[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest ASMARTTECHIE

Lol that made my day :D

Resistive into a capacitive... Newbies, newbies... laugh.giflaugh.gif

lololol ! ! thats the last thing anybody should have asked for! ! amazing new heights of noobism!

Guest shoarmabakpao

Mr Voy

Is it possible change our resistive screen to capasitive

No that is impossible. But it may be possible to emulate multi touch on our ressistive screens.

Watch this:

That is done on an resistive HTC windows phone.

This may be possible on our phones aswell but I am not an dev myself. Mabey an dev which has alot more knowledge know if it could be possible to emulate simple multitouch.

Guest erikcas

Lol that made my day :D

Resistive into a capacitive... Newbies, newbies... laugh.giflaugh.gif

lololol ! ! thats the last thing anybody should have asked for! ! amazing new heights of noobism!

Amazing firm language from people I've seen n00b and newbie questions before..

No disrespect to eachother and back on topic I propose

B)

Edited by erikcas

Guest Liroy76

for me it also works fine but at the begining with CM it crashed with some graphic issues and btw corrupted my sdcard.

OMG ... two days ago my sd card broke too...

but - automatic update (put the upd.files on internal storage and run haret) didn't work for me and it seems that the compas is "upside down" in google maps (maybe the reason for bad GPSfix) can anyone confirm that?

Guest moiassar78

hi Voyteckest

thanks for all amazing woryk u did &dev team.i ve 2points to comment

Beside camera is so sluggish I can say that performance is almost equal to many original android(battery drainge to me is fair enough but still need improvement

the 2nd point is about arabic support (btw thanks for adding support) it seems that there s some bugs in writing and reading some letters with numbers ie the no. is inverted in sequance if add with letters so 1234 is shown 4321 and I have lib files which i was using it to add arabic languge in previous versions but just replacing and adding it to lib folder in system causing boot failure

My question what i need to change beside adding and replacing lib files

Thanks in advanced

Edited by moiassar78

Guest WajdiPathwalker

make sure the launch haret.exe with all the necessary files from root of your storage (not inside any folder).or try root explorer.

i did that but the update file won't desappear, renamed it like written in readme me but it still exist, and i can't use the update huh.gif

Edited by WajdiPathwalker

Guest erikcas

i did that but the update file won't desappear, renamed it like written in readme me but it still exist, and i can't use the update huh.gif

It almost sounds to me you are on beta3.

What happens if you rename the file to frb3update.sh ?

BTW are you sure that the filename on the root of your my storage has not changed from cm_o2_update.sh to cm_o2_update.txt?

Edited by erikcas

Guest WajdiPathwalker

It almost sounds to me you are on beta3.

What happens if you rename the file to frb3update.sh ?

BTW are you sure that the filename on the root of your my storage has not changed from cm_o2_update.sh to cm_o2_update.txt?

no i'm working under cyanogen mod and i renamed the file to cm_o2_update.sh... makes me crazy!!!!!

Guest erikcas

no i'm working under cyanogen mod and i renamed the file to cm_o2_update.sh... makes me crazy!!!!!

That didn't answer my last question. After you tried to update, what is the filename on your my storage, cm_o2_update.sh or cm_o2_update.txt (so what is the exact filename AFTER you try to update)

And I asked you to TRY what happens if you rename it to frb3update.sh

I wouldn't let my phone drive me crazy. It is just a phone. I would try a reinstall

Guest WajdiPathwalker

That didn't answer my last question. After you tried to update, what is the filename on your my storage, cm_o2_update.sh or cm_o2_update.txt (so what is the exact filename AFTER you try to update)

And I asked you to TRY what happens if you rename it to frb3update.sh

I wouldn't let my phone drive me crazy. It is just a phone. I would try a reinstall

i tried frb3update.sh, no luck, renamed it to cm_o2_update.sh, runned haret, booted android, then i get back to windows it still exists under the same name same extension :/ i even did a fresh install, no luck could u please help me??! sad.gif

Guest erikcas

i tried frb3update.sh, no luck, renamed it to cm_o2_update.sh, runned haret, booted android, then i get back to windows it still exists under the same name same extension :/ i even did a fresh install, no luck could u please help me??! sad.gif

Wouldn't know, it works with everybody. You seem to be the only one with the problem.

