[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Thanks for all this great job who bring to life our old Omnia II ...

This update make the difference .., now the phone run so smooth and battery drain is not so fast ...

All the best for the developers team....

Guest comeonbaby

Thanks for all this great job who bring to life our old Omnia II ...

This update make the difference .., now the phone run so smooth and battery drain is not so fast ...

All the best for the developers team....

Guest uzziel84

First of all let me say that this is my first post in this forum/topic and I want to thank the dev team for this awesome work.

Some things that happened to me in this update:

- My major issue is that USB doesn't work (it charges the phone, but ubuntu does not recognize SD card or filesystem) - I only use linux and it recognizes WM and the previous installation of beta 3 and beta 2 on the fly.

- The sensors (worked very well in beta 3) but with the update, landscape mode is the normal mode and normal started to be landscape. - I solved the problem by replacing sensors file in /system/lib/hw with the previous one of beta 3.

- Got an error in SD card

My installation is set in my storage and it was done manually following part of the tutorial in page 7 of this forum.

I could not update following instrutions of readme file, so I updated files manually with nautilus - su mode.

Needed to recover twice till It prompted me for pin code.

Needed to use gparted to format SD card in order to be recognized.

Battery (It lasted for a day and a half), now seems to drain slower, but I didn't spend enough time to point the real difference.

GUI is much faster now.

So...I hope this helps someone and I want to ask wich of the modules files in the update interferes with usb (if any...) in order to downgrade it to previous one.

Edited by uzziel84

First of all let me say that this is my first post in this forum/topic and I want to thank the dev team for this awesome work.

Some things that happened to me in this update:

- My major issue is that USB doesn't work (it charges the phone, but ubuntu does not recognize SD card or filesystem) - I only use linux and it recognizes WM and the previous installation of beta 3 and beta 2 on the fly.

- The sensors (worked very well in beta 3) but with the update, landscape mode is the normal mode and normal started to be landscape. - I solved the problem by replacing sensors file in /system/lib/hw with the previous one of beta 3.

- Got an error in SD card

My installation is set in my storage and it was done manually following part of the tutorial in page 7 of this forum.

I could not update following instrutions of readme file, so I updated files manually with nautilus - su mode.

Needed to recover twice till It prompted me for pin code.

Needed to use gparted to format SD card in order to be recognized.

Battery (It lasted for a day and a half), now seems to drain slower, but I didn't spend enough time to point the real difference.

GUI is much faster now.

So...I hope this helps someone and I want to ask wich of the modules files in the update interferes with usb (if any...) in order to downgrade it to previous one.

Ey could you upload here this file for the rotation issue? I have the same problem! I also made my storage installation, don't know if that can have something to do with it...

Guest uzziel84

Ey could you upload here this file for the rotation issue? I have the same problem! I also made my storage installation, don't know if that can have something to do with it...

No need to upload it....the file is in Beta3.

What you need to do is:

- in Linux unpack (unzip it) ext4.tar.gz to a folder in your desktop

- search for /Desktop/"the folder you choose"/ system/lib/hw/sensors.GT-I8000.so

- copy and replace this file in the same directory of your Omnia installation: for me is - disk/system/lib/hw

Remenber that you need to be root in Ubuntu, I sugest you use nautilus in sudo mode.

If you don't have permission to unpack the file, access to it in nautilus also.

Hope it helps, It worked for me.

Guest acsel10

For me there is a problem with autorotation...I've made the update with the AutoRotation of display disabled, because with the beta 3 autorotation work slowly...Now after the update my sensor for rotation don't work properly and the disply orientation seems to be failed. When i enable the autorotation the display rotate to landscape even the phone is in portrait position...for rotate in portrait the display i have to rotate my phone position of 90° to left, so i've to put the landscape position for my phone.

I report this that for me is only knowed bug...but maybe is only for me...

Thanks for support...

No need to upload it....the file is in Beta3.

What you need to do is:

- in Linux unpack (unzip it) ext4.tar.gz to a folder in your desktop

- search for /Desktop/"the folder you choose"/ system/lib/hw/sensors.GT-I8000.so

- copy and replace this file in the same directory of your Omnia installation: for me is - disk/system/lib/hw

Remenber that you need to be root in Ubuntu, I sugest you use nautilus in sudo mode.

If you don't have permission to unpack the file, access to it in nautilus also.

