[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest erikcas

I managed to get connected to AGPS within seconds but coarse GPS it takes, somewhere in between one hour and one hour and a half, to connect. It's annoying.

I bought licence for SYGIC(offline navigator with offline maps) but I can't use it because it takes so long to connect to GPS. I tried GPS fix app, but doesn't fix the problem. My simcard doesn't have a data plan.

I have a old Sonny Ericsson Xperia X1 and it connects to GPS in less than 2 min.

No offense, I wonder why you buy a license for an app if you want to run it on a winmo phone with a beta android on it?

No offense, I wonder why you buy a license for an app if you want to run it on a winmo phone with a beta android on it?

The app is for android.I bought it because I saw the speed of development is so good. But in the end if it's not gone work I'll probably buy a native android phone. I tried it on xperia x1 which has android froyo from xda forum. It's funny on xperia x1 I have even honey comb v2 and works great except the battery life it's much shorter than omnia 2 i8000 and the screen smaller.

Guest HJHJHJHHHHHH

Deal all,

After reading all the pose here, i still have no idea how to start install Froyo 3 to my Omnia II.

Would you please help me on the following question?

1. Do we still need to do partition first?

2. Where can we find the software for partition? the one on the website 1024.zip is not working

Thanks

Guest Trasheador

I have the clock problem too. In clock app, sometimes the time is right and in the status bar is shown different. Is the time for the clock app stored in a different place than the status bar clock time?

Also, i have the battery draining problems and i believe they may be due to the google+ app, that runs a service to sync.

about the builb.prop editing, just found another reference online

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1151608

try at ur own risk

UPDATE: my own taste

windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=35 <= change to 55 and already see significant improvement on responsiveness

ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1 <= this also get u smoother launcher

mot.proximity.delay=xx <= tried 100 and feels good

UPDATE2: now start playing around the LCD density,

but instead of lowering the value as recommended widely online, shouldn't matching with your screen resolution (~ 252 dpi?) that gives best effect?

Edited by Job21

I have the clock problem too. In clock app, sometimes the time is right and in the status bar is shown different. Is the time for the clock app stored in a different place than the status bar clock time?

Also, i have the battery draining problems and i believe they may be due to the google+ app, that runs a service to sync.

for clock issue, leave the phone mode in 3G for a minute or 2 (no data is needed) and it should work well

Guest voyteckst

I managed to get connected to AGPS within seconds but coarse GPS it takes, somewhere in between one hour and one hour and a half, to connect. It's annoying.

I bought licence for SYGIC(offline navigator with offline maps) but I can't use it because it takes so long to connect to GPS. I tried GPS fix app, but doesn't fix the problem. My simcard doesn't have a data plan.

I have a old Sonny Ericsson Xperia X1 and it connects to GPS in less than 2 min.

Little tip for Sygic (sometimes needed). Go to Sygic settings, turn off GPS, turn on. But for fix You have to wait like on WM (it worked very fast on beta 2).

Edited by voyteckst

Guest synescu

anyone tried this GingerBread 2.3.4 Jet BETA 2? works well enough but wifi does not work and the phone has no signal

Edited by synescu

Guest alabama20

anyone tried this GingerBread 2.3.4 Jet BETA 2? works well enough but wifi does not work and the phone has no signal

I already tried it but it's very slow and a lot of hardware doesn't work... I think this is related to drivers... Anyways i'll wait till the froyo project ends because rather a fully working Android than an unstable one...

Edited by alabama20

Little tip for Sygic (sometimes needed). Go to Sygic settings, turn off GPS, turn on. But for fix You have to wait like on WM (it worked very fast on beta 2).

Thank you for your reply. I like beta 3 otherwise. You did a great job and improved a lot android froyo on our omnia 2 i8000.biggrin.gif

Yes you are right with beta 2 . I remember it worked really fast. The only downside of beta too was very unreliable phone signal, otherwise great.

I tried the trick with on and off gps in settings of Sygic but no improvement.

I already tried it but it's very slow and a lot of hardware doesn't work... I think this is related to drivers... Anyways i'll wait till the froyo project ends because rather a fully working Android than an unstable one...

Yes you are right , better a fully working and stable.

