[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest voyteckst

I applied the update, still doesn't solve Reading from the SIM problem

In Settings - About phone - Status; it still says My phone number Unknown

Can you please tell us what does this update actually do apart from App2SD update

Thanks

It does what's written.

Guest Alter88

Can you please tell us what does this update actually do apart from App2SD update

Thanks

Well, it just does that as you can read in the description of the update ;)

Edit: Hehe, same time reply as voyteckst ;)

Edited by Alter88

Guest Wagner Alves

was not so clear.

I mean that when you're on Windows Mobile, you set the CPU performance to "low" when booting Android will be stuck on the boot screen. at least it happens to me.

battery and for some people who settled in the internal memory is having a very fast draining.

Antonio Junior

Peço verificar sua caixa pessoal, o meu contato do msn está lá.

Um abraço.

Guest perseidas

Hello all :)

I want to thank you about the big efforts you make for on this amazing project

Im a newbie on linux and android and I had hard times before installing android froyo 3 on my phone

I leaned lot of things and finally I have android with these problems :

Battery descharging very fast

GPS doesnt connet

No sim contacts

etc...

Now I want to install the update -frb3update- and then the fix and I hope someone can explain me how to do this or refers me for a new guide for these updates. I also want to know if I must update the firts and then the second fix after it or just install the last one ?

Another thing : At first I had the problem of mounting partitions and my internal storage wasnt detected. which I fixed with changing mmcblk partition numbers in init.rc and ading a "#" to the line of mount /storage at vstab...

Will these updates change the configurations of init.rc and vstab ? I really dont want to mess up and lose lots of tweaking and searching !! B)

Thank U very much I hope I know I had lots of cuestions... Im sorry but I really enjoying this new system on my phone :lol:

Guest my self

Thx for response!

I don't know where i should look carefully?!

I started "hret.exe" and the device is shutting down.

The info displayed isn't verry usefull...

Next thing I've seen is the "Android on Omnia II" screen and this was the end of the show :(

However,

after several tries i succeeded to guess the right partition numbers and now it starts up correctly...

I'm going to add a complete manual for all other guys which had to deal with this problems =)

Cheers,

Stefan

When using the automated sd-card install you need to look carefully on what it says. At a certain point the installer will show you ALL THE NAMES (such like mmcblk0p2 etc...) + what file it is

With that information you can easily copy & paste those things in init.rc (that's what I did, sd card, mystorage works!)

Those numbers won't change again because those are your partition numbers. just look carefull

Guest lalinde89

I never had such an issue O__O

I got the SDCard install with my own tweaks for more performance and it lasted me yesterday a whole day and still had 68% left of battery.

did you have your apn off??to save battery?

about the "abnormal" discharging, 1 interest finding to dev team

in my case, leaving the battery at 50+ before sleep, after 7 hrs, it also slept (out of battery)

but then I have an emergency charge upto 40%, and played music through BT for 30mins, the usage is just 3%

maybe there's something wrong with the sleep mode, something was not shutting down properly?

Guest xibianliang
Now I want to install the update -frb3update- and then the fix and I hope someone can explain me how to do this or refers me for a new guide for these updates. I also want to know if I must update the firts and then the second fix after it or just install the last one ?

what you need to do is to uncompress the frb3update package and put the files at the root of My storage and start android. the updates will be applied automatically in the boot process.

you just need to install fr3update and the fix is just zimage which you copy to your storage in place of the original one.

Another thing : At first I had the problem of mounting partitions and my internal storage wasnt detected. which I fixed with changing mmcblk partition numbers in init.rc and ading a "#" to the line of mount /storage at vstab...

Will these updates change the configurations of init.rc and vstab ? I really dont want to mess up and lose lots of tweaking and searching !! B)

the update will overwrite your custom scripts

Edited by xibianliang

Guest perseidas

what you need to do is to uncompress the frb3update package and put the files at the root of My storage and start android. the updates will be applied automatically in the boot process.

you just need to install fr3update and the fix is just zimage which you copy to your storage in place of the original one.

the update will overwrite your custom scripts

Thanks a lot Xibianliang for your help ! I will try this :)

Cheers

Guest sgmem88

Thanks

It is very clear the update only fix App2SD problem, nothing else is mentioned.

just curious, with "My phone number Unknown", does it affect the phone performance or usage?

what is the advantage to have it 'known' ?

thanks

please investigate about the camera problem in some cases here, I really want to use applications such as camera360 ultimate camera in android. No need to rush, but please give a solution to this problem.smile.gif I've tried various ways but still doesnt work, so confuse why until now I still cant use the camera. unsure.gif

Edited by xcavs

Guest erikcas

just curious, with "My phone number Unknown", does it affect the phone performance or usage?

what is the advantage to have it 'known' ?

thanks

It doesn't. In fact, my blackberry, for work (my boss is largest telecom provider in my country) shows number unknown. It is no issue according to tech guys working @my boss.

