[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest ray1234

Wouldn't this be the same as copying the files direct to the system directory in root explorer inside Android?

ok, I'm answering my own question.... yes, that should be, but no, root explorer somehow doesn't work. My previous question is why every time I used root explorer to copy the system files in the patch, and every time it messed up the system to the extend that it won't boot into Android anymore. It seems that root explorer has problem with our version of Android, every time I copy the system files, it will mess up the system. I now used Terminal Emulator to copy the files, and everything is working. I applied both the headphone and chinese patch and both working well.

BTW, I see that when it auto-install, the partition is in EXT3. Isn't EXT4 supposed to be faster? I now manually formated it to EXT4 and everything still seems to be working fine. It 'seems' a bit faster, but I'm not sure if it is placebo effect. Any disadvantage using EXT4?

ps ... also the clock problem is disturbing, even putting into flight mode before reboot doesn't fix it, any other solution? it seems to have something to do with the time zone. I'm in GMT +8, and it displayed 8 hrs earlier than actual time after reboot. If I set it to GMT 0, then it'll display the correct time.... I don't want to have to mess with the time zone, any solution other than setting it to GMT 0?

Edited by ray1234

Guest hovensy

hi guys,

been using this froyo since the start but now i want to try Cyanogen Beta.. Problem is I cannot dismount system in the ext4.. it is always there and can't change it even if i reformat the drive..

as I remember I used this commands in beta3 stage of Froyo.. and as I read it tells that it change permission..

sudo touch /media/system/system/etc/fstab

sudo chmod 666 /media/system/system/etc/fstab

sudo echo /dev/block/mmcblk1p3 swap swap defaults 0 0 > /media/system/system/etc/fstab

how do I revert this?

thanks in advance

Guest ray1234

hi guys,

been using this froyo since the start but now i want to try Cyanogen Beta.. Problem is I cannot dismount system in the ext4.. it is always there and can't change it even if i reformat the drive..

as I remember I used this commands in beta3 stage of Froyo.. and as I read it tells that it change permission..

sudo touch /media/system/system/etc/fstab

sudo chmod 666 /media/system/system/etc/fstab

sudo echo /dev/block/mmcblk1p3 swap swap defaults 0 0 > /media/system/system/etc/fstab

how do I revert this?

thanks in advance

can't you just delete all partitions using partition wizard and start over again?

Guest hovensy

I deleted all partitions already... also reformatted using ubuntu and windows

reformatting adds new directory /media/sytem_ "with the underscore (_)

old (/media/system still exist)

anyone?

Edited by hovensy

Guest ray1234

reformatting adds new directory /media/sytem_   "with the underscore (_)    

anyone?

I don't quote get you, if you reformat and do a fresh install, how will there be old directory left?

Guest ray1234

i am not sure.. but if permission are change then you cannot remove the file right? i think that's what happen...

Are you really deleting the partition for a start? If you delete the whole partition nothing can be left over.

Guest Xardas26

guys please can anyone give me a hint or solution how to get it working?

Hello guys,

I have got a problem with the installation. Following intr. from https://sites.google...or-omnia2-beta3 and olso from the READme in the downloaded file. Here are photos with the problem : http://imageshack.us...1222043810.jpg/http://imageshack.us...1222043757.jpg/ http://imageshack.us...1222043744.jpg/http://imageshack.us...1222043728.jpg/ I coppied all data to internal memory. I started the install. without SD card inserted. It said that there is not enough space on SD card... when I have the SD card in the phone. It goes like those pic I uploaded. Changed the setup file or what name with the dev\ to what is on the taken picture : mounting internal SD memory as mmcblk1p5. But as it goes along it says something with mmcblk0p2. and the installation isn't finished.

Guest erikcas

reformatting adds new directory /media/sytem_ "with the underscore (_)

anyone?

Sudo rm /media/system

/media/system was not unmounted before you unplugged phone so it still exists. If you take a look, you will see it is there even when your phone is in your car.

You can just delete it with above command.

