[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Simpler than movie step by step from second post? No.

A folk from china forum has created an auto installer to partition swap, ext4 and fat32, you can download from the link below and replace the O2beta folder from voytectst and it will complete the installation for u. Personally i had tried it and i managed to install CM1 into internal storage. Good luck

http://115.com/file/aqov4on1#

×Ô¶¯°²×°¼°·ÖÇøÎļþ.rar

Guest andylau

A folk from china forum has created an auto installer to partition swap, ext4 and fat32, you can download from the link below and replace the O2beta folder from voytectst and it will complete the installation for u. Personally i had tried it and i managed to install CM1 into internal storage. Good luck

http://115.com/file/aqov4on1#

×Ô¶¯°²×°¼°·ÖÇøÎļþ.rar

Yes, just now i tried it and it worked for me well too, thanks ggwfnh!!!

Guest Kannan Ramaswamy

Hi Jithu,

>>> i hop u can provide me th orginal rom

yes, of course, i can help you with the files in case you are stuck.

>>> mine is i8000 kkainu 8gb hope urs too

mine is 8 gb too.

till now, i have installed in 2 sd cards and also in the internal storage, once i understood the simple procedures for automatic installation to which

i have referred to in an earlier post.

please let me know how i can help yourself, either by sharing the steps or point to files and the order.

**** Please check the post in the same page about an automatic installer from a china forum, which should be just above this...********

Regards and Best Wishes

Kannan

@kannan ramasawamy

if im not wrong ur from india i hop u can provide me th orginal rom mine is i8000 kkainu 8gb hope urs too

can u provide me all 4 files to flash i lost my network signal

Edited by Kannan Ramaswamy

Guest Kannan Ramaswamy

hi there,

page 1 describes everything, so why look further,

Regards

hello can anyone tell me how to make my phone being detected by pc?? it's only in charging mode :/ (sorry for my b.e)

Guest Arm2010

I have installed CM1 on 16GB SdCard using auto installer from My Storage.

Every thing worked fine for a while then CM1 froze while rebooting and My Storage

disapperead, I know this is a common issue with some 16GB phones, It has happened

before, I got my storage back by applying MoviNand patch,Now I want to install from

SD Card to SDcard and run from SD Card, I dont want to touch My Storge anymore.

Can I install manually same like Internal Storage manual installation and just format and

partition the SdCard and change mmcblk parameters in startup.txt. Do I need to make

partitions with ubuntu/linux or windows is enough.If yes what parameters do I need to change.

Any Ideas

Guest antonio junior

someone noticed the galaxy y, will have something that can help us? it has compatible hardware, I think, 290 MB RAM, 830 MHz processor ARMv6. it uses gingerbread.

Edited by antonio junior

Guest s jithu

@kannan ramaswamy

im looking for winmo rom orginally by samsung

i install cm6 on sd card no problem but my phone network is lost im using nxxjj1

looking for origanlly rom of omnia india when i given to service center they said its not a software but hardware ( whole mother board ) problem

cost is around 5500/rs or 105 usd

im sure its firmware problem

Hi,

Auto install is not working.

Partitions are not created correctly on the SD or cannot be used.

I have 16GB sandisk card formatted by the minitool (it leaves empty space at the beginning of the card)

Have tried creating partitions. No luck.

Either hang with "end?" message or crashes.

Can someone help on the recommended partitions for this card and how to invoke install after creating them?

(Card is fine on WM)

Guest voyteckst

Hi,

I have 16GB sandisk card formatted by the minitool (it leaves empty space at the beginning of the card)

Can someone help on the recommended partitions for this card and how to invoke install after creating them?

(Card is fine on WM)

I have info from ggwfnh that he corrected installer and it works. Link was posted somewhere here. It will be posted on the main site.

I have info from ggwfnh that he corrected installer and it works. Link was posted somewhere here. It will be posted on the main site.

THX voyteckst,

Is this the Chinese file (10.7MB) in post #1864986 ?

Will try to download it

Guest ASMARTTECHIE

@kannan ramaswamy

im looking for winmo rom orginally by samsung

i install cm6 on sd card no problem but my phone network is lost im using nxxjj1

looking for origanlly rom of omnia india when i given to service center they said its not a software but hardware ( whole mother board ) problem

cost is around 5500/rs or 105 usd

im sure its firmware problem

search the forum and download original jh2 rom and flash it using tutorials provided in the forum.. jh2 works great with indian networks.. and its pretty decently fast too..

Guest s jithu

search the forum and download original jh2 rom and flash it using tutorials provided in the forum.. jh2 works great with indian networks.. and its pretty decently fast too..

thank you i download it from samfirmware.com

Guest Numinas

Hi, I've installed Android to my Internal Storage...all work fine, but Android is unable to see the SD when I put it on...I try to modify "mmcblk" parameters in a lot of ways, in Startup, vold.fstab, and init.rc, but the result is this...if Android recognize the Personal Internal Partition doesn't recognize the External SD, if Android recognize the External SD doesn't recognize the Personal Internal Partition...anyone know how to solve this problem? I've read many pages of the forum and tried some solutions i've find here, but none of these seems to work...

With these settings the external SD works fine but Android doesn't recognize my 6gb Internal Partition:

Startup.txt = mmcblk1p2

fstab = mmcblk1p3

vold.fstab = sdhci.0/...../mmc0

init.rc = mmcblk1p2 /system/sd :excl: mmcblk0p5 /sdcard :excl: mmcblk1p5 /storage

With these settings my 6gb Internal Partition works fine but Android doesn't recognize the external SD:

Startup.txt = mmcblk0p2

fstab = mmcblk0p3

vold.fstab = sdhci.1/...../mmc1

init.rc = mmcblk1p2 /system/sd :excl: mmcblk0p5 /sdcard :excl: mmcblk1p5 /storage

Can anyone help me please? Thx in advance!

Edited by Numinas

Guest Nelson Neoh

hello can anyone tell me how to make my phone being detected by pc?? it's only in charging mode :/ (sorry for my b.e)

You will need ADB. Search the first page.

With these settings the external SD works fine but Android doesn't recognize my 6gb Internal Partition:

Startup.txt = mmcblk1p2

fstab = mmcblk1p3

With these settings my 6gb Internal Partition works fine but Android doesn't recognize the external SD:

Startup.txt = mmcblk0p2

fstab = mmcblk0p3

vold.fstab = sdhci.1/...../mmc1

Can anyone help me please? Thx in advance!

From your post, I guess your partition is something like:

Internal Storage (ext4) = mmcblk1p2

Internal Storage (FAT) = mmcblk1p1

External Storage = mmcblk0p1

Swap Partition = mmcblk1p3

So the setting might be as follow:

Startup.txt = mmcblk1p2

fstab = mmcblk1p3

init.rc = mmcblk0p1 /sdcard :excl: mmcblk1p1 /storage

PS: if you didnt insert the SD card in slot while you boot the phone, your Internal Storage will be mmcblk0. And I noticed if SD was not in place while boot up, the system might not able to mount your card later. (Not yet confirmed by DEV)

Guest voyteckst

hey i installed skin+livewallpaper update.... update 3 on beta 3.......

after that my omnia doesnt proceed after boot screen// what to do?

Wrong thread. Additionally Beta3 isn't supported anymore.

And one more thing: we aren't on Your phone, so check logcat at least, because the way You provide info is unusable.

Edited by voyteckst

Guest voyteckst

while installing app it says couldnt instal usb storage or sd card

what shall i do pls guide

And again the same. Maybe more info? What app, logs from logcat?

Guest RonLewis

Hi,

(Card is fine on WM)

Ok, easiest way around this that I know.

Download Hiren Boot CD 10.

plug SD card into PC.

Boot PC with Hiren Boot CD, Select Partitioning tools, then select Acronis Disk Director

an options screen will come up, select Manual (not Automatic).

Now delete all partitions and create a new Fat32 partition for the whole disk. You must select Primary Partition. (Logical partition will fail for Android install)

Now select complete or Finish

Your SD card is now ready for the Auto Installer.

Guest gauravv

Ok, easiest way around this that I know.

Download Hiren Boot CD 10.

plug SD card into PC.

Boot PC with Hiren Boot CD, Select Partitioning tools, then select Acronis Disk Director

an options screen will come up, select Manual (not Automatic).

Now delete all partitions and create a new Fat32 partition for the whole disk. You must select Primary Partition. (Logical partition will fail for Android install)

Now select complete or Finish

Your SD card is now ready for the Auto Installer.

i would recommend this :

connect phone via usb having sd card as mass storage.......and then format it under diskmanagement in admins. services as primary and 4096 cluster size

Guest s jithu

This was installed OK. THX voyteckst :D

Only it does not look like it is Cyanogenmod :unsure:

can u explain how to install cox its chiness not able to translate the readme file

what to do