[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest voyteckst

can some one please explan me how to upgrade from beta 2 to beta 3 for external sd card

How many times this question (or how to install) will be asked? There is update package...

Guest s jithu

How many times this question (or how to install) will be asked? There is update package...

im sorry im newbie i install beta 3 automatic for sd card the msg i got is system/etc/fstab?

what does it mean

i did beta 2 automatic for sd card and perfect but when i update beta2 to beta3 some error r there

im not understading

so help me to install beta3 automatic for sd card ( like beta2 )

Edited by s jithu

Guest voyteckst

im sorry im newbie i install beta 3 automatic for sd card the msg i got is system/etc/fstab?

what does it mean

i did beta 2 automatic for sd card and perfect but when i update beta2 to beta3 some error r there

im not understading

so help me to install beta3 automatic for sd card ( like beta2 )

This is beta. Installer isn't perfect.

should be executed, or am I wrong, if he copied files to my storage?

So akmd cfg should be removed by script

Right. Haven't read properly ;-) It should work fine.

Edited by voyteckst

Guest voyteckst

i mean beta2 automatic has perfect install process

It's not a matter of installer. It's rather matter of fat32 partition and errors on it. If it has errors, it can't be partitioned (parted refuses to operate). Beta2 also had same.

Guest erikcas

i mean beta2 automatic has perfect install process

Read the readme and follow instructions. If you have original settings for my storage and SD (by that I mean "as delivered by Samsung") installer works out of the box. If you expirimented with partitioning or partitioning is somehow changed installer could not work

In that case revert to original partitioning. Easiest way is reflash a (original) rom

Guest s jithu

It's not a matter of installer. It's rather matter of fat32 partition and errors on it. If it has errors, it can't be partitioned (parted refuses to operate). Beta2 also had same.

i formatted sd card in pc fat32 and install beta2 installed well but not beta3 so please help what to do

Guest s jithu

Read the readme and follow instructions. If you have original settings for my storage and SD (by that I mean "as delivered by Samsung") installer works out of the box. If you expirimented with partitioning or partitioning is somehow changed installer could not work

In that case revert to original partitioning. Easiest way is reflash a (original) rom

i have nxxjj1 rom not the orignal rom from where can i get samsung orginal rom

when i install beta3 to sd card the message appered

update system/etc/fstab?

Guest lalinde89

No, it should last longer, because of magnecitc sensor corrections. Have You removed akmd cfg file like in update script?

Sorry voyteckst!how could i do that??i did understand the procedure..my battery last half a day in android..

by the way, the gui is running smooth, but also my sensors are not working well, if i open the gallery app it show me the photos as if i were moving the o2 to the left, the same when im trying to play a game where the accelerometer is need it..

thx a lot!!!

Guest erikcas

i have nxxjj1 rom not the orignal rom from where can i get samsung orginal rom

when i install beta3 to sd card the message appered

update system/etc/fstab?

doesn't matter which rom, take a original rom and flash it. Your my storage will then have the only right partition layout for installer.

If you don't (want to) flash and installer doesn't work, then search the forum for manual install. There are tons of tutorials posted, so use search button.

But keep in mind it could be that updates must be installed manually. If so, ask the writer of the tutorial you followed.

You can also try to only partition manually to prepare your my storage for automatic installer. Just as with manual install, tutorials are posted enough on the forum, search for it.

Guest fabio.s

I'm having a strange problem with beta 3 on SD card: I had to reboot by removing the battery.

Since then, beta 3 didn't boot.

Tried to reinstall beta 3, but it didn't work: it decompresses everything on the SD and then reboot in WinMo.

After that, I launched haret.exe. After a while, it arrives at the flashing android logo, but stays there forever: never finishes the boot sequence.

Please help me: I want to try the new update.

Thanks in advance

Fabio

Ok, solved.

Installed beta 2 and then beta 3 (full installation, not update) and it all went good

Fabio

Edited by fabio.s

Guest pepelito

Hi all.

Trying to use Droidwall, but there is a problem with iptables modules. Trying to load manually using insmod in terminal by insmod ip_tables.ko or iptables_filter.ko there is a problem with symbol or kernel versión. Perhaps this modules were compiled for other kernel version? Can anybody compile the modules for this new kernel? I'd try to compile by myself but not user to compile (crosscompile) kernels.

Thanks a lot

Guest shoarmabakpao

Hey I found this usefull link on XDA-developers.com

it's all about tweaks and scripts for almost every android device!

I do not know if these fixes are already in our android but I thought I'd just post this!

