[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest vakaloka

please dont use setcpu, chainfire 3d etc.....it will harm your installations........just use stock rom provided by devs....it will be more stable and no restarts etc.....

As for me I reinstalled cm6 because a couple of reasons yesterday, installed 2 normal applications. Moreover, this happened to me even before reinstalling it... it is probably not just a problem related to my phone O.o

Guest RonLewis

please dont use setcpu, chainfire 3d etc.....it will harm your installations........just use stock rom provided by devs....it will be more stable and no restarts etc.....

Ahh, I am using stock rom provided from devs. I do not use any CPU Programs or battery saving programs. It is just the stock rom I am using and I do get restarts as well as freezes.

Guest gauravv

As for me I reinstalled cm6 because a couple of reasons yesterday, installed 2 normal applications. Moreover, this happened to me even before reinstalling it... it is probably not just a problem related to my phone O.o

do one thing.....format your sd card removing ext partition and just having fat 32 partition and now auto install android and it will be fine!......and which 2 app u installed ?

Guest gauravv

Ahh, I am using stock rom provided from devs. I do not use any CPU Programs or battery saving programs. It is just the stock rom I am using and I do get restarts as well as freezes.

i dont get it even on class 2 card :)

Guest vakaloka

do one thing.....format your sd card removing ext partition and just having fat 32 partition and now auto install android and it will be fine!......and which 2 app u installed ?

Is not the program's fault, (btw they were twitter app and root file explorer)

Guest gauravv

Is not the program's fault, (btw they were twitter app and root file explorer)

dont use root apps.....i am finding problems after using them like set cpu.....try to avoid that....and use some days and see if there is any diff.

Guest MaxiMoruM

If your Android freezes during boot, it's because of the fact that you have at the time the haret.exe in your system which carried outthe process which used a lot of resources. The secret to a successful launch of Android if you use the lite version home in you WM, or completely disable it.

Guest vakaloka

well a small sidenote: difference between read/write speed:

TEST SPEED. FILE SIZE: 159 MB (167.505.524 bytes)

INTERNAL:

WRITE: 38.81 seg => 4,09 MB/seg

READ : 28.93 seg => 5,49 MB/seg

EXTERNAL SD: (Class 4 microSD card)

WRITE: 36.56 seg => 4.34 MB/seg

READ : 22.68 seg => 7,01 MB/seg

So, as voyteckst said, there's no point in installing android on internal storage... unless you have a class 2 sd card

Edited by vakaloka

Guest erikcas

dont use root apps.....i am finding problems after using them like set cpu.....try to avoid that....and use some days and see if there is any diff.

Are you on VM Beta1 for omnia2 or on the B7610 edition?

Because the one for B7610 is compiled from completely different sources. Therefore it can be that rooting works different.

Guest gauravv

Are you on VM Beta1 for omnia2 or on the B7610 edition?

Because the one for B7610 is compiled from completely different sources. Therefore it can be that rooting works different.

i am on one that you complied and i didnt know sources are different......but these apps are not working fine they work for first time and not on second time (setcpu) and i googled it and they say setcpu like apps conflicts with cyanogen roms

Guest erikcas

i am on one that you complied and i didnt know sources are different......but these apps are not working fine they work for first time and not on second time (setcpu) and i googled it and they say setcpu like apps conflicts with cyanogen roms

Setcpu worked fine with me. Just permit root acces and tick remember. But it does not add something usefull.

But that is off-topic here and should be discussed in the B7610 specific forum.

Guest nikkotsoi

can you explain me how can i flash android in my storage with windows 7

Thanks

There are no "flashing" needed

and it doesn't matter you use windows 7 /xp/vista/2000

ubuntu/ linux!

There are no "flashing" needed

and it doesn't matter you use windows 7 /xp/vista/2000

ubuntu/ linux!

i installed to sd, but i want to install in my storage, how can i install?

Guest vakaloka

i installed to sd, but i want to install in my storage, how can i install?

ufffff... that's almost impossible dude.... but whatever you do DO NOT LOOK AT THE FIRST PAGE OF THE... THREAD, IT COULD KILL YOU, AND DO NOT READ THE FAQ, as I've heard crazy people has died doing so. So please, be careful for the love of god

have a look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irony

Edited by vakaloka

Guest Bassvix

If your Android freezes during boot, it's because of the fact that you have at the time the haret.exe in your system which carried outthe process which used a lot of resources. The secret to a successful launch of Android if you use the lite version home in you WM, or completely disable it.

This secret not work for me. :(

Guest vakaloka

Hello Voyteckst. Yesterday I posted an unexpected restart #4074 . I think this is caused because in CM6\system\framework\services.jar\classes.dex\WindowManagerService$PolicyThread.class (and in general in other com.android.server classes) it imports android.view.WindowManagerPolicy, witch doesn't exists in the android.view package(the framework.jar), and as a result it throws this:

E/AndroidRuntime( 2019): *** FATAL EXCEPTION IN SYSTEM PROCESS: WindowManagerPolicy

E/AndroidRuntime( 2019): java.util.NoSuchElementException: Death link does not exist

could you please confirm this?

Guest nikkotsoi

i strongly recommend the camera zoom fx

https://market.andro...2FtZXJhWm9vbSJd

it can let us set the buttons manually..

we can set a key (eg.volume up) for changing the focusing mode (macro/auto/infinity)

therefore we can do something like auto focusing in fast :lol::lol:

for me,, my shutter button is damaged, i can't try if it is ok to set the shutter button,

but i can set it as volume key up as focus ,,, volume key down as taking photos,

it is convenient

really a great app!!

Edited by nikkotsoi

Guest voyteckst

Hello Voyteckst. Yesterday I posted an unexpected restart #4074 . I think this is caused because in CM6\system\framework\services.jar\classes.dex\WindowManagerService$PolicyThread.class (and in general in other com.android.server classes) it imports android.view.WindowManagerPolicy, witch doesn't exists in the android.view package(the framework.jar), and as a result it throws this:

could you please confirm this?

No, I didn't have this. But now I'm testing some newer version which is compiled with hdpi resources, so just can't back to original one ;-)

Guest ElQuira de Regza

Thx... now i have droid on my omnia

but i have something to ask

1. how to connect my phone to pc??? its would not read

2. why my internal storage not shown??? i had use guide in page one...

thx for helping... and sorry..my english not good...

Guest vakaloka

The first problem may be because of different reasons (look up information)

The second problem may be solved if you change the partition of storage in init.rc in the partition of the instalation of android. Open init.rