[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest Nelson Neoh

thanks for you reply moiassar78.

After I erased partition table I've created new one with 3 primary partitions - Fat32, ETX4 and swap using gparted (This time: 6687 - FAT32, 1024 - EXT4, 128MB - swap). I've unpacked ext4.tar.gz to ext4 partition, make changes in all files like you wrote and still stuck on "O2DROID" screen. I waited 15-20 minutes and then reboot and again executed haret.exe. After second restart I've tried with other options and still stuck on "O2DROID" screen... maybe my omnia is broken...

After last reboot and waiting on freezed "O2DROID" screen vertical and horizontal colorful lines showed up (the last options I've tied was the original line in vold.fstab with zeros) after 5 minutes it changed to vertical colorful lines and colorful pixels all over the screen and the "O2DROID" screen almost disappeared. I rebooted two times with every changes I've made to be sure it really doesn't work.

Believed is the partition ID (mmcblkxpx) used is wrong.

Suggest you can check again on the partition ID with GPart (the number of the partition). And make sure all the partitions you have are PRIMARY Partitions not EXTENDED Partitions.

For sure, your boot partition is start with mmcblk1 since you have SD card as per you mentioned.

Note: mmcblk0 = SDcard, mmcblk1 = Storage, p = partition; the last digit is your partition number.

off for a longer period of time (exactly duration not reproducible) the device does not wake up any more

I have the same of this problem. I need to pull my battery back n reboot the system.

I have this problem in earlier release. After a few checking, found mostly was caused by application installed, especially those resists in memory, for example Talkbox and similar.

You can confirm on this if:

1. when it goes dead, the phone is not feeling worm on its body or screen.

2. everytime you press end button to bring on the phone, it takes time over 2 sec.

Hope this help.

Guest Nelson Neoh

normally, when you use usb, it will automatically unmount ur SD when you turn on usb mode

It will remount again after you use it

try if there is any mounitng error for USB

Hi nikkotsoi,

Thanks for replying but you are not getting my actual problem.

When I taken out the sdcard (in proper procedures), and try to place it back to work (proper procedures too), it is not able to read/mount.

My Android was installed in Storage.

Anyone herein has same problem?

Note: mmcblk0 = SDcard, mmcblk1 = Storage, p = partition; the last digit is your partition number.

This is only true if the SD card is inserted during boot. If it is not, Storage will always be mmcblk0

My beta 3 doesnt read any music from /storage folder ( ie the partition we created as sdcard)....

My SD is full and has no space .... i need my player to read music from that folder . :'( :(

PLS HELP!!!!!!

For those who have a small memory slot and would like to be under SD was seen in Froyo My Storage.

By some arbitrary file manager (eg the built-in) edit the file init.rc located in the root directory of the Android.

Init.tc open file as a text file.

In line number 18 is:

EXTERNAL_STORAGE export /mnt/sdcard

exchange for a

EXTERNAL_STORAGE export /storage

Save the changes, or when leaving the store the editable file.

Android restart and look forward into the SD card contents of my memory.

This operation gives no possibility of physical handles to a FAT32 partition on the SD card, we have access only to my storage.

Sorry for my English.

Edited by con73

Guest ralph760

@erikcas...

hallo...

Here to share an incident. At first i not sure what the meaning of WCDMA 1900 (It's 3G connection setting right, but in network setting only show 'use 2G only', no different for me after tick or untick), so i try to apply the update via terminal emulator. (via su command)

But this action actually spoil the CyanogenMod on my phone. After i reboot, there is not network connect (no signal). Even I try to apply the i65 update, it mention that

'' cp can't stat /system .... /libsec-ril.so.i65 no such file or directory to be found''

Is this mean that the i65(back to 65 update) doesn't work?

Guest voyteckst

@erikcas...

hallo...

Here to share an incident. At first i not sure what the meaning of WCDMA 1900 (It's 3G connection setting right, but in network setting only show 'use 2G only', no different for me after tick or untick), so i try to apply the update via terminal emulator. (via su command)

But this action actually spoil the CyanogenMod on my phone. After i reboot, there is not network connect (no signal). Even I try to apply the i65 update, it mention that

'' cp can't stat /system .... /libsec-ril.so.i65 no such file or directory to be found''

Is this mean that the i65(back to 65 update) doesn't work?

There's error in script.