Guest alabama20

Yes, in beta 2 it was so faaaaast because we used other phone part... am i right? Back then my O2 was able to read contacts from the simcard, the GPS fixed in a few seconds... And now with i8000 phone part the GPS fix is like in Winmo and my O2 doesn't read the contacts from the sim card :(

Yes, in beta 2 it was so faaaaast because we used other phone part... am i right? Back then my O2 was able to read contacts from the simcard, the GPS fixed in a few seconds... And now with i8000 phone part the GPS fix is like in Winmo and my O2 doesn't read the contacts from the sim card :(

I think that should be phone JA1 (looked around the net and phone JA3 / JB2 / JD1 / JF1 are all have good comment)

if someone wants to try, I think he/she can do via. ubuntu or root explorer

Hi Voyteckst, could you pls advise if the phone part could be replaced just copy/ paste or also need script editing?

Edited by Job21

Thank you for your reply. I like beta 3 otherwise. You did a great job and improved a lot android froyo on our omnia 2 i8000.biggrin.gif

Yes you are right with beta 2 . I remember it worked really fast. The only downside of beta too was very unreliable phone signal, otherwise great.

I tried the trick with on and off gps in settings of Sygic but no improvement.

i am using beta3 with beta 2 zimage and still using call light application and ext3 format system

it is more faster and more free ram and more battery life and no heat

Edited by ASIDER

I confirm that letting my omnia go to autosleep my battery lasts longer. I tested it last night and it go down by only 10% for 10 hours. It usually went about 40%-50% down.

Guest erikcas
everyone who might know:replacing /sd with /sd frome froyo beta2 that will change the phone part?

No it will not. It is the way it is loaded by the dpram module.

everyone who might know:replacing /sd with /sd from froyo beta2 that will change the phone part?

I'm trying on JB2 (not only phone part, but also the modem.bin file should be changed)

UPDATE

copying seems doesn't work but /

replacing file is OK (e.g. renaming phone...JB2.bin => .... JJ1.bin)

Bt lib seems linking w/ phone part,so changing to jb2 costs me the bt connection

PS 1 finding during trial of JB2 pushing, at initial lock screen, the time is same as on the alert bar (both ahead 8hrs, then behind 8hrs, but at least they sync)

unlike in JJ1, alert bar is -8 hrs while lock screen is +8 hrs

Edited by Job21

Guest matriX1218

@ Devs n ERIK

On Project Jetdroid where Gingerbread Beta3 is available...

The person who created it, Carlos_Manuel, is willing to help to create the same for GT-I8000 also...

On project site http://www.jetdroid.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=1021 he wrote "P.S. I can edit beta 2 for GT-I8000 if anyone want it!"

Whether the devs are in touch with him???

Guest erikcas

That would be dpram.ko in / modules?guess it's not enough replacing these files

If you want to expiriment please go and try. And learn from it. If you don't want to learn please stick to the mainstream and wait for devs to solve it.

Guest voyteckst

@ Devs n ERIK

On Project Jetdroid where Gingerbread Beta3 is available...

The person who created it, Carlos_Manuel, is willing to help to create the same for GT-I8000 also...

On project site http://www.jetdroid....php?f=61&t=1021 he wrote "P.S. I can edit beta 2 for GT-I8000 if anyone want it!"

Whether the devs are in touch with him???

It won't work smooth without proper graphic drivers which are not ready yet. It's copied from samdroid and it's not a problem to run it (actually You can do it very easily). BUT do You want stable one or the newest but not fully working?

Last but not least: You can test/make it Yourself and it will be Your contribution to the community.

That would be dpram.ko in / modules?guess it's not enough replacing these files

Just look at beta2 to beta3 update and You will know differences. Additionally You won't have IMEI and will probably have problems with neighbouring cells for GSM.

Edited by voyteckst

Guest antonio junior

Voyteckst, could launch the updates that way? if possible.

launch "Terminal Emulator" (that's in devtools);

su

cd /sdcard

sh frbupdate.sh

coming does not work by putting the files on internal memory and haret.exe.

And so it is not complicated and works without problem. equal to the post of this pag.

http://windows.modac...10/page__st__20

Edited by antonio junior