[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest rom_omnia2

Did anynone noticed the LED ligthing up without any apparent reason?

It happened to me about 4 or 5 times that I've noticed. The phone is sleeping than it just lights the LED, it scared me one night tongue.gif. I had to take the battery off because the phone wasn't responding.

The last three times it happened I just start the camera app and it turns the LED back off.

By the way: Thank dev team for sharing your work. I owe you all a free beer.

+ 1

Started when i installed EBuddy, one week ago. I don't know exactly what i did but the problem is gone.

Edited by rom_omnia2

Guest knimlot

hi guys, i have some questions, does installing android on your phone wipes off everything from winmo or is it like spb ? hope u guys know what i meant? like you I want to breathe some new life into my omnia... and I'm trying to figure out how to install since i'm not so good at this thing

Guest erikcas
hi guys, i have some questions, does installing android on your phone wipes off everything from winmo or is it like spb ? hope u guys know what i meant? like you I want to breathe some new life into my omnia... and I'm trying to figure out how to install since i'm not so good at this thing

It does not wipe winmo. It shut down winmo and start android. When you reboot it boots back into winmo.

For install see first post. It comes with automatic installer and a readme containing howto.

Guest voyteckst

It happened to me about 4 or 5 times that I've noticed. The phone is sleeping than it just lights the LED, it scared me one night . I had to take the battery off because the phone wasn't responding.

The last three times it happened I just start the camera app and it turns the LED back off.

I had it once. It was casused by not closed camera app. Then i close it and everything was ok.

Sent from my GT-I8000

Guest antonio junior

Portuguese

Eu instalei o Z4root, mas quando finaliza, dá erro e trava. Acho que há problemas no root. Queria muito instalar o CPU Turner, para aumentar a vida da bateria

Alguma outra solução ou uma possivel correção no proximo update?

Alguem com o mesmo problema que eu?

English

I installed Z4root, but when it finishes, it gives error and crashes. I think there are problems in the root. I really wanted to install the CPU Turner, to increase battery life

Any other solution or a possible fix in next update?

Someone with the same problem as me?

Check out her personal message

Guest marios32

guys any ideas for bug in call

when I recive call it takes 10 sec to show the caller

Its a known bug and its worked on, but 10 seconds might be an exaggeration..

I get 3 to 5 seconds. Also my contacts and calls menu access has been improved since the beta3 update(takes 2-3 seconds to open menu max).

It happened to me about 4 or 5 times that I've noticed. The phone is sleeping than it just lights the LED, it scared me one night tongue.gif. I had to take the battery off because the phone wasn't responding.

+1

Me to.It stucks for 1-2 seconts and then ok!

By the way my camera doesnt work(always stop unexpectedly)

This is the reason for this stuck?(like voytechst says)Do you know how to solve the camera problem?

This is the only problem i have.

Thanks

Edited by vspidy

Guest lzq55555

HI, voyteckst ,The latest kernel does not support app2sd, the program can not be moved to the sd card, but the previous version can be supported, can you tell us which section of code, we really need this feature, thank you!

Guest Aljaz Pungercar

ok. i did all these steps, but when it comes to change FSTAB file i can't find it. i go myself to the place where it should be located, but i don't have it there. i don't know why. i used everything from BETA 3 and startup.txt from beta manual install package.

please help, me. i'm new at this also. :(

Guest voyteckst

HI, voyteckst ,The latest kernel does not support app2sd, the program can not be moved to the sd card, but the previous version can be supported, can you tell us which section of code, we really need this feature, thank you!

It's not kernel. It's android feature, not kernel...

Guest sea doo

Hai all, I have problem, I can't install large size apps such as angrybird on this update version.

Can anybody help me to fix this?

Solving problems:

Android is installed on my memory of 8GB.

If someone would have problems after installing update 1:

- The inability to install programs on the sd

- Does not work correctly screen rotation

It should be:

1.Go back to the old zImage (from normal beta3), improves installing programs on SD

2. Restore a file-I8000.so sensors.GT (from normal beta3), improved file operation screen rotation.

All operations are tested by me and the phone works normally.

Hi, Voyteckst

I have a problem with a light sensor that automatically changes the brightness of the light intensity. It does not change the brightness.

How does it solve?

Polish:

Mam problem z czujnikiem oświetlenia, który zmienia automatycznie jasność ekranu od natężenia światła. Nie zmienia jasności.

Jak to rozwiązać ?

Edited by sea doo

Guest shoarmabakpao

Hey all!

Avantgarde posted on May 2011 that he has clockwork mod ready but only had a problem with adb. I ask you Avantgarde & other dev's if clockwork mod will be availible for us.

I read that some recovery's work on various phones, mabey with some luck ours will aswell. But I do not know about this.

Please I would really like to see this on our phones!

Guest Blue Ember

Hey

I install android in my storage and the sd card is inserted when install successfully complete fine when I start haret.exe it's the system is freeze and when I remove sd card it's work fine i don't know where the problem i edit init.rc many times and still not work the sd card not mount and make android freeze in welcome to Android screen

Guest voyteckst

Hey

I install android in my storage and the sd card is inserted when install successfully complete fine when I start haret.exe it's the system is freeze and when I remove sd card it's work fine i don't know where the problem i edit init.rc many times and still not work the sd card not mount and make android freeze in welcome to Android screen

on init

....cut....

oneshot 

What was purpose of Your post? It's not very clever to put file which everyone has, which is long to the post.......

Guest erikcas

What was purpose of Your post? It's not very clever to put file which everyone has, which is long to the post.......

Apart from that. Just don't edit that file. It makes no sense because the disknumbers of my storage and SD don't change if you install on my storage or SD

Guest lemalin

ok. i did all these steps, but when it comes to change FSTAB file i can't find it. i go myself to the place where it should be located, but i don't have it there. i don't know why. i used everything from BETA 3 and startup.txt from beta manual install package.

please help, me. i'm new at this also. :(

You have to create the file by yourself.

Guest erikcas

Hi, is this installer tested?

Any pre requisite about the partitions or someting to know? no readme or any instruction in the attached file

Maybe you should test it? If everybody asks this, there will never be an answer.

Try before you die B)

Guest LuisGTF

Already tested:

The chinesse installer works OK, create the partitions, swap and set up, but things to know:

I deleted the previus partirions created manually and format My memory 2GB to fat32

Its only a installer, not a package, u need put the haret.exe and ext4.tar.gz into root of my memory with the instaler

During the installation I see 2 messages about update the archive fstab, tomorrow will see that.

The installation and unpack finish well, but when I executed haret.exe its stuck at "jumping kernel, see a cursor, and stuck in a black screen, I´ve fixed that replacing the Zimage with the original.

SD card is mounted ok at sdcard directory, but remain fat32 My memory isnt set

And a strange thing, in beta 3 my cam force close all time, in this installation worked 5 min, since I loaded the gallery its crash again <_< maybe one day she relives... xD

Seems stable, and work smooth, market download ok, wifi ok etc

Perhaps this chinesse installer could be a starting point for a "official installer"

Nice work

Edited by LuisGTF