The list is very long with alot of tweaks & fixes we could really use! Such like the call-delay which he also mentions how to fix it with that code & improve speed!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1227269

Guest erikcas

Hey I found this usefull link on XDA-developers.com

it's all about tweaks and scripts for almost every android device!

I do not know if these fixes are already in our android but I thought I'd just post this!

The list is very long with alot of tweaks & fixes we could really use! Such like the call-delay which he also mentions how to fix it with that code & improve speed!

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1227269

:headache:

You should open a new topic for this, before everyone is asking questions here about things as this:

how do i test this one because i cant remember what i rename the bold parts to lol

tune2fs -o journal_data_writeback /block/path/to/system

tune2fs -O ^has_journal /block/path/to/system

tune2fs -o journal_data_writeback /block/path/to/cache

tune2fs -O ^has_journal /block/path/to/cache

tune2fs -o journal_data_writeback /block/path/to/data

tune2fs -O ^has_journal /block/path/to/data

Edited by erikcas

Guest Boddish

Do anyone know any configuration, app, or something to make android battery last longer? mine also gets only half a day.

7% a hour... any method of installation? something please...

any preferencial launcher? root programs? i'm up to anything...

I have my storage installation

Guest marisaleh

An update regarding USB connection and accessing My Storage from a windows PC.

I am pleased to confirm that I have now resolved this problem, I can now access My Storage

from my Windows pc perfectly, also USB debugging is working.

I did it by rebooting in RECOVERY mode. This mode of rebooting wipes the dalvik-cache,

effectively performing a clean up job. Hence the recovery of my USB connection.

I don't know about the sensors, I searched for sensors.default.so using

root explorer, it couldn't find it.

can you please Guys show me a simple method I can use to test

if they are working.

Regarding the Battery, I am not sure, I am currently charging it with USB connection, It is

sitting at 97%, It is not moving up or down. I noted voyteckst saying that before the update

the battery used to drain a little even when it is charging with USB.

I can confirm that it has now been charging with USB for a while and has reached 97% and

it is staying at that and not loosing charge.

There is something else I noticed, and that is that the battery is staying cold while charging

through USB, you can feel it by hand.

One last thing regarding the battery not fully charging, I know I mentioned this in an earlier

post, but can we Guys wipe the battery data from the phone, and see if that makes

a difference. This will effectively reset the battery data eg stats etc..

So, a typical procedure will be; wipe data - fully drain - fully charge again

I personally don't know how to do that, perhaps someone on the forum will be able to do it.

I will continue testing with the current update and will report back.

Edited by marisaleh

Guest marios32

I didn't believe i would see 100 % too but i just takes longer to reach.

Also if i fully charge it and leave it charging, it stops at 100 % and uses battery as if it wasn't plugged to power.

That might be why some people are saying its stuck at 96 or 97 etc..

Just wanted to share.. If you would like to have the hardware buttons allocated like in WM (ENDCALL is Home, LOCK is Power On/Off, BACK is Back) just put those 2 files from ZIP (make a copy of yours!) in /usr/keylayouts, and reboot :)

keylayout.zip

Guest rom_omnia2

Just wanted to share.. If you would like to have the hardware buttons allocated like in WM (ENDCALL is Home, LOCK is Power On/Off, BACK is Back) just put those 2 files from ZIP (make a copy of yours!) in /usr/keylayouts, and reboot :)

PEOPLE! Install BUTTOM SAVIOR from Market. It's a screen-buttom app.

So you save your hardware buttoms.

Guest sea doo

Hi Voyteckst, thanks for the update.

After the upgrade my installed programs on your SD card disappear (I can't run it, andrid can't see this programs). The card is normally seen by Android. Also, I can't install any programs/games, that require installation on the SD card.

Before the upgrade everything was ok.

I have my storage installation.

Thanks for the reply.

Edited by sea doo

Hello, since beta1 i have used an external SD card, but after a SOD or any reboots, my file system get corrupt. I don't know why. Now after the site survey, i've installed the system on internal memory trying to avoid this problem.

by the other hand, a kingston class 10 sd card is on the way. People don't talk about this file system corruption. Only two references about size of more than 2gb. Maybe my 2GB sdcard is wrong.

saludos.

Hello again, first of all:

With my new sd card kingston corruption problem is solved.

About update 1 of beta 3:

My major issue is, I activate wifi, i work perfect but when I deactivates wifi 3G comes online but the phone gets hot and the battery consuption is very high.

When i restart the phone all is fine again.

thanks ;)

Guest lalinde89

Do anyone know any configuration, app, or something to make android battery last longer? mine also gets only half a day.

7% a hour... any method of installation? something please...

any preferencial launcher? root programs? i'm up to anything...

I have my storage installation

me too...half a day, i have sd card installation