[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest Uggaagga

Hi there.

I've read a lot in this thread, not all but a lot :).

I have successfully installed on my internal storage with the guide. The problem I now have is that I can mount my internal storage as /sdcard but it seems that android doesn't recognize any sd card. Is that right or did I miss something? I editet the fstab and init.rc as good as I

could.

Thanks for your help.

Guest Abhiraj4

hey all i have a presentation in 2 days n ill need android with wifi by 2moro fr my presentation......pls help else im likely 2 loose d project.... pls.... i betr beg fr it,..

Guest Abhiraj4

Hi there.

I've read a lot in this thread, not all but a lot :).

I have successfully installed on my internal storage with the guide. The problem I now have is that I can mount my internal storage as /sdcard but it seems that android doesn't recognize any sd card. Is that right or did I miss something? I editet the fstab and init.rc as good as I

could.

Thanks for your help.

hey could u pls share how u did it..... pls m tryin hard 2 gt it done

Guest nikkotsoi

It's wothless, because some part of ram is reserved for virtual machine and even if not shown is available.

BTW. Headset fix will be published up to 30 minutes ;-)

EDIT: Is available.

hello, voyteckst.

Is it difficult to make an option for us to choose the mic using when on phone?

Since after plugging in the headset.The phone automatically disabled the mic of the phone and changed to use the headset 's mic

however, i am using a earphone without mic which i have to remove the earphone everytime i was talking on phone

Thx for your consideration :D

Guest s jithu

hey could u pls share how u did it..... pls m tryin hard 2 gt it done

even i hang uo at andriod on omnia2 loading

only one thing buy trensend sd card atleast class 6 and install automatic installer

works fine every thing i tried yesterday today i thought to install in mystorage

but only one problem for sd card auto installer ( mystorage will not show the whole partition

it show only 533 mb as internal storage

so my advice is purchase atleast 8 gb class 6 0r 10

Guest Abhiraj4

even i hang uo at andriod on omnia2 loading

only one thing buy trensend sd card atleast class 6 and install automatic installer

works fine every thing i tried yesterday today i thought to install in mystorage

but only one problem for sd card auto installer ( mystorage will not show the whole partition

it show only 533 mb as internal storage

so my advice is purchase atleast 8 gb class 6 0r 10

i can understand....bt prob is i always have to keep removing sd so i want android on my storage only... so pls help...

Guest stanleycc

sorry above two posts wer crappy

1-renamed sd_ms.cpio tosp.cpio.gz

2- edited my startup.txt as

Set kernel zImage

Set ramsize 180*1024*1024

Set mtype 1626

Set ramaddr 0x50000000

Set kernelcrc 1

Set CMDLINE "rootdelay=2 root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 init=/init console=ttySAC2,115200 vmalloc=256M"

setbitp 0x7F008808 5 1

pfw 0x7f005800 4 0x3

pfw 0x7f005804 4 0x805

pfw 0x7f005808 4 0x7

pfw 0x7f00580c 4 0x0

pfw 0x7f005828 4 0x11

pfw 0x7f00582c 4 0x80

boot

3- ran androidinstall.exe but it failed again ?? now what todo..... :(

You have make something wrong and didn't read carefully all the steps that all people mentioned and just spam here.

I just PM you if you want my help.

Guest s jithu

i can understand....bt prob is i always have to keep removing sd so i want android on my storage only... so pls help...

what did u mean keep removing sd

andriod will run from sd and winmo from phone when u want andriod run haret from mystorage

and pls dont span here its a great project ( dont make angry to anybody ) plssssss

Guest voyteckst

You have make something wrong and didn't read carefully all the steps that all people mentioned and just spam here.

I just PM you if you want my help.

Actually these informations are in the faq...

PLEASE STOP HELPING PEOPLE WHO ARE TOO LAZY TO READ/SEARCH...

This thread is a big mess and probably 70-80% posts are about installation problem which were solved already...

Edited by voyteckst

Guest marios32

If i start windows haret with headphones plugged in it recognizes them in android but if pull them out, it stays on as if they were still plugged

and if i start haret without headphones plugged in then android refuses to recognize them

this is the only way to get headphones in android.

I checked and all the all the update files were correct.

I run logcat too and i get the same ignoring switch 'h2w' message

any ideas how to fix this ?