Well, those guys should know.

Advantage is that you can look up your own number if you forgot it,

please investigate about the camera problem in some cases here, I really want to use applications such as camera360 ultimate camera in android. No need to rush, but please give a solution to this problem.smile.gif I've tried various ways but still doesnt work, so confuse why until now I still cant use the camera. unsure.gif

+1

Same thing happen to me and to other users like : knank , sam7128 , Odysseas07

We have noted the problem again

Thanks a lot

Edited by vspidy

Guest zappazz

Many thanks to DEVs. This is a great work. I definitively switched to Android, and won't came back to use WinMo.

During these beta release, i understood your difficulties to release a stable version, considering we all have the same device, BUT there are so many variables: sdcard or internal memory installation, network provider, ... for example i recently changed my SIM card (updated from a very old 32kb, to a new 128kb) and now i get network signal in few seconds (with the old sim card it took till a minute...).

Anyway i'm facing a strange and annoyng problem (maybe it is happening only to me...), but i ask for your help to investigate further and solve the issue:

Android boot, but phone lost system_data and App configuration (basically after boot present the welcome screen "tap to configure device")

Becouse of this problem, i never reboot on purpose, but sometimes i nedd to boot because:

-use the lastest zImage (beta3_update1_FIX)

-when batteries goes down, the only solution is to put on charge, start WinMo and then Haret

So the question is: what should i look at to avoid this beaviour?

I dont need a solution (using Titanium backup, i'm able to restore almost everything),

i would like you to help me to find the cause and solve it.

Suggest me everything (using linux command, sqllite investigation, ...), i'll try.

THANKS again

Edit:

Noooo, Android stuck in this moment when i was openind calendar: totally blocked, screen on,... need to remove battery...

Ready to reboot and restore :-)

Edit2:

other strange behaviour: i opened network settings; i see "use 2G only" activated; i unselect "use 2G" and press back button; i come back to that setting and "use 2G" is still activated :-(

Edit3:

At the moment Andoid booted itself (not passing thru WinMo, but showinf Android "shining" logo...

Consideration:

-It is like my installation does not "save" settings...

-i'm going to uninstall some app to see if all these problems goes away...

unistalled "Myprofiles" and above problems seem to be solved. The main problem remain...

if you have suggestions...

Edited by zappazz

Guest voyteckst

I do not have an Data Plan. But I do use the normal cellular 3G lines without internet.

W need help from chinese forums. Please try to get nv_data.bin and imei (belongings to phone from which this file comes) from i6500 users. If You will get it, let me know with PM.

Guest nikkotsoi

I do not have an Data Plan. But I do use the normal cellular 3G lines without internet.

In froyo beta 2

the battery drain very little even with 3G on

But in beta 3 , it 's a bit worse

But with 3g turned off, it is acceptable ( At most 1% per hour when sleeping)

Guest shoarmabakpao

+1

Same thing happen to me and to other users like : knank , sam7128 , Odysseas07

We have noted the problem again

Thanks a lot

Sorry but it just works fine. I downloaded the free version from the market and it worked perfectly.

Guest nikkotsoi

W need help from chinese forums. Please try to get nv_data.bin and imei (belongings to phone from which this file comes) from i6500 users. If You will get it, let me know with PM.

i can read chinese, maybe i can help

but why is it necessarily from a chinese forum ?

Guest shoarmabakpao

In froyo beta 2

the battery drain very little even with 3G on

But in beta 3 , it 's a bit worse

But with 3g turned off, it is acceptable ( At most 1% per hour when sleeping)

But still, everyone with an native Android phone WITH an data plan are having an VERY hard time on using an phone for 1 day

Most people's battery's are at like 20% before even school ends! They do use alot whatsapp and webbrowsing but still, it's normal on Android

Guest voyteckst

i can read chinese, maybe i can help

but why is it necessarily from a chinese forum ?

Cause it's China Unicorn phone. If You will take it from another it will be also good ;-)