[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest Abhiraj4

My beta 3 doesnt read any music from /storage folder ( ie the partition we created as sdcard)....

My SD is full and has no space .... i need my player to read music from that folder . :'( :(

PLS HELP!!!!!!

Edited by Abhiraj4

Guest Nelson Neoh

My beta 3 doesnt read any music from /storage folder ( ie the partition we created as sdcard)....

My SD is full and has no space .... i need my player to read music from that folder . :'( :(

PLS HELP!!!!!!

This threat is for ROM only, pls dont mess up here.

Yours is an App level problem.

You can find a correct board to raise your question or ask Google.

Guest Nelson Neoh

Just noticed a problem: sdcard can't remount after unmount.

Since today I didn't bring along my USB cable, I tried to unmount the sdcard and transfer some data from PC to it, so I could view in my phone.

I tried to remount both in System Settings and Terminal command, both failed.

The System Settings says The SDcard is safe to move, It is no data in it. (Which I think is a wrong error message).

From Terminal, I used mount command as usual, but this time it says I/O error.

After reboot, everything back to normal.

Guest nikkotsoi

Just noticed a problem: sdcard can't remount after unmount.

Since today I didn't bring along my USB cable, I tried to unmount the sdcard and transfer some data from PC to it, so I could view in my phone.

I tried to remount both in System Settings and Terminal command, both failed.

The System Settings says The SDcard is safe to move, It is no data in it. (Which I think is a wrong error message).

From Terminal, I used mount command as usual, but this time it says I/O error.

After reboot, everything back to normal.

normally, when you use usb, it will automatically unmount ur SD when you turn on usb mode

It will remount again after you use it

try if there is any mounitng error for USB

Guest Abhiraj4

This threat is for ROM only, pls dont mess up here.

Yours is an App level problem.

You can find a correct board to raise your question or ask Google.

sorry but i expected solution not at app level...... as we mounted sdcard to /storage which the music player doesnt detect....... i wanted some trick so that we could mount it to some folder which music player would detect........

My mistake....my lang wasnt clear.......... hope now its clear and you give me a proper solution.......

Guest WajdiPathwalker

I had the same problem. My solution was:

1. Install & run Android Terminal Emulator (You can download it from the Market--it is FREE.)

2. Login as root ( type su & enter)

3. Move the update files (in my case it was cm_o2_update.sh and cm_02_update.tar.gz, both was originally from /sdcard) to /storage

4. Reboot & run haret.exe. Now check the /storage folder (again using the Terminal emulator). You can see only cm_o2_update.txt in there. That means your phone is successfully updated.

5. Exit Terminal emulator by typing exit. (1 or 2 times) .

good luck.

thx man but can you be more specific?? i don't know how to use terminal emulator i typed su (tells me acces granted.. then what should i do??) and how to chek my storage with emulator??)

Guest voyteckst

thx man but can you be more specific?? i don't know how to use terminal emulator i typed su (tells me acces granted.. then what should i do??) and how to chek my storage with emulator??)

If You have read first post there is written clearly: it's not a linux help forum. Search google, think, try and You will succeed.

Can confirm this. USB is not working, only charging

A second rather nasty problem occurred to me now many times:

When the screen is switched off due to time out or I switched it off with the end button and it is off for a longer period of time (exactly duration not reproducible) the device does not wake up any more regardless which button I press (normaly the end button) and I have to pull out the battery.

Does anybody else encounter this issue?

Headphones work now, but phone is not recognized after that! USB only charges it. I confirmed this by reproducing it (clean reinstall many times).

Every time i replace the correct file via Ubuntu(root nautilus) phone looses the ability to be recognized(mass storage and debugging)

Guest lotuxete

When the screen is switched off due to time out or I switched it off with the end button and it is off for a longer period of time (exactly duration not reproducible) the device does not wake up any more regardless which button I press (normaly the end button) and I have to pull out the battery.

USB is working fine to me. Both Windows and Ubuntu recognise the phone as USB Mass Storage. I can transfer files, synchronise contacts, etc.

I've using CM for days and I haven't notice any SOD. Everything is working like a charm.

Bye.

PD: I'm still missing Fm Radio.

Someone posted in an earlier message (on this thread) that it was taking 2 minutes and 50 odd seconds to start CM6 Beta 1 from Haret to Lock Screen.

Just for comparison, I get 1 minute and 35 seconds (class 6 SD card install) from clicking on Haret until the Lock Screen is first seen.

Regarding the camera, add me to the list of people for who it doesn't work (I get Forced Close). When I first installed clean, it was working (button did not work, but the camera could be started from shortcut, or gallery). Now that I have installed additional apps (nothing unusual; angry birds, gmail and a couple of other things) it no longer works. The device can see the SD card and the Internal Storage OK. I might have to try uninstalling stuff again and see if the situation changes, otherwise I'm not sure what could have made it stop working.

Good job on CM6b1 devs. Thanks.

Edited by F53

USB is working fine to me. Both Windows and Ubuntu recognise the phone as USB Mass Storage. I can transfer files, synchronise contacts, etc.

I've using CM for days and I haven't notice any SOD. Everything is working like a charm.

Fine for you, but your reply does not help me at all.

USB worked for me fine with beta 3, but now it's gone. I already reinstalled the driver on my Windows PC, but w/o effect.

Mario32 has this issue too and it seems to be related to the head set.

And I experienced SODs four times only today!

I would be glad if anybody can give me a hint how to analyze the situation, log files etc.

I can not actually start debugging since I do not have much knowledge with Linux and now installation of it.

Edited by Mizar

Additional problem: The market does not recognize my phone anymore, i.e., my account does not show a related device and, thus, I am not able to load apps because of alleged incompatibility.

