[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest uzziel84
TO ALL HAVING PROBLEMS WITH SENSORS! What do You have at file sensors.default.so? Link or file? If file, remove it and apply new sensors update once more time. It's probably copy error from Your side, because on beta3 it was a link to sensors.GT-I8000.so.

In order to test the new sensors file I tried to do as voyteckst suggested, but it didn't work....got to figure out what i'm doing wrong....I'm back with the old sensors file and it works. I don't know if has something to do with this file or not, but the only to problems I have are:

- USB is not recognized (It charges but doesn't open SD card or system files);

- Battery only charges to 97% - this is a old problem I had (in beta 2 it charged to 93% and in beta 3 it charges to 97%) - also, with the old sensors file battery drains a little bit faster I think (had few hours with the new sensors), does the new one interferes with this?

Thanks

Edited by uzziel84

Guest voyteckst

sure that

In order to test the new sensors file I tried to do as voyteckst suggested, but it didn't work....got to figure out what i'm doing wrong....I'm back with the old sensors file and it works. I don't know if has something to do with this file or not, but the only to problems I have are:

- USB is not recognized (It charges but doesn't open SD card or system files);

- Battery only charges to 97% - this is a old problem I had (in beta 2 it charged to 93% and in beta 3 it charges to 97%) - also, with the old sensors file battery drains a little bit faster I think (had few hours with the new sensors), does the new one interferes with this?

Thanks

Are You sure that You're using new kernel?

Edited by voyteckst

Guest marios32

Don't know how but usb storage seems to be working now.

As for batter life, after 10 or so hours and 2 hours of music, 30 mins of wifi, some calls and a few misc apps/games i have 70% left, which is AMAZING.

At first i thought i was a bug or something, i though that the battery meter was wrong, but nooo :D

Thanks a lot for this update, the gui is faster now too! :)

FOR SOMEONE HOW HAS PROPLEM WITH CAMERA

Please do this

1 reboot the phone

2 without open the camera connect the phone on the pc

3 Open the camera application for me this work but if i let the phone on the sleep mode i cant open it again and i have to reboot the phone again and i have to follow this procedure again

For me this is worked ....

Odysseas07

Thanks for your reply but this doesnt work for me either. :(

I have read all 127 pages and doesnt exist solution...

I think that the dev-team will find the solution...

They really make very good job.

Thanks first to dev-team and all of the guys here that they share their experience...

Guest lotuxete

Great work,

Almost everything is working fine. Sensors are quite fast and accurate, GUI are faster and Wifi works fine. But incoming calls are still lagged. You have to wait about 3-4 seconds in order to answer.

It's almost a perfect work. We love you ¡ :lol:

The only thing I'm still missing is the FM-Radio. Would yo mind... some day? ;)

Bye.

Guest voyteckst

Great work,

Almost everything is working fine. Sensors are quite fast and accurate, GUI are faster and Wifi works fine. But incoming calls are still lagged. You have to wait about 3-4 seconds in order to answer.

It's almost a perfect work. We love you ¡ :lol:

The only thing I'm still missing is the FM-Radio. Would yo mind... some day? ;)

Bye.

Someday... ;-)

@Devs

The camera after the update doesn't work at all, at least it worked once before the update.

Can I help somehow to debug it?

------------------------

FOR SOMEONE HOW HAS PROPLEM WITH CAMERA

Please do this

1 reboot the phone

2 without open the camera connect the phone on the pc

3 Open the camera application for me this work but if i let the phone on the sleep mode i cant open it again and i have to reboot the phone again and i have to follow this procedure again

For me this is worked ....

Odysseas07

Thanks for your reply but this doesnt work for me either. :(

I have read all 127 pages and doesnt exist solution...

I think that the dev-team will find the solution...

They really make very good job.

Thanks first to dev-team and all of the guys here that they share their experience...

-----------------------------

Deus

The same from me and Odysseas07

Guest harrypotter222

Applied the new nov7 update, and I lost the ability to mount the SD STORAGE partition when I plugin the usb to a Windows/Linux OS.

Icon shows charging, but the volume is not mounted.

Guest rom_omnia2

I do not recommend this kernel, because it can be unstable, because changing reserved memory isn't a game. If You will use it and will have problems, don't complain.

Indeed, and isn't all about games. Some apps, like Google Street View, don't work with low memory reserved for G3D.

Guest marisaleh

voyteckst, I applied the new update

It went smoothly, no errors, no FC's,

But It seems to have lost the USB connectivity

between windows pc and sdcard, ie no access

to the phone under froyo from window pc.

Charging is fine.

Under a PC running UBUNTU, connectivity

is fine, USB to sdcard, USB Debugging.

charging is fine.

voyteckst, there is still an old issue from b3,

and that is in the settings, phone status still

returns My Number as Unknown.

Can you please look into this, as it means

it is not accessing the SIM info

Edited by marisaleh

Guest moiassar78

Hi voyteckst although u never comment on my post but i will stay saying thanks a lot for ur work

and asking again for the following improvements

Camera still sluggish and flash is always on (St.it work to turn off flash but i don't know how)

and please if u can tell me how to add Arabic language support to the system

Bluetooth need some improvement in speed

Phone still lag and delay on showing incoming call

except mentioned its charming specially after last update

Really i appreciate ur work and keep going

Edited by moiassar78

Guest RaymanLE

Hi Dev-Team,

here is my feedback for the beta3-update 1:

I bought a new class 10 SD card and performed a clean fresh install using the beta 3 installer on the empty card.