Guest moiassar78

HI Kociak

Actually i ve my storage autoinstaller which was uploaded from modefied voyteckst rom in other forums if it is allowed to me to add this link i will upload the link for all who wants my storage autoinstaller

Hi moiassar78

I would be very thankful for your link. Below I've attached my answer to previous posts.

gparted tells me that I've Samsung Omnia as 'sdb' device and on this i have three PRIMARY partitions. sdb1 6.53GiB - fat32 mount in /media/sdcard, sdb2 1.00GiB - etx4 mount in /media/system, sdb3 linux-swap 128MiB. I don't have extended (and logical) partitions on Omnia, even in my computer i do only primary partitions (on ubuntu and windows systems).

I've tried with different options eg. mmkblk0p1, mmkblk0p2, mmcblk0p3, ~1p1, ~1p2, ~1p3, even with 5 & 6 (which are logical partitions number too - i don't have them but i've tried with those options too) in startup.txt and the other files. Since yesterday post i've reboot my omnia over another 20 times (I've become quite skillfull with manual installation & making changes in files) with different options... still not good. Few times I've tried different zImage and haret.exe and still failed.

I don't have SD card installed in my omnia (so in startup.txt file should be mmcblk0p2 option). The installation didn't work on sd card so i'm tring now only on internal storage. Maybe there is another option which cause problem in my case? Maybe WinMO cause the problem?

I've really tried manual&automatic installation from few guides step by step doing EXACTLY what is wrote there. And if i don't know something, first of all i'm tring to find it on forum or by google, and this is first time EVER i had to post my problem on forum... (i'm in computers over 14 years and there was always solutions to any problems i've had...)

P.S.

During automatic installation I saw on screen that I've 3 partitions with number 1-fat32, 2-etx4 and 3-swap.

And by writing "the screen freez" i mean the O2DROID animation stops.

With those lines in fstab & vold.fstab files:

/dev/mmcblk0p3 swap swap defaults 0 0 
 dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard auto /devices/platform/s3c-sdhci.0/mmc_host/mmc0 
the android freeze on "Welcome to GT-I8000" screen and i can't do nothing more than reboot. "Emergency call", "Change language" and Android icon doesn't react on touching. With deleted '/block/' in init.rc android freeze on "O2DROID" screen. Backed to the original init.rc and changed in vold.fstab to:
dev_mount sdcard /sdcard auto /devices/platform/s3c-sdhci.1/mmc_host/mmc1

Removing fstab file doesn't work either... screen freeze on "Welcome to GT-I8000".

I have this problem in earlier release. After a few checking, found mostly was caused by application installed, especially those resists in memory, for example Talkbox and similar.

You can confirm on this if:

1. when it goes dead, the phone is not feeling worm on its body or screen.

2. everytime you press end button to bring on the phone, it takes time over 2 sec.

It is not feeling warm and there is also no abnormal battery consumption.

Pressing the end button it sometimes wakes up immediatelly, sometimes with delay (or not at all :angry:).

It happens also after a fresh reboot. No other application run persistently other than the phone and Launcher Pro, talking of applications and services. About the processes I cannot tell what is necessary.

I have no widgets running other than the analog clock.

To my understanding, installed apps should do no harm when not running, do they?

Edited by Mizar

Guest Abhiraj4

For those who have a small memory slot and would like to be under SD was seen in Froyo My Storage.

By some arbitrary file manager (eg the built-in) edit the file init.rc located in the root directory of the Android.

Init.tc open file as a text file.

In line number 18 is:

EXTERNAL_STORAGE export /mnt/sdcard

exchange for a

EXTERNAL_STORAGE export /storage

Save the changes, or when leaving the store the editable file.

Android restart and look forward into the SD card contents of my memory.

This operation gives no possibility of physical handles to a FAT32 partition on the SD card, we have access only to my storage.

Sorry for my English.

thanks..... so will this mount my sdcard in /storage???

Guest Kannan Ramaswamy

Thank you Dev Team.

CM6 works great both with sd and internal storage installations.

can Omnia II run CM7 in the near future and gingerbread looks to be imminent as it is ported to Jet.

Regards and Wishes

off for a longer period of time (exactly duration not reproducible) the device does not wake up any more

I have the same of this problem. I need to pull my battery back n reboot the system.

Same problem here... Impossible to reproduct cause of not waking up... CPU Tuner SEEM to agravate it, but could be sure...

I do not use SD card and now only try to install on internal storage.

Froyo Beta 3 also doesn't work...

Ok, you don't use SD Card, but did you left it on the slot? Without the SDCard on the slot it won't work...

Guest antonio junior

I found an application to set the fastest in gps says especifacões own unique galaxy spica for, the name is Spica QBANIN GPSfix, I tested and improved a lot to fix the GPS about few seconds maximum. Here is the link for those who want to test it.

Run this application when you can't get GPS Fix normally. Wait for "GPS fixed" dialog (approx. 30 sec), and start you GPS application again.THIS APPLICATION IS FOR SAMSUNG GALAXY SPICA I5700 ONLY

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GSR6N6YG

Edited by antonio junior

Guest moiassar78

Hi moiassar78

I would be very thankful for your link. Below I've attached my answer to previous posts.

gparted tells me that I've Samsung Omnia as 'sdb' device and on this i have three PRIMARY partitions. sdb1 6.53GiB - fat32 mount in /media/sdcard, sdb2 1.00GiB - etx4 mount in /media/system, sdb3 linux-swap 128MiB. I don't have extended (and logical) partitions on Omnia, even in my computer i do only primary partitions (on ubuntu and windows systems).

I've tried with different options eg. mmkblk0p1, mmkblk0p2, mmcblk0p3, ~1p1, ~1p2, ~1p3, even with 5 & 6 (which are logical partitions number too - i don't have them but i've tried with those options too) in startup.txt and the other files. Since yesterday post i've reboot my omnia over another 20 times (I've become quite skillfull with manual installation & making changes in files) with different options... still not good. Few times I've tried different zImage and haret.exe and still failed.

I don't have SD card installed in my omnia (so in startup.txt file should be mmcblk0p2 option). The installation didn't work on sd card so i'm tring now only on internal storage. Maybe there is another option which cause problem in my case? Maybe WinMO cause the problem?

I've really tried manual&automatic installation from few guides step by step doing EXACTLY what is wrote there. And if i don't know something, first of all i'm tring to find it on forum or by google, and this is first time EVER i had to post my problem on forum... (i'm in computers over 14 years and there was always solutions to any problems i've had...)

P.S.

During automatic installation I saw on screen that I've 3 partitions with number 1-fat32, 2-etx4 and 3-swap.

And by writing "the screen freez" i mean the O2DROID animation stops.

With those lines in fstab & vold.fstab files:

/dev/mmcblk0p3 swap swap defaults 0 0 
 dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard auto /devices/platform/s3c-sdhci.0/mmc_host/mmc0 
the android freeze on "Welcome to GT-I8000" screen and i can't do nothing more than reboot. "Emergency call", "Change language" and Android icon doesn't react on touching. With deleted '/block/' in init.rc android freeze on "O2DROID" screen. Backed to the original init.rc and changed in vold.fstab to:
dev_mount sdcard /sdcard auto /devices/platform/s3c-sdhci.1/mmc_host/mmc1

Removing fstab file doesn't work either... screen freeze on "Welcome to GT-I8000".

HERE IS THE LINK just make 3 partiotions in my storage by gparted fat32 ,ext4 and swap

put all files in my storage (the fat32 one ) and run haret from O2 beta folder and i hope it will be ok

btw u can use sd card

http://www.mediafire...87tz1869i9skp23

Edited by moiassar78

Hi , I don't Want Android ... I just Want to Instal /Apk File ... Can it be possible ?

gimme me a break pls, and stop non-sense question

that is just a spam

Guest shoarmabakpao

Hey all. Today I noticed a vibration from my phone while it was in my pocket. Then I checked why it vibrated just once and then I saw it's booting ANDROID with the android logo on it.

It now booted back up. I did enable Compcache and set it to 26% Mabey this made it to reboot? I did reboot self after setting Compcache but now it rebooted by itself that's why I am posting this.

I also found an bug but it is hard to remake. I was in landscape mode on launcherpro (stock launcher for CM beta1) then went into the appdrawer (also in landscape mode) then back and then pressed menu->settings and then it zoomed my background with it's shortcurt to a big zoom and then it kept like that. i pressed the home button but nothing happend. The lock button did lock it but when unlocking it showed my screen was all black except for a small bit above the 3 buttons. It was blue with some tearing on it. I unlocked the phone with the invicible unlock (the unlock thing did not show up so I just did what I would do if it would be there) and it unlocked, made the vibration of that it unlocked but it kept the same. It was all frozen up. I ended up by taking the battery out.

Guest Abhiraj4

no. Storage will be seen as sd card

and what about my external sd..... will it be also there ... i.e. will my music player also detect files from external sd.. ???