Guest nikkotsoi

This post is going crazy

people don't read and keep asking

sorry but i expected solution not at app level...... as we mounted sdcard to /storage which the music player doesnt detect....... i wanted some trick so that we could mount it to some folder which music player would detect........

My mistake....my lang wasnt clear.......... hope now its clear and you give me a proper solution.......

i have posted the mort player with the market link to you

could you please give a try?:angry:

Guest WajdiPathwalker

If You have read first post there is written clearly: it's not a linux help forum. Search google, think, try and You will succeed.

sorry for that bro but looks like coolmast3r's method worked for me :D thanks man, i 've updated the earjack problem, but when it comes to jj1 network fix, after making the update, android stops recognising my sim card, no network and no sim, tried to apply the update to get back to normal mode, but no luck. is there a way to fix this?? i think the solution for my network is in jj1 script, but it blocks me from accessing to sim card

ps: it doesn't tell me no sim card just no network, when i try to access to sim card, well it just desappeared any body help me please??

Edited by WajdiPathwalker

Guest marios32

Fine for you, but your reply does not help me at all.

USB worked for me fine with beta 3, but now it's gone. I already reinstalled the driver on my Windows PC, but w/o effect.

Mario32 has this issue too and it seems to be related to the head set.

And I experienced SODs four times only today!

I would be glad if anybody can give me a hint how to analyze the situation, log files etc.

I can not actually start debugging since I do not have much knowledge with Linux and now installation of it.

Today i got home and i don't know how or why but the phone got recognized.

I am genuinely confused. I did not change a thing, so sadly i can't tell you how to fix it. (Perhaps a lot of restarts, both phone and pc :unsure:)

Hi, i have a problem with installaction of CM-B1 on my Omnia2 i8000 8GB.

I've tried to install on both external memory (4GB class 4 sd card) and internal memory but every time Android freeze on "Android on Omnia II Loading.." or "O2DROID" screen. Reboot doesn't work. I've already read few first pages of this tread, all posts from 161 page and also README, tried all installation guide (automatic and manual) which I've found in this tread.

Right now I have 3 primary partition on internal storage - FAT32 (6647MB), EXT4 (1536MB), swap (249MB) created using this guide: http://windows.modac...y-using-ubuntu/

I've tried mmcblk0p1 and 1p1 and couple of other options in init.rc, vold.fstab, fstab, startup.txt files. When I have mmcblk1p2 (my ext4) the screen freez on "Android on Omnia II Loading.." when I change to mmcblk0p2 it freez on "O2DROID" screen... After two whole days of instaling, removing partitions and changing options i have enough. I've tried to install and boot up Android on my phone over 20 times... I was waiting on the freezed screen 15-60 minutes before reboot.

My startup.txt file looks like this:

Set kernel zImage

Set ramsize 180*1024*1024

Set mtype 1626

Set ramaddr 0x50000000

Set kernelcrc 1

Set CMDLINE "rootdelay=2 root=/dev/mmcblk1p2 init=/init console=ttySAC2,115200 vmalloc=256M"

setbitp 0x7F008808 5 1

pfw 0x7f005800 4 0x3

pfw 0x7f005804 4 0x805

pfw 0x7f005808 4 0x7

pfw 0x7f00580c 4 0x0

pfw 0x7f005828 4 0x11

pfw 0x7f00582c 4 0x80

boot
My fstab file:
/dev/block/mmcblk1p3 swap swap defaults 0 0
In my vold.fstab file is:
dev_mount sdcard /sdcard auto /devices/platform/s3c-sdhci.1/mmc_host/mmc1
In my init.rc file is:
mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 /storage

I do not use SD card and now only try to install on internal storage.

Froyo Beta 3 also doesn't work...

I don't have "pink screen" during automatic or manual installation.

During automatic installation on internal storage screen freeze on "Checking for external SD".

During automatic installation on external storage screen freeze on "O2DROID" screen.

Please help me...

I have Win7 x64 + VirtualBOX + ubuntu server + LXDE + gparted and gnome_disc_utility.

I allways use "Safely remove device" option in ubuntu & windows before plug out usb cable.

I was dealing with Android on my previous HTC G1 and HTC Touch Pro 2 and haven't this problem...

btw. I know my english is not so good ;)

Edited by Kociak

Guest moiassar78

hi Kociak

first make sure that u format ur storage as 3 primary partitions fat32,ext4 and linus swap using gparted

if u donot use sdcard ur file should be

in init.rc mountvfat......./mmcblk0p1/storage

in startup root ......./mmcblk0p2

in fstab mmcblk0p3

in vold.fstab s3c....sdhci0/mmc0

it wil work

thanks for you reply moiassar78.

After I erased partition table I've created new one with 3 primary partitions - Fat32, ETX4 and swap using gparted (This time: 6687 - FAT32, 1024 - EXT4, 128MB - swap). I've unpacked ext4.tar.gz to ext4 partition, make changes in all files like you wrote and still stuck on "O2DROID" screen. I waited 15-20 minutes and then reboot and again executed haret.exe. After second restart I've tried with other options and still stuck on "O2DROID" screen... maybe my omnia is broken...

After last reboot and waiting on freezed "O2DROID" screen vertical and horizontal colorful lines showed up (the last options I've tied was the original line in vold.fstab with zeros) after 5 minutes it changed to vertical colorful lines and colorful pixels all over the screen and the "O2DROID" screen almost disappeared. I rebooted two times with every changes I've made to be sure it really doesn't work.

Edited by Kociak

Guest ralph760

off for a longer period of time (exactly duration not reproducible) the device does not wake up any more

I have the same of this problem. I need to pull my battery back n reboot the system.