Edited by marios32

Guest voyteckst

this is the only way to get headphones in android.

I checked and all the all the update files were correct.

I run logcat too and i get the same ignoring switch 'h2w' message

any ideas how to fix this ?

It works. I put it in/out and still detected.

Guest shoarmabakpao

About the battery consumption, anyone noticed that the CPU is on 100% according to "mini info" and "Android System Info", but i can't find the app which causing it.

For me the battery drained about 26% (total 74% now) in 2 hours and 44 minutes.

I downloaded Mini info. My CPU is on 17.2% and will vary. Lowest I saw aws 11,5% and highest was 70,5% so far. I achieved this by quickly launching market and then the app from the notification bar and then it showed 70,5% and it went quickly down to 15%-20% So this means the app works and it isn't an bug that shows that 100% you see.

Since it states that your CPU is at 100% this could be the problem of the massive battery drain for some people I geuss.

Edited by shoarmabakpao

Guest Kanwar Raj Singh

You haven't try enough. Probably You even haven't read first posts or search this thread...

hey sir i have tried 5times .. it intalls succefully in my storage when i boot with harent in my storage only .. it fails to start and ends up at android for omnia 2 screen only no progreess and in sd card working fine .. in internal memory .. no go..!!! please refer me to the post where i can seek help

Guest PuCiNhOOO

hey sir i have tried 5times .. it intalls succefully in my storage when i boot with harent in my storage only .. it fails to start and ends up at android for omnia 2 screen only no progreess and in sd card working fine .. in internal memory .. no go..!!! please refer me to the post where i can seek help

Page 94 -> http://windows.modac...ost__p__1829477 a little unnofficial gide, that is allright. the difference might be the Gb of space. in the tutorial, the user has an 16Gb device. But is the same, just read 8Gb where is 16Gb.

Good luck, if you need help, just PM me ... It is prety anoying for us when we come to the topic, and we have lots and lots of new pages with a lot of questions that are already solved in FAQ...

Guest antoniorobles99

Hello friends. I have a problem, go perfect, but just no signal appears, IMEI 00000 ... I'm from Argentina, I follow the instructions in the Readme.txt, rename the file cm_o2_update.sh, but no effect, still no signal . Here the frequencies are 850/1900. Anyone have any answer.

I downloaded Mini info. My CPU is on 17.2% and will vary. Lowest I saw aws 11,5% and highest was 70,5% so far. I achieved this by quickly launching market and then the app from the notification bar and then it showed 70,5% and it went quickly down to 15%-20% So this means the app works and it isn't an bug that shows that 100% you see.

Since it states that your CPU is at 100% this could be the problem of the massive battery drain for some people I geuss.

Yes, but do you know why?

What windows version are you using? I know it has nothing to do with android, but maybe there is some hardware state that windows sets which android doesn't like, or i don't know :)

Actually these informations are in the faq...

PLEASE STOP HELPING PEOPLE WHO ARE TOO LAZY TO READ/SEARCH...

This thread is a big mess and probably 70-80% posts are about installation problem which were solved already...

hi voyteckst,so other than a new thread for each new beta release,maybe u or somebody can set a new thread particularly for installation guide and faq.its much easier for everyone to manage.

also,for anyone who want to share their exp of good installation,just be kind to go there and keep the release/bug report thread clean

Sure its not necessary to be u only,maybe i can do the c&p as well,when access to pc tmr

Edited by Job21

Guest 92omnia92

Hello friends. I have a problem, go perfect, but just no signal appears, IMEI 00000 ... I'm from Argentina, I follow the instructions in the Readme.txt, rename the file cm_o2_update.sh, but no effect, still no signal . Here the frequencies are 850/1900. Anyone have any answer.

exactly, me too.

What we can do?

Guest antoniorobles99

exactly, me too.

What we can do?

In the beta 3 had signal, 3g, 2g perfect, but it was terribly slow. so I find it strange that the problem becomes beta 2. We look forward to a solution.

Guest Kamote14

yes, screenshots here :D

ps: i agree with you that a new thread should be started every time a new beta released

post-700111-0-76891300-1322728264_thumb.

post-700111-0-45036900-1322728335_thumb.

too many thread i think is much more complicated,. i think dev team indicates the start page everytime new beta is released,. below is an example..

6436184033_2b1a444109.jpg

regards to everyone.. me i am waiting for the Camera update..