Guest erikcas

Btw this is becoming more and more a about-linux thread. It is supposed to be about experiencing beta3

There are loads of forums with all answers to linux questions.

we need "MOAR" battery :P

no data battery usage is quite fine..

data on battery usage is way too hig

---

the rom is stable.. fast and very usable but battery is pain the ass..

Edited by oronzo

Guest hovensy

Btw this is becoming more and more a about-linux thread. It is supposed to be about experiencing beta3

There are loads of forums with all answers to linux questions.

thanks for your reply.. managed to remove it myself.. sorry for asking noob questions for Linux..

Guest Bassvix

CURRENT SITUATION after updates: infinite loop on boot (on logo O2DROID), reboot on the home screen sometimes, sometimes freezes on boot (logo).

I did all the installation process manually using the package 28/11/2011: CyanogenMod beta 1.

Too slow boot, but ran Android.

Perceived problems:

1 - Not found the My Storage and the SD card.

2 - The camera is not working (can not save pictures without SD?).

3 - The Sound Recorder freezes when accessing.

4 - The Market does not install programs. I can search and download, but the installation does not occur.

All other native programs work.

Apparently sensors ok - rotation ok, proximity I think ok, WiFi ok, battery does not seem to be drained, very good speed (fluid), synchronization with Google account ok.

I decided to apply the other updates:

1 - 11/30/2011: Kernel update.

2 - 11/30/2011 (2): CyanogenMod beta 1, an update.

3 - 02/12/2011: CyanogenMod beta 1, App2SD update.

Now the boot takes too long time (more!), infinite loop on boot (on logo O2DROID), reboot on the home screen sometimes, sometimes freezes on boot (logo).

:(

Guest MaxiMoruM

I am buy very fast TEAM MicroSDHC 8Gb Class 10 flash card and install cyanogenmod using autoinstall, all it works!!!!

"Sorry for my bad english, i am from Ukraine"

- very fast boot!

- phone working fast! (but not enough)

- Camera works fine! (no auto focus)

- edit init.rc for my storage and sdcard (install PowerAMP for index music on all dir)

- 3.5 jack work!

- battery lasts for half a day

- all games still works slowly

- wifi not connect in wifi routers in many cafe (((

- bluetooth working strange (but working)

- bad GSM signal (something is missing, the full)

Guys all buy TEAM MicroSDHC 8Gb Class 10 I recommend!

Edited by MaxiMoruM

Guest nikkotsoi

I am buy very fast TEAM MicroSDHC 8Gb Class 10 flash card and install cyanogenmod using autoinstall, all it works!!!!

"Sorry for my bad english, i am from Ukraine"

- very fast boot!

- phone working fast! (but not enough)

- Camera works fine! (no auto focus)

- edit init.rc for my storage and sdcard (install PowerAMP for index music on all dir)

- 3.5 jack work!

- battery lasts for half a day

- all games still works slowly

- wifi not connect in wifi routers in many cafe (((

- bluetooth working strange (but working)

- bad GSM signal (something is missing, the full)

Guys all buy TEAM MicroSDHC 8Gb Class 10 I recommend!

try changing the focusing mode from macro and auto

it will focus :lol:

also everytime u open the camera it focus once already

Guest ray1234

A few problems :

1) bluetooth - if set to discoverable, it can be searched by other bluetooth phones and connect. However, the phone itself cannot discover other devices, nothing is found if I search. Thus, it cannot connect to devices like bluetooth A2DP or headset.

2) time - it will display the time incorrectly unless the time zone is set as GMT +0, otherwise it will be only display GMT +0 time. I'm in time zone of GMT +0, at 8pm if I reboot, it will display the time as 12pm. My fix to that is using time sync software to sync the time again on every reboot

3) some software that required superuser does not seem to be able to do that, despite the fact that the system should be root already. For example, my time sync problem required root and never get root access.

4) on ext3, I get problem rebooting every now and then. When I reboot from WM, a lot of times it hangs on reboot. Now I put it to ext4, it seems to somehow help and I never encountered boot freeze since I'm on ext4.

