[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest haze028

1. Market (whenever i open it Google maps starts downloading itself. Previously i used to wait for download to finish but i noticed it repeats the same thing so now i kill the download from manage apps n clear data from downloads)

(N i m not able to download certain application from market like the download for certain apps begins n completes as well but they are not installed)

This is the same problem that I am having with the market. Apps will show as starting to download, I can even watch the progress in the notification bar go to 100%, then it disapears and nothing happens. The app has not been downloaded or installed, should I try to watch the progress of the download from within the market, it will give the progress bar saying starting download, then stop and only give me the option to download again (which goes the exact same each time)

Any ideas out there?

Guest haymant

confirmed the battery level is problematic

this pm, strange the battery level is stuck at 50% for hours.

just now, I cannot wake it up, and thought it is SOD, util unplug the battery to reboot and found the battery is 0%.

Edited by haymant

also for me the same problem with battery drain ..., ..

last night , when I go to sleep .., the battery level was 77 % , and in the morning ( 8.30 AM ) .., I discover that I cannot wake up the phone ..., and I remove the battery and then when I turned on .., I discover that battery was 0 % ......,

Now I try to make another fresh installation to see if this happen again or not .

Anyway .., thanks to developers team for this project ...

Guest slemmer87

i've installed many times androidon i8000... i think cyanogen is the best release ever done, so many many thank to all developers, to the team that works for this terminal and to the community that allow this progress with reports and tips.

so after 1 week of test i can report: battery life is short with data connection activated; too many freezes of system that need remove of battery, i think that there's a lack of stabiliy; jack 3,5mm not recognized neither after update; bug of hour, every reboot needs to change hour manually; overclock denied

Edited by slemmer87

Guest vakaloka

Voyteckst, the headphones update is supposed to manage the input of headphones when the phone is started without them plugged?.In my case, the only thing that changes when the phone is loaded with the headphones plugged in the logcat is:

V/HeadsetObserver(2033): Intent.ACTION_HEADSET_PLUG: state: 1 name: h2w mic: 1

and the headphones works perfectly

Then, if I disconnect them the phone doesn't notice anything.

If I load the phone with the headphones unplugged, and then I plug/unplug them whe logcat says;

W/Vold(1922): Ignoring unknown switch 'h2w'

I know there's been quite questions about this(however none is as detailed as this), but what I'm asking is what is the update supposed to do, because I don't know if it's working well on my phone.

Edited by vakaloka

I can't say battery drain is serious for me,but sod did happen more often in cg6,not sure if its too smooth that im not aware of overloading it before screen off

Guest bouboule

I can't say battery drain is serious for me,but sod did happen more often in cg6,not sure if its too smooth that im not aware of overloading it before screen off

battery drain is very important in 3G

In WIfi I can use the phone very very long time

Freeze a lot alone with very little work, reboot Android alone :mellow:

I am very happy and stay on ANdroid, thank all the team

Now i think need to work on stability

Guest voyteckst

Generally SOD should not happen. Fot this is responsible probably camera driver which is mostly a reverse enginering. We are thinking about new driver.

Guest ralph760

not necessary in my case,mtp of either sd or storage also work.

Key is if u got latest usb driver of samdroid in pc.Google it

Do u have any idea HOW TO DO THE IMEI NUMBER? I did search on google... i have no idea. Appreciate for ur helping hand....

Guest Abhiraj4

i like this keylayout

can you please describe how this works???

EDIT- i tried it but nt satisfyed......... anything else

Edited by Abhiraj4

Guest voyteckst

can you please describe how this works???

EDIT- i tried it but nt satisfyed......... anything else

Make it Yourself. It does not require any programming skills, because it's normal text file.

Guest akamel88

finally my installation to my storage is perfect now i can see mystorage as the sdcard and here what worked with me

make sure the line in vold.fstab is like this as in faq its without /mnt

dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard auto /devices/platform/s3c-sdhci.1/mmc_host/mmc1

i hope this help

Guest marios32

Voyteckst, the headphones update is supposed to manage the input of headphones when the phone is started without them plugged?.In my case, the only thing that changes when the phone is loaded with the headphones plugged in the logcat is:

and the headphones works perfectly

Then, if I disconnect them the phone doesn't notice anything.

If I load the phone with the headphones unplugged, and then I plug/unplug them whe logcat says;

I know there's been quite questions about this(however none is as detailed as this), but what I'm asking is what is the update supposed to do, because I don't know if it's working well on my phone.

It didn't work on my phone either and i had to replace the file manually via Ubuntu.

Headphones work now, but phone is not recognized after that! USB only charges it. I confirmed this by reproducing it (clean reinstall many times).

