[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest voyteckst

and what about my external sd..... will it be also there ... i.e. will my music player also detect files from external sd.. ???

You can modify vold.fstab to mount internal storage into /sdcard and external sd into /sdcard/ext_sd for example. You can also mount it in that way manually.Search google.

Guest voyteckst

one question: our android based largely on the Spica i5700? with some mods!

If so, is it possible to implement the multi-touch function of Spica in the kernel of our Omnia2?

http://forum.samdroi...r-release-1970/

Are You kiddning? It's hardware not software matter... Our screen isn't capable to use multitouch.

Edited by voyteckst

hi Kociak

did ur installation works ok

Hi, it didn't work either... Freeze on O2DROID screen every time. I tried with sdcard inserted to omnia and without it. I think, somethings is wrong with my mobilephone... Thanks for your effort but i'm giving up and will try to make WinMo faster. Maybe when the second beta comes out i will try one more time.

Guest WajdiPathwalker

dear voyteckst, can you u fix the jj1 network script error, that will be great :)

also i wonder if i can port live wallpaper to my phone??! :P (hope i'm not bothering)

Edited by WajdiPathwalker

hi, my phone freezes after i updated cm

i extracted cm_beta1_update1 and cm_o2_app2sd_update.zip, so the names of their files are already cm_o2_update.tar.gz and cm_o2_update.sh

at the beginning i moved it to internal storage but it did not disappear after boot, so i search for solutins in this forum and tried to move the filed with terminal emulator in /storage/, but i havent got the neccerary linux knowledge to type commands :D

however, i decided to move it with terminal in linux with sudo nautilus: i have 4 files: two in internal storage, which is /sdcard/ and two in /storage/

now the issue, i rebooted, started haret.exe and waited..and it freezed at the first boot loge 'Android on Omnia2 loading..' :(

i tried it four, five times, but it freezed each time..can anybody help me? i installed cyanogenmod in internal storage manually

Guest jimbobjimbob

Before I start, I apologise if ths has been answered elsewhere but I couldn't find an answer.

I've managed to install cyanogenmod beta1 onto my omnia 2 and am able to make/receive calls and texts etc. I am also able to connect to the internet through wifi, but cannot seem to use my data plan.

Data is enabled in settings. I've tried turning it on/off, using both 2G and 3G only but nothing seems to work.

Any solution/ideas would be very much appreciated!

... skipped ...

now the issue, i rebooted, started haret.exe and waited..and it freezed at the first boot loge 'Android on Omnia2 loading..' :(

i tried it four, five times, but it freezed each time..can anybody help me? i installed cyanogenmod in internal storage manually

first to ensure ur droid is running properly, before applying the update, since updates is not suppose to overwrite your bootup script

thus, halt at bootup means ur bootup setting is wrong, ensure u got the sd/storage and partition setting all correct

read the faq again

Edited by Job21

Before I start, I apologise if ths has been answered elsewhere but I couldn't find an answer.

I've managed to install cyanogenmod beta1 onto my omnia 2 and am able to make/receive calls and texts etc. I am also able to connect to the internet through wifi, but cannot seem to use my data plan.

Data is enabled in settings. I've tried turning it on/off, using both 2G and 3G only but nothing seems to work.

Any solution/ideas would be very much appreciated!

what frequency you're using? WCDMA 1900? so far such issue happend with 1900 but also a cure / discussion on post 1

no further report of dis-connection on other network, so to the worst, u just re-install CM6

Edited by Job21

Guest WajdiPathwalker

what frequency you're using? WCDMA 1900? so far such issue happend with 1900 but also a cure / discussion on post 1

no further report of dis-connection on other network, so to the worst, u just re-install CM6

voytecks mentionned it in the previous page, there is an error in the network update scripts, hope this will be fixed very soon :D

Guest bouboule

I use Cyanogen since 8 days now and once more the battery is out of order this morning

I go sleep with 97% charge

I wake up. Phone off and when i start it again it was at 4% battery !

No wifi no data. All was off yesterday night.

:blink:

Edited by bouboule

Guest RonLewis

Hi, it didn't work either... Freeze on O2DROID screen every time. I tried with sdcard inserted to omnia and without it. I think, somethings is wrong with my mobilephone... Thanks for your effort but i'm giving up and will try to make WinMo faster. Maybe when the second beta comes out i will try one more time.

Hi,

Just something to keep in mind. In WinMO, make sure you power performance setting is set to AUTO. With my Omnia I8000T, if I set it to anything else but Auto, it fails. Freezes on boot, even on install.

first to ensure ur droid is running properly, before applying the update, since updates is not suppose to overwrite your bootup script

thus, halt at bootup means ur bootup setting is wrong, ensure u got the sd/storage and partition setting all correct

read the faq again

it ran with no problems til i did the update, bootup settings are all okay

maybe it was a mistake to move the files to /storage/ ?

this is my init.rc:

# mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p2 /system/sd

# mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk0p5 /sdcard

chown system system /mnt/sdcard

chmod 0777 /mnt/sdcard

mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p5 /storage

and this i find in /system/loadmod.wm

#!/bin/bash

rm hotplug.txt

if [ -f /storage/cm_o2_update.tar.gz ];

then

# tar xzvf /storage/cm_o2_update.tar.gz

cat /storage/cm_o2_update.tar.gz | tar xzvf -

rm /storage/cm_o2_update.tar.gz

fi

if [ -f /storage/cm_o2_update.sh ];

then

chmod +x /storage/cm_o2_update.sh

/storage/cm_o2_update.sh > /storage/cm_o2_update.txt

rm /storage/cm_o2_update.sh

Guest shoarmabakpao

I use Cyanogen since 8 days now and once more the battery is out of order this morning

I go sleep with 97% charge

I wake up. Phone off and when i start it again it was at 4% battery !

No wifi no data. All was off yesterday night.

:blink:

your cpu must be at 100% some other user had this problem aswell. I had this once too. I do not know why but it happend once to me :( I reinstalled android and it never happend again. Just reboot it and charge it and check if it happens again.

Hi,

Just something to keep in mind. In WinMO, make sure you power performance setting is set to AUTO. With my Omnia I8000T, if I set it to anything else but Auto, it fails. Freezes on boot, even on install.

Hi, thank you very much! That's work! *___* Also I had to change the options in vold.fstab & fstab as I wrote earlier and now i don't have swap but it isn't problem because Android is working *___* tomorrow i will take care of swap and make it useable.

Guest jingang

Use google. It's easy. Or just unpack existing image and You will see how its built.

thanks 'voyteckst

but how to unpack image witn windows xp ?(i failed to install unix on my computer?