Guest ray1234

we need "MOAR" battery :P

no data battery usage is quite fine..

data on battery usage is way too hig

---

the rom is stable.. fast and very usable but battery is pain the ass..

I think depends on the radio reception in your area. I let the data on all the time, I leave the phone on at 8am this morning at 83%, I made a few calls and used a few minutes of wifi and now it is at 53% at 4pm. Of course data uses battery, but it is acceptable if it can last you a day. The battery consumption on my Galaxy Note with data on is about the same, so I don't think the battery drain is really that abnormal.

Guest RonLewis

2) time - it will display the time incorrectly unless the time zone is set as GMT +0, otherwise it will be only display GMT +0 time. I'm in time zone of GMT +0, at 8pm if I reboot, it will display the time as 12pm. My fix to that is using time sync software to sync the time again on every reboot

I have posted a solution to this problem a few times now..... In WinMo 6.5. Set Country to London Dublin, set the correct date and time according to your PC (so the date and time should match but the Country shouldnt. Now start CM Beta 1 with correct GMT of where you are. It never looses the time and its always correct. You can reboot it over and over and it will not need to be resynced. No need for Sync software.

Edited by RonLewis

Guest RonLewis

Just an update on the issues I have been having. I have had CM Beta 1 Auto installed since it was released.

I am using a Class 6 8GB Micro SD.

1. Will reboot for no known good reason. atleast two or three times a week. e.g I set Mobile network to 2g.... will freeze then reboot (only sometimes). takes approx 2 mins

2. Battery fluctuates. Sometimes can last me 2 days with no Data. Sometimes not even a day. Flight mode trick works sometimes. If I charge to 100% in WinMo then boot CM Beta 1. Sometimes it states 85% sometimes 65%. I can charge it till it gets to 98% in CM Beta1 after it was fully charged by WInMo. Will never get to 100%

3. Phone freezes and need to take battery out. This happens atleast 2 or 3 times a week as well. Can be in the middle of connecting WLAN, on Market, even simply swyping the screen to get to the next screen. No common cause.

4. Touch screen precision is slighly off. Needs calibration. This can get really annoying with Swype. Any suggestions that will work?

5. When turn on from sleep. Normally turns on instantly. Sometimes takes 2 or 3 seconds to light up or Sometimes can take upto 10 seconds. (no open apps or anything)

6. Wirless Lan works but not all the time. Sometimes it will see the access point, attempt to connect then states disconnected. I find that if I turn off wirless lan, wait 30 seconds and turn it back on again, it seems to work.

Also, with the battery issue. I used my Omnia I8000T with WinMo 6.5 running SPB Mobile Shell, fully loaded with games, tools etc..etc.. for about a year and I could get approx 5 days without using data, wireless, GPS or playing games. As soon as I would use GPS for TOMTOM or Data for mail I would be lucky to get half a day.

I also have a Galaxy S2 and the battery drains quite fast as well when using Data or Wireless.

Besides these few issues. Its an awesome release and I would defenitly never go back to WinMo.

Thanks once again for your great work Dev's ;)

Edited by RonLewis

Guest vakaloka

Hi, I've a logcat of an unexpected restart, if any dev want to have a look at it here is it: http://pastie.org/3066363 it's actually a fragment of a logcat, I think it restarts near the line 149. This happens to me when I put the alarm, and I press the lock screen button twice and turn off the alarm.

Tell me if this is useful. If it is, I will try to upload more.

Edited by vakaloka

Guest gauravv

please dont use setcpu, chainfire 3d etc.....it will harm your installations........just use stock rom provided by devs....it will be more stable and no restarts etc.....

@

voyteckst

i think we are using too much cpu.....like if we see quadrant score of cpu its around 1300s....and if we compare it with other phone...like nexus its cpu score is less.....thats why battery drain is high i think and one more thing....i know you will not agree on it....but just i want you to try it.....in winmo set clock speed to 550mhz and boot android.....after 1-2mins usage its on par with 800mhz and sometimes its even faster.......and even if its at par we can use that frequency saving battery.........

Edited by gauravv