* I was confused, the readme in the beta 3 installer tells that updates should be named frb2update.tar.gz. I tried and renamed and somehow the update1 got installed. So how should updates be named, frb2... or frb3 ? After several reboots the frb.update-files remain in my storage (shouldnt they disappear?).

* After the fresh install and update 1 I had the sensors orientation problem. So I copied the file using ubuntu, orientation works good now.

* I also have no USB connection between SD card and windows. I toogled the debug-usb option in android settings, but the problem remains.

My android is running very smooth. Thank you very much, I always appreciate your work!

Stefan

Edited by RaymanLE

Hi All,

I have install Froyo beta 3 on SD card, but when run 'free' on terminal emulator it shown '0' on swap section.

looks like swap is not working.

any idea how to make it work ?

I already put swap partition (128 mb) after the ext4 partition.

Thx

:tenlee:

Guest Nelson Neoh

Have installed Froyo Beta3 by Manual way.

It is nothing more to say if compare to Beta2, which caused me to reinstalled 3 times due to data lost caused by system hang...

Good work team. :)

To my current situation, all "important" things works except the USB connection was not able to establish anymore.

Any hints?

3 more questions:

1. I can't use the BT for file transfer. Is this the actual way it is?

2. The screen brightness seems not really working. Not feeling deem even I covered the proximity sensor.

3. Wifi teething is not working. Same as you?

Guest haze028

I have installed beta 3 and the 11-7 update. It is like a new phone, runs smoothly and looks great.

I am having one issue, I can't seem to charge/connect to a pc. When the usb cable is plugged in my phone will stay on, as i set it to do while charging. However the battery image in the status bar does not change, if i go to battery status in the About phone it says status is discharging while it's plugged in and battery keeps dropping. Status will change to Not Charging when i unplug the USB.

Also i get no notice in either window or on the phone itself to indicate that it is connected to the pc, thus no option for mass storage.

If anyone has any solutions or ideas on how to correct this....

Guest erikcas

I have installed beta 3 and the 11-7 update. It is like a new phone, runs smoothly and looks great.

I am having one issue, I can't seem to charge/connect to a pc. When the usb cable is plugged in my phone will stay on, as i set it to do while charging. However the battery image in the status bar does not change, if i go to battery status in the About phone it says status is discharging while it's plugged in and battery keeps dropping. Status will change to Not Charging when i unplug the USB.

Also i get no notice in either window or on the phone itself to indicate that it is connected to the pc, thus no option for mass storage.

If anyone has any solutions or ideas on how to correct this....

See issue 24 projectpage google. Does the same apply to you?

Hi All,

I have install Froyo beta 3 on SD card, but when run 'free' on terminal emulator it shown '0' on swap section.

Thx

oppss.. the answer was found in page 94..

thanks all

Guest voyteckst

Hi All,

Thx

If You would like (but You wouldn't) to use search, You would know, that You have to add entry in /system/etc/fstab...

New update is incredible but I can't connect to VPNs (I tried many VPN servers). Is there any solution?

It's because tun device isn't compiled into kernel yet.

Have installed Froyo Beta3 by Manual way.

It is nothing more to say if compare to Beta2, which caused me to reinstalled 3 times due to data lost caused by system hang...

Good work team. :)

To my current situation, all "important" things works except the USB connection was not able to establish anymore.

Any hints?

3 more questions:

1. I can't use the BT for file transfer. Is this the actual way it is?

2. The screen brightness seems not really working. Not feeling deem even I covered the proximity sensor.

3. Wifi teething is not working. Same as you?

1. What kind of files? Some files are denied by default on android.

2. It's working, but it's not the case of proximity sensor, but light sensor,

3. No, it's not done yet.

Edited by voyteckst

Guest haze028

See issue 24 projectpage google. Does the same apply to you?

Yes that issue applies to me as well. Exact same conditions, I am using a samsung battery, though a 1440mah from my old samsung galaxy as opposed to the 1500mah that came default with the O2. Once i get home from work i will swap back to the battery originally packaged with this phone and see if that helps.

Aside from that issue i'm very happy with this beta release. Can't wait to see where it goes next. :)

If You would like (but You wouldn't) to use search, You would know, that You have to add entry in /system/etc/fstab...

Hi voyteckst, I found it already on page 92-94, thanks anyway :)

Guest haze028

Charging issue seems to be, hopefully is, resolved.

I added the update for the black theme created by sgoo Post #23. After applying this update, i have had no problem charging the device via usb. It has been charging for 25 mins without going to the discharging status as before.

Not sure what exactly in the theme update would have made an impact, but it seems to have resolved it for me.

Edited by haze028

Guest greatwiseone

Thanks Devs! Beta 3 is amazing and works MUCH better than before!

One question for those who are on Beta3...has anyone been able to get Skype working? I installed it, but it won't load. Any insight would be appreciated!