is not any part of the WinMo software alive anymore on the phone. Android is not running on top or besides Winmo. It is the one and only OS active on the phone. So the WinMo rom cannot have to do something with any Android memory interactions.

The problem is the availability (or lack of it) of physical RAM

thanks for sharing erikcas, but also sad to hear it's the limitation by default

maybe we can only run the android on O2 with less fancy/demanding task

Guest erikcas

thanks for sharing erikcas, but also sad to hear it's the limitation by default

maybe we can only run the android on O2 with less fancy/demanding task

Swappper 2 :)

I like this bit 'phone calls without the delay!', '1% per hour on standby', and 'runs fast and smoother'. Big claims. Someone should check it out. Xibianliang...can you do it?

Also, why is it that the chinese posters always write an essay? So many words! :P

Swappper 2 :)

i'm indeed doing that already. but still experiencing unstable environment.

not sure if it's B2 issue or my SD card

(swapped 128mb as partition,swappiness 10 [default],

on a 1gb, speed unknown card [given along my phone, so i don't expect anything more than a class 2])

UPDATE 2: OPTIMAL performance with swappiness set to 40, other remained unchanged

Edited by Job21

Guest setanick

my android say that my SD card not mounted.

on setting->sd card & phone storage its say my sd card not mounted

Check on /mnt/sdcard its have.

what i need to do. i cannot take any picture now

... skip ...

problems that i have is

1. my time always change when i reboot on android. but date are ok

2. to much using my battery

3. when install it on SD card.. some application need a SD card and its not detect my SD card.

4. cannot used camera its say no SD card detect.

5. have check /mnt/sdcard are mounted

time issue: u can solve by turning on then off the flight mode, once it's connected to your carrier, it should be fixed (seems B2 skip the sync part to carrier when boot-up, even sim card is immediately recognized)

SD card issue / camera issue: vary from machine to machine, some got the SD mounted, some not.

and even you got SD mounted, camera and other function may not work, appeared to be parameter (camera app / vold / init) issue

Edited by Job21

Guest shockwavenl

wish a better ram performance of the new beta :lol::lol::lol:

i wish it was faster, because launchers like go launcher dont work properly because its too slow:(

and even with a widget that displays time/date and weather eats performance.. and then im running launcherpro.

but all we can do is wait now i thinkunsure.gif

Guest jingang

i wish it was faster, because launchers like go launcher dont work properly because its too slow:(

and even with a widget that displays time/date and weather eats performance.. and then im running launcherpro.

but all we can do is wait now i thinkunsure.gif

go launch is not fast ,and some other launch need a lot ram,make it run really slowly。。。。dry.gifdry.gif

Guest PuCiNhOOO

I can not put the boys live wallpaper :-(

Just follow this topic. It gives you an awesome notification bar, and "activates" the live wallpapers ...

Cheers

Guest João Vicente

My i8000 its a european model with 2gb for My Storage, its possible install android on it? I try it and stuck on the pink screen (yes I wait about 60s).

Edited by João Vicente

Guest vakaloka

My i8000 its a european model with 2gb for My Storage, its possible install android on it? I try it and stuck on the pink screen (yes I wait about 60s).

my omnia is also the 2GB version and it runs like a charm. probably you put the wrong partition name

Guest marisaleh

This is for the attention of voyteckst

Yes I can confirm that the Phone is not working because the IMEI is set to all zeros ie 000000 etc

This is because when you install Beta2 if you look at the file system that is created you will

find that the efs folder is empty. This folder normally contains phone info including imei and root

folders, also nv_data.bin, param.bin files.

I went back and installed Beta1 again, efs is perfectly created with all the files in it.

The phone then worked perfectly, has the same IMEI as in winmo.

I hope that this will be of help voyteckst.

Guest João Vicente

my omnia is also the 2GB version and it runs like a charm. probably you put the wrong partition name

Pls, can you help me? I follow README.TXT, that it. Put all files on My Storage and ok... stuck on pink screen. I not change any name.

Guest vakaloka

Pls, can you help me? I follow README.TXT, that it. Put all files on My Storage and ok... stuck on pink screen. I not change any name.

by the way, did you read this in readme.txt?

4. In startup.txt change this entry: root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 to Your android partition.

Note: mmcblk0 is now SD card, mmcblk1 is My Storage.

Guest João Vicente

by the way, did you read this in readme.txt?

4. In startup.txt change this entry: root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 to Your android partition.

Note: mmcblk0 is now SD card, mmcblk1 is My Storage.

Sorry my bad english and thx, I will try right now!

Oh, man, still on pink screen. Whats wrong? I use your comand line on startup, change mmcblk0p2 to mmcblk1!

Ok... another test. I set mmcblk1p2 (i do not write p2 on first attempt)

@#$%@! Stucked on pink screen again!!!

Please help!

Edited by João Vicente

Guest erikcas

Sorry my bad english and thx, I will try right now!

Oh, man, still on pink screen. Whats wrong? I use your comand line on startup, change mmcblk0p2 to mmcblk1!

Ok... another test. I set mmcblk1p2 (i do not write p2 on first attempt)

Do you use ubuntu? If yes, what partitionprogram do you use?

Guest João Vicente

Do you use ubuntu? If yes, what partitionprogram do you use?

No, windows7, I dont use any partition program... but its a untouched My Storage (automatic install)

Edited by João Vicente

Guest erikcas

No, windows7, I dont use any partition program... but its a untouched My Storage (automatic install)

Don't get it. you say you install on my storage, but you use the automatic installer?

As far as I know it only installs on SD?