[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

I don't know, what is configuration of your router, if router have ip 192.168.1.1, that you must to insert in static wifi> IP 192.168.1.x x is another with 1 and in range 2..255, subnet mask> 255.255.255.0, gateway>192.168.1.1 and DNS>192.168.1.1

have you this config?

It was my fault, i missed to set the SubNet mask.

Now it is Working, and this is a good workaround to connect to wifi.

Thanks to everybody!

The clock on the phone is always 1 hour back (with automatic time settings). If i set a different time zone (setting a "wrong" one, considering where i live), time is correct, but when i reboot, clock is again 1 hour back. It is exactly the same problem I had for Beta1, but i never solved...

Edited by zappazz

We are using this froyo version and kernel daily, there are no SOD's and freezes...

understood, maybe I'll just keep it run for a few more days and see

another question, i'm installing the beta2 in my storage (ext4), would it be possible for Froyo to read files in fat32?

I've all my media file in my storage while I don't have a big enough SD card for a transfer at all.

voyteckst: I tried the new zImage to see why i'm stuck on pink screen but I can only see "ANDROID" in the screen and nothing happens (as consolo letters, not as a logo)

I tried almost everything with my partitions but nothing seems to work for me

understood, maybe I'll just keep it run for a few more days and see

another question, i'm installing the beta2 in my storage (ext4), would it be possible for Froyo to read files in fat32?

I've all my media file in my storage while I don't have a big enough SD card for a transfer at all.

Yes, I have My storage ( in FROYO is storage) and SD Card in FROYO as good as in WINMO. But is necessary to seting correct mount partition in init.rc

voyteckst: I tried the new zImage to see why i'm stuck on pink screen but I can only see "ANDROID" in the screen and nothing happens (as consolo letters, not as a logo)

I tried almost everything with my partitions but nothing seems to work for me

same here ,maybe i got the wrong ext4.tar.gz file ,bad luck(my computer always have crc errors when extract files)

i tried to extract the ext4.tar.gz in win7,it comes out a crc error at end

i have download the beta2 zip file twice, maybe i have to try it thirdly :(

Guest shoarmabakpao

same here ,maybe i got the wrong ext4.tar.gz file ,bad luck(my computer always have crc errors when extract files)

i tried to extract the ext4.tar.gz in win7,it comes out a crc error at end

i have download the beta2 zip file twice, maybe i have to try it thirdly :(

Downloading it just takes a sec or 40 =S and they will get more statics xd

Guest hubahubaabhubahubaab

Pink screen disappears after a few seconds, and the Android logo on a black background occasionally blink, and so the system still does not load

what am I doing wrong?

Im have ext4 partition on My Storage

im have startup.txt

Set kernel zImage

Set ramsize 180*1024*1024

Set mtype 1626

Set ramaddr 0x50000000

Set kernelcrc 1

Set CMDLINE "rootdelay=2 root=/dev/mmcblk1p2 init=/init console=ttySAC2,115200"

setbitp 0x7F008808 5 1

pfw 0x7f005800 4 0x3

pfw 0x7f005804 4 0x805

pfw 0x7f005808 4 0x7

pfw 0x7f00580c 4 0x0

pfw 0x7f005828 4 0x11

pfw 0x7f00582c 4 0x80

boot

Guest musicman1982

using the new beta happily

but i found that the home screen is laggy , no matter laucher pro or adw launcher.

Anyone same as me ?

First, THANK DEVS! :) Yes! Me too. Laggy. I use a Kingston 4GB SDHC card (class4 so not slow) I've tried to use with ext2,ext3 (beta1 was so fast with ext2) but no luck. (only rebooting to WM)

Edited by musicman1982

Downloading it just takes a sec or 40 =S and they will get more statics xd

I don't think this is the problem, the error appears because there are some links on the file system that are nor on the package, but will be created later. If you use tar in linux the extracting is correct.

Still I see only Android on my screen...

Question: How does the people that let it to work mae the partitions in my storage? I made through ubuntu two primary partions, one in fat for haret and all the stuff, and the other one in ext4. Therefore the IDs of this partitions are 1 and 2 respectively.

Guest alabama20

It was my fault, i missed to set the SubNet mask.

Now it is Working, and this is a good workaround to connect to wifi.

Thanks to everybody!

I can't get this work... I tried reinstall Adnroid but that doesn't solve anything i am so confused. Have somebody a TP-Link wireless router? I found out that i have dynamic ip so maybe that's the problem?! But it is strange anyway because in eclair and froyo beta 1 the wifi worked well...

Guest shoarmabakpao

But when did you get an error? I do not get errors, the thing is I don't get android to boot, I'm still on pink window

Some person posted a guide on what he did, search this Topic it's somewhere at page 7-9 I think. I followed that one and it worked on the first boot.

Some person posted a guide on what he did, search this Topic it's somewhere at page 7-9 I think. I followed that one and it worked on the first boot.

I already did the same but with my storage instead of SD card, and it didn't worked...

I can't get this work... I tried reinstall Adnroid but that doesn't solve anything i am so confused. Have somebody a TP-Link wireless router? I found out that i have dynamic ip so maybe that's the problem?! But it is strange anyway because in eclair and froyo beta 1 the wifi worked well...

Problem isn't in router, router usualy is set to DHCP, is right.

Problem is in Froyo, start wifi, choose setting wifi, press cubic button and choose advanced setting. Now set to static and insert values for net ( in my post over). good luck

Guest Odysseas07

so we have to put this on startup.txt ???

it necessery ??? i have pink boot screen but i dont have problems.

I havent connected with pc ....

THANKS DEVSSSSSSSSSSSS

Set ramsize 180*1024*1024

Set mtype 1626

Set ramaddr 0x50000000

Set kernelcrc 1

Set CMDLINE "rootdelay=2 root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 init=/init console=ttySAC2,115200"

setbitp 0x7F008808 5 1

pfw 0x7f005800 4 0x3

pfw 0x7f005804 4 0x805

pfw 0x7f005808 4 0x7

pfw 0x7f00580c 4 0x0