[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest andylau

Hi, is this installer tested?

Any pre requisite about the partitions or someting to know? no readme or any instruction in the attached file

here is where this file comes from, if you can understand Chinese you can go and read it carefully

now i just translate some of the meaning what ggwfnh said in his topic

11.11 Single's Day update:

1.he corrected a mistake which can't open swap partition or mount my storage as storage;

2.add the feature to delete the second partition if you have 2 fat32 primary partitions or ntfs partition in the second partition

what's the function of this file: install android on my storage or sdcard which can make partitions automatic, with 3 partitions: fat32,ext4 and swap as default

how to use it: copy this file to my storage or sdcard(depend on where you wish to make partitions and install android) and take place of the official one

if you don't have ext4.tar.gz in the root of your card, it will only make partitions but not install android

so you can just have this file in the particular place in your phone, which means you cant't put it both in my storage and in sdcard

make sure that the first partition is primary

sorry for my English, it's only on your own risk, but i haven't seen anyone brick his phone with android installed, so feel relieved :rolleyes:

the third post in his topic is the source code, you can copy it to study if you have interest

Edited by andylau

Guest howdanny

Hi, last sat midnight i got this beta 3 install into my omnia 4gb sd card, other than the auto rotation is not working well (i put on portrait it show landscape, i put landscape it show portrait, then i off auto-rotate so it only on portrait mode now) other is still ok...

but my battery draining very fast.... about 4hrs it from 91% go down to 12% and i only on wifi for a while to download a few apps approx 30mins, and other time all in standby mode, last night when i sleep it still having 60% and this morning with alarm clock on for 7hrs ++ it left 24%... is this normal?

Just thought I would try to help others who have had a tough time getting Android up and running on their system. This is WINDOWS FRIENDLY. install.

Step 1: Install Mini Tools Partition Wizard from here, its a great program.

Step 2: Plug your SD card into your Windows computer so it shows up as a drive

Step 3: Open Mini Tools Partition Wizard and do the following after you've cleared the card off of valuable files.

Step 4: First format FAT32, ensure its set to Primary and not Logical. Make sure you size down the FAT32 format to your SD card size minus around 1.3gb for the next partitions. Don't just format the whole things FAT32.

Step 5: Format EXT4 partition that is also Primary. Make it around 1gb. A window will pop up letting you know that windows won't be able to read anything but the first FAT32, just hit "OK"

Step 6: Format Linux Swap with around 256mb, or 128mb if you're stuck for space.

Step 7: Press "Apply" at the top of the Mini Tools program. All the formating and partitioning are queued up until you press apply then they are performed. Wait for it to complete.

Step 8: Take the contents of the Froyo Android installer package at the beginning of this thread, extract it, and place the contents onto your FAT32 partition (the only one windows sees) [might not need this step]

Step 9: Eject the SD card from your windows machine, and put it into the back of your Omnia 2 when its off. Be gentle, the metal tray slides then pops up. Turn it on.

Step 10: Copy the extracted Froyo Android installer that you just put on your SD and put it on your My Storage portion of your phone. You can do this by plugging it into your computer and have activesync initialize allowing you to copy the files over, or by selecting USB Mass Storage option then plugging it into your computer.

Step 11: Find and open "Explorer" in your phone's tools

Step 12: Navigate to your SD card on your phone's Explorer, then goto the subfolder "o2beta" and run AndroidInstall.exe in there

Step 13: Be very patient, it takes awhile. Once its done it will tell you installation was a success, and your phone will soon restart on its own. If it doesn't tell you this, it didn't work. You'll have to read the crazy text.

Step 14: Once its restarted, find and open "Explorer" again, navigate to "My Storage" and run Haret.exe

Step 15: Be patient, first boot takes a very long time.

Anyways, I might have included some extra steps in there but its up and running, albeit extremely slowly. Hopefully this helps someone. My apologies for terrible writing, hopefully its clear enough.

Hi Mike,

Thanks for sharing this and i managed to install beta 3 on my omnia 8GB model with 4GB SD card. I expect the android is function fully in internal storage

questions, can i delete the file i copy in the SD card earlier?

Maybe you should test it? If everybody asks this, there will never be an answer.

Try before you die B)

i tested it is ok

for getting better result

use MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition

my storage devide in 3 partition like this

first partition fat32 primary

second partition 1.5 gb ext4 primary

third partition 512 mb linux -swap

then use automatic installer

Edited by ASIDER

Guest andylau

somebody sent an email to me, its about nand android on i8000, but when i click the link, it comes out that i must put on credit card number and some information to download it, so it probably is fake

here is the link: https://www.docstoc.com/pass?ct=28&doc_id=87235456&utm_term=ctrl-doc-title&utm_source=email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=123&utm_content=1571&alt=f2853e11-b343-4c68-b414-4a9dcf6a19bc

Guest Blue Ember

steel problem with me to boot android when sd is inserted I think it must to edit init fie but I don't know which program can edit this file any ideas ...??

Guest erikcas

somebody sent an email to me, its about nand android on i8000, but when i click the link, it comes out that i must put on credit card number and some information to download it, so it probably is fake

here is the link: https://www.docstoc....14-4a9dcf6a19bc

unwanted email = spam. Why post a link to a creditcard form here?

Edited by erikcas

Guest marisaleh

An update regarding battery drainage during standby after update1.

I closed all apps, and monitored drainage in standby,

It looks like the phone is loosing approximately 1% of battery every

1 hour. I monitored this several times, and the result is consistent.