Every time i replace the correct file via Ubuntu(root nautilus) phone looses the ability to be recognized(mass storage and debugging)

Edited by marios32

Guest marisaleh

A quick update on Battery,

My installation of CM on MyStorage is still running smoothly

No SODs no self reboot, In fact very stable everything works

I updated the Market App manually, new version works perfect.

Battery charging, discharging perfectly. With the Phone in standby,

Battery drainage is now less than 1% every hour, and this is with

Data connection, Auto Sync enabled.

I will monitor with all connections disabled and report back.

One thing I found with my Phone and that is I can't use Tethering,

I tried both USB and Wi-Fi, It doesn't seem to work.

It will be fantastic Voyteckst, If we can get Tethering working,

you can then use the phone as a Wi-Fi hotspot. Mind you some

mobile phone carriers may not allow it, I don't know.

Just wondering if anybody has had a go.

By the way, the phone is currently charging from USB, It has

reached 99% and now stopped charging, kind of cut off limit.

Edited by marisaleh

A quick update on Battery,

My installation of CM on MyStorage is still running smoothly

No SODs no self reboot, In fact very stable everything works

I updated the Market App manually, new version works perfect.

Battery charging, discharging perfectly. With the Phone in standby,

Battery drainage is now less than 1% every hour, and this is with

Data connection, Auto Sync enabled.

I will monitor with all connections disabled and report back.

One thing I found with my Phone and that is I can't use Tethering,

I tried both USB and Wi-Fi, It doesn't seem to work.

It will be fantastic Voyteckst, If we can get Tethering working,

you can then use the phone as a Wi-Fi hotspot. Mind you some

mobile phone carriers may not allow it, I don't know.

Just wondering if anybody has had a go

you do not have any battery boost program ? as my battery drina with data id 5% and up hr.... (I have 2 mail clinet installed)

how did u upgraded market manually ?

Guest marisaleh

you do not have any battery boost program ? as my battery drina with data id 5% and up hr.... (I have 2 mail clinet installed)

how did u upgraded market manually ?

No battery boost nothing mate, with K9-Mail installed

Just google market update plenty of people will show

you how to download and update.

No battery boost nothing mate, with K9-Mail installed

Just google market update plenty of people will show

you how to download and update.

me2 have k9 (but with exchange is awuful) bu my draining is 1% with no data... i'll gogle for upgrade

BTW are u using 2g or 3G ?

Edited by oronzo

Guest wiifi26

rolleyes.gif good day everybody

i really wanted to try this out on my Omnia 2, but the problem is my internal storage. it is corrupted and i cannot use it (the internal storage dilemma some of us have sad.gif) is there a way that i can install android without the use of my storage and just run it from SD card? thanks for everything

Guest greatwiseone

I've been using the CM beta1 for a day now, and it's quite good. Battery's manageable (based on today's battery drain, I think I can get through a day with the 3G data on/off (rather than on continuously). The headphone jack, wifi, and voice calling are both working fine. I'm really amazed at how much better the CM Beta is, even compared to the pretty good beta 3 before.

hi there

thanks to developer

lastest CyanogenMod beta 1 for i8000 is wonderful

amazing fast and smooth!!

it's like original android phone

many korean love omnia2 android

but phone and 3g is not working on korea omnia2 (sktelecom and kt - wcdma 2100Mhz single band)

(can not detect baseband version)

at previous version, use eclair beta1 param.ko and dpram.ko module -> working phone

but lastest version(cynogenmod) working not at all

and http://o2droid.phj.hu/ , kernel source update is 11/19/2011

i'm get kernel source on svn server(svn://o2droid.phj.hu/kern_2.6.32)

perhaps svn server kernel and module source is lastest source(after december,2011)?

it perhaps it's only can not view lastest(after december,2011) changeset on http://o2droid.phj.hu/?

i hope get lastest(after december,2011) kernel and module source

and i hope cooperation with omnia2 developers

i hope give my android tweak and tweaked kernel source and compile optimzation flags

- it's android on korea omnia2 applied my tweaked android and

tweaked kernel (it's base on CyanogenMod Beta1 Omnia 2 and svn server kernel source)

sorry my bad english

thanks

Edited by kgp700

Guest cxz111222

hi there

thanks for developer

lastest CyanogenMod beta 1 for i8000 is wonderful

amazing fast and smooth!!

it's like original android phone

many korean love omnia2 android

but phone and 3g is not working on korea omnia2 (sktelecom and kt - wcdma 2100Mhz single band)