Are you shure you don't put it in a folder on my storage? So not on my device or something, but on your my storage? I remember you told us you couldn't find the file in /storage in Androids file explorer too, am I correct? If so I am pretty sure you don't put the file in the right place.

Renamed it without spaces or anything else?

If you are shure you are doing just as described (rename properly and put on root of my storage) I wouldn't know what to do else

Guest WajdiPathwalker

Wouldn't know, it works with everybody. You seem to be the only one with the problem.

Are you shure you don't put it in a folder on my storage? So not on my device or something, but on your my storage? I remember you told us you couldn't find the file in /storage in Androids file explorer too, am I correct? If so I am pretty sure you don't put the file in the right place.

Renamed it without spaces or anything else?

If you are shure you are doing just as described (rename properly and put on root of my storage) I wouldn't know what to do else

i'm pretty sure i put it in my storage in winmo and renamed it to cm_o2_update.sh i run haret boot andro then i go back to winmo for chekin and it exists there, same problem for the earjack update and kernal one ohmy.gif but thx anyway maybe i'll wait for a new update :)

Guest erikcas

i'm pretty sure i put it in my storage in winmo and renamed it to cm_o2_update.sh i run haret boot andro then i go back to winmo for chekin and it exists there, same problem for the earjack update and kernal one ohmy.gif but thx anyway maybe i'll wait for a new update :)

if you installed android on my storage, see link to manual in second post maybe you should update your vold.fstab or someting.

You are not able to apply future updates on this beta in this way.

Guest WajdiPathwalker

if you installed android on my storage, see link to manual in second post maybe you should update your vold.fstab or someting.

You are not able to apply future updates on this beta in this way.

yes i'm using android on my storage but i don't have ubunto, could u upload the updated vold.fstab from ur phone please, i will copy it to my phone

Guest Nelson Neoh

yes i'm using android on my storage but i don't have ubunto, could u upload the updated vold.fstab from ur phone please, i will copy it to my phone

The most easiest way is to get an Ubuntu and perform a direct copy files from the patch into same location in your ext4.

Or an workaround is to extract the patch files in your Windows, copy into your SD, then using Android terminal service's su command to make the patch manually. It's just a file overwriting process, just a basic knowledge of Linux is required. The file system path for patches is already shown in the downloaded patch file.

If you tend to use Android phone, it's always good idea to know some basic of Linux commands.

Guest wakakakaka

first off thx loads dev for the effort, juz love the new CM7 build

i manually install android on my storage card, basically untar the whole thing in ubuntu and then boot it by haret, everything works fine

except that the system doesn't seem to recognise the swap partition (the swap partition is there, i made it by gpart in linux)

juz wanna know is that any file i need to modify to let the phone know there is a swap partition if i'm not using the automatic installer?

(and one more thing, the automatic installer fail in my phone as it always cannot mount the ext4 partition, anyone knows what the problem is?)

great thx everyone!

Guest genexide

@ wakakaka

you need this for android to detect swap

sudo touch /media/system/system/etc/fstab

sudo chmod 666 /media/system/system/etc/fstab

sudo echo /dev/block/mmcblk1p3 swap swap defaults 0 0 > /media/system/system/etc/fstab

Guest coolmast3r

I had the same problem. My solution was:

1. Install & run Android Terminal Emulator (You can download it from the Market--it is FREE.)

2. Login as root ( type su & enter)

3. Move the update files (in my case it was cm_o2_update.sh and cm_02_update.tar.gz, both was originally from /sdcard) to /storage

4. Reboot & run haret.exe. Now check the /storage folder (again using the Terminal emulator). You can see only cm_o2_update.txt in there. That means your phone is successfully updated.

5. Exit Terminal emulator by typing exit. (1 or 2 times) .

good luck.