Does anybody know how much battery the phone looses under Windows Mobile.

Edited by marisaleh

1% an hour, can't be much less in windows mobile. 1% an hour is in fact pretty good, for a now a days android phone

steel problem with me to boot android when sd is inserted I think it must to edit init fie but I don't know which program can edit this file any ideas ...??

if SDCARD is NOT inserted, mmcblk0pY is your internal storage(in this case, My Storage), but if your SDCARD is inserted, then mmcblk0pY is your SDCARD, and my storage became mmcblk1pY, you can edit it on init.rc

and about Y on (mmcblkXpY), its depend on your partition position. mine is : mmcblk1p5 (Fat32), mmcblk1p6(Ext4), mmcblk1p7(swap) and mmcblk0p5 (SDCARD) , so maybe yours different :)

good luck..

Guest Vol7riX

is that possible?? My battery drain is 90% in 4 Hours in normal/daily use!

Edited by Vol7riX

Guest alaamac199

Hi there :-)

I don't seem to be able to apply any update (frb3update.tar.gz/frb3update.sh) .. besides I can't find mystorage partition in /storage directory ..

I've installed Android on Sdcard .. used the beta 3 automatic installer .. and havn't touched the startup.txt file at all ..

(mystorage has only one partition "sdb1")

any solution please ??

EDIT : I've successfully installed the tar.gz files via ubuntu (sudo tar...) .. but tried to type the command lines in the .sh file using the terminal emulater within android with no success (it isn't typing the number 2)

Edited by alaamac199

Guest my self

I tried to install it from internal storage...

... unfortunaltely i haven't seen the note which told me not to do that :( ...

Now i have no access to "My Storage" anymore ...

Can anyone tell me how to fix that?!

Cheers,

Stefan

Beta3 available.

Guest my self

I tried to install it from internal storage...

... unfortunaltely i haven't seen the note which told me not to do that :( ...

Now i have no access to "My Storage" anymore ...

Can anyone tell me how to fix that?!

Cheers,

Stefan

Guest plantjes

WTH?! 90% after 4 hours... I think you have turned on everything :D

Same here...

Run Haret still as seperate boot next to wm6.5...

Used to charge every 2 or 3 days in when using normaly in wm 6.5..

Sure when i surf on the WWW it takes 2 or 3 hours to get fully discharged...

But when i run Haret with beta 3 it gets discharged in 3 to 4 hours..

Wifi and Bluetooth switched off..

Screen backlite switch off after 1 min...

I need still to find out why because charging the phone 6x per day looks stupid...

Have used lots of options jet and found no problems so far and thus are very happy with froyo....

One issue..

do i need to enter all contacts again or can i get them some how from de wm6.5 list...

Thanks benno

Same here...

Run Haret still as seperate boot next to wm6.5...

Used to charge every 2 or 3 days in when using normaly in wm 6.5..

Sure when i surf on the WWW it takes 2 or 3 hours to get fully discharged...

But when i run Haret with beta 3 it gets discharged in 3 to 4 hours..

Wifi and Bluetooth switched off..

Screen backlite switch off after 1 min...

I need still to find out why because charging the phone 6x per day looks stupid...

Have used lots of options jet and found no problems so far and thus are very happy with froyo....

One issue..

do i need to enter all contacts again or can i get them some how from de wm6.5 list...

Thanks benno

+1 with the drainage issue

Probably will get an SD for installation this wkend and share with you the difference later

for import of contact, try refer to standard google import procedure

(assume u have sync contact with microsoft outlook), export as csv file and upload to google

Edited by Job21

Guest shoarmabakpao

+1 with the drainage issue

Probably will get an SD for installation this wkend and share with you the difference later

for import of contact, try refer to standard google import procedure

(assume u have sync contact with microsoft outlook), export as csv file and upload to google

I never had such an issue O__O

I got the SDCard install with my own tweaks for more performance and it lasted me yesterday a whole day and still had 68% left of battery.

Guest antonio junior

anyone noticed that those who settled on the memory card the battery lasts longer or am I wrong?

Just out of curiosity, I noticed that the window to adjust the mobile cpu performance to "low" when you click haret.exe, SOD has a home on the logo.

Edited by antonio junior

Guest shoarmabakpao

anyone noticed that those who settled on the memory card the battery lasts longer or am I wrong?

Just out of curiosity, I noticed that the window to adjust the mobile cpu performance to "low" when you click haret.exe, SOD has a home on the logo.

I do not understand what you mean. Whenever I launch Haret.exe it automaticly launches Android.

I did not see anything about performance "low"

Guest my self

I also not succeeded :(

The last thing I see is the Android on Samsung Omnia II screen ;-(

Everybody telling me that I dont read readme, or dont do this or that. Man... I try everything! I swear! I read not just first or second post. I read all thread! I try all partitions p1....p7! I will try when come a new installer. I know the problem its in partition, but I dont know what is...

I think its not too much user really install it. Maybe I open a poll asking how much user really install it.

For me... I waiting for a next version. I try everything in the thread (for windows I dont have linux)

Guest shoarmabakpao

I also not succeeded :(

The last thing I see is the Android on Samsung Omnia II screen ;-(

When using the automated sd-card install you need to look carefully on what it says. At a certain point the installer will show you ALL THE NAMES (such like mmcblk0p2 etc...) + what file it is

With that information you can easily copy & paste those things in init.rc (that's what I did, sd card, mystorage works!)

Those numbers won't change again because those are your partition numbers. just look carefull

Edited by shoarmabakpao