(can not detect baseband version)

at previous version, use eclair beta1 param.ko and dpram.ko module -> working phone

but lastest version(cynogenmod) working not at all

and http://o2droid.phj.hu/ , kernel source update is 11/19/2011

i'm get kernel source on svn server(svn://o2droid.phj.hu/kern_2.6.32)

perhaps svn server kernel and module source is lastest source(after december,2011)?

it perhaps it's only can not view lastest(after december,2011) changeset on http://o2droid.phj.hu/?

i hope get lastest(after december,2011) kernel and module source

and i hope cooperation with omnia2 developers

i hope give my android tweak and tweaked kernel source and compile optimzation flags

- it's android on korea omnia2 applied my tweaked android and

tweaked kernel (it's base on CyanogenMod Beta1 Omnia 2 and svn server kernel source)

sorry my bad english

thanks

hi!

i am the korea omnia user too,and i want to know whether the CyanogenMod Bete1 works on your device?

Do you know how to make the i8000's android run on the m715 ?i hope you can produce an android rom which suits for m715!At last,i want to know whether you are a chinese?

hi

use sch-m715?

CyanogenMod Beta1 works on m715

but it need some modify system file and modify kernel

and not working some features

not working features on korea omnia2(sch-m715)

- USB Charge / ADB UMS (it's not working since first eclair version, i'm give up, but it works on show omnia2 (sch-m8400))

- Phone and 3G (cause unknown baseband version)

- DMB TV (it's not hopeful)

froyo beta3 is many features working on korea omnia2(it need modify system and kernel too)

(excluded usb charge/adb)

if use modified system and kernel, then froyo beta3 is working phone and 3g perfactly

but too slower than cynogenmod beta

i'm korean

sorry, i don't know chinese language

hi!

i am the korea omnia user too,and i want to know whether the CyanogenMod Bete1 works on your device?

Do you know how to make the i8000's android run on the m715 ?i hope you can produce an android rom which suits for m715!At last,i want to know whether you are a chinese?

Edited by kgp700

Guest Vlad_O2_RO

I have been using all different versions of Android for Omnia 2 here at Modaco (Froyo Beta 1,2,3 and CyanogenMod 6) for several weeks now and I would like to offer a general end-user feedback, from my own point of view.

First of all, my Phone has the latest official ROM installed (with Windows Mobile 6.5.3) as follows :

PDA : I8000NXXJJ1

CSC : I8000PROJJ1

Phone : I8000XXJJ1

The Phone is the 8GB internal storage version and has a SD Card Kingston 2GB non-SDHC, so it's an older version (not that fast - bought about 2 years ago).

First thing I always did, before installing ANY if the Android OS here on this forum, was to RESET My Storage, Format the SD Card and simply RESTORE FACTORY SETTINGS for my phone (or all of them together) just to make sure everything is as clean as possible.

I used both My Storage and SD Card Installations and the differences between the 2 installation methods are not too impressive, My Storage installation offering a bit faster Android and with access to more space for APPS INSTALLs if so is desired.

There are postive and negative aspects to Android usage on Omnia 2 :

POSITIVES :

- much FASTER than Windows OS environment (especially regarding web browsing experience)

- huge differences in regarding available applications (from Android Market)

- much more FUN

- a new and fresh breath of air brought to this old but yet beloved phone

NEGATIVES :

- Complete lack of OS stability : longest period of time without sudden reboots or phone freezing/crashing under Android OS was 21 hours

- Battery super fast drainage which is ruining all the fun (with a full battery while in Windows I was only charging once every 7-9 days, in Android not longer than 1,5 days : 32-38 hours)

- for me, Camera has NEVER worked in any of the Android OS versions, as well as ANY software related to Camera

- Wallpapers and photos have LOW quality when displayed in Android compared to Windows. Under Android all that crispness and sharpness and clarity of pictures from Windows dissapears!

- Multiple bugs contributing to OS stability loss

In the end, even if the Camera was the only thing that NEVER worked in Android, I choose to go back to Windows simply because of its stability, battery life and image/video clarity.

Android is better than Windows from ALL POINTS of VIEW but not on Omnia 2! I will buy a native Android phone to enjoy it as it deserves!

Best regards and many thanks to the Dev team for the efforts of bringing us something new to enjoy!

Guest Abhiraj4

rolleyes.gif good day everybody

i really wanted to try this out on my Omnia 2, but the problem is my internal storage. it is corrupted and i cannot use it (the internal storage dilemma some of us have sad.gif) is there a way that i can install android without the use of my storage and just run it from SD card? thanks for everything

hey what actually does your internal storage corruption signify........ go to winmo settings->memory settings->my storage...... and if it says my storage is un available then you have a cure for it........ just connect ur phone to pc in mass storage mode (my storage).... and through mini tools format your my storage........ ur done :) if any further prob dont hesitate to ask .......