Hope it helps, It worked for me.

Thanks! i'll try that today. It seems that some of us are experiencing the same problem while for others work flawless. Could be because the flashed phone part?

Guest voyteckst

Thanks! i'll try that today. It seems that some of us are experiencing the same problem while for others work flawless. Could be because the flashed phone part?

TO ALL HAVING PROBLEMS WITH SENSORS! What do You have at file sensors.default.so? Link or file? If file, remove it and apply new sensors update once more time. It's probably copy error from Your side, because on beta3 it was a link to sensors.GT-I8000.so.

Edited by voyteckst

... deleted ...

as Voyteckst addressed the issue

Instead,i want to raise attention of those trying to get a SD for installation.

Class6 is all u need as wiki pointed out class10 is only referring to R/W speed of sequential string (dsc file from the dslr or HD clips)

And in O2droid,not many file is in big size so class 10 won't help much on the system itself

Edited by Job21

Guest andylau

I tried the new one today, everything is OK with my B3 installed in my storage

Before this new zImage I have used a zImage(available here, complied by someone we called him 'Bitter Coffee') for two days which has 168M ram in total, and at most about 100M ram available, under this one the phone is smooth but there is blank in some games such as the angry birds and fruitninja

so we can't have our cake and eat it too

there maybe a balance between the available ram for running smooth and 3d graphics

I tried the new one today, everything is OK with my B3 installed in my storage

Before this new zImage I have used a zImage(available here, complied by someone we called him 'Bitter Coffee') for two days which has 168M ram in total, and at most about 100M ram available, under this one the phone is smooth but there is blank in some games such as the angry birds and fruitninja

so we can't have our cake and eat it too

there maybe a balance between the available ram for running smooth and 3d graphics

hi Andy,if I'm looking for reliability than gaming,which zimage would u recommend?

Guest andylau

hi Andy,if I'm looking for reliability than gaming,which zimage would u recommend?

if you mean for gaming, i recommend the official one

if for more ram, the one i post above is perfect

maybe we should find the critical point for gaming and big ram

Guest carlospaco

Hello, i have update Beta 3 and works great. I want live wallpapers and i have know that someone did copied some files to the system map.

Is there someone who can upload these files , Please?

Great work Dev's Android is working like a charm.

I dide by me a new sdcard mobile ultra class4 and the diffirent is very good. I had a old one and that was slow.

Greets

Guest voyteckst

voyteckst, can I use this update to update my manual installation on My Storage please.

Yes, but My Storage has to be mounted on /storage or You have to apply it manually.

Edited by voyteckst

Guest marisaleh

Yes, but My Storage has to be mounted on /storage or You have to apply it manually.

Fantastic, That's how I configured my manual installation. I linked /storage folder to My Storage.

So it is a matter of copying the updates to My Storage and run haret from my storage.

Thank you very much voyteckst

Guest Vol7riX

Hey devs,

WOW, its absolutly amazing to see and read whats going on here with Android for omnia.

I´m a big fan of this developing. an thats the point that I buy me new SD-Card, today.

because i can´t install it on internal Storage. What is not so bad!!

but i have a few questions:

When i do the automatik installer there comes up a text on the screen like: may you have to update system/etc/fstab?

what does this mean? is the fstab missing in system/etc?

Next Q: i don´t play games on my omnia so i can use this zimage() for better Ram?

and the last one: Chainfir3D is it only usefull for gaming. or makes it the grafic generel better.

Thanks DEV-Team for ur amazing work an spending time in this project.

V7X

Guest voyteckst

Hey devs,

WOW, its absolutly amazing to see and read whats going on here with Android for omnia.

I´m a big fan of this developing. an thats the point that I buy me new SD-Card, today.

because i can´t install it on internal Storage. What is not so bad!!

but i have a few questions:

When i do the automatik installer there comes up a text on the screen like: may you have to update system/etc/fstab?

what does this mean? is the fstab missing in system/etc?

Next Q: i don´t play games on my omnia so i can use this zimage(http://windows.modac...ost__p__1840509) for better Ram?

and the last one: Chainfir3D is it only usefull for gaming. or makes it the grafic generel better.

Thanks DEV-Team for ur amazing work an spending time in this project.

V7X

I do not recommend this kernel, because it can be unstable, because changing reserved memory isn't a game. If You will use it and will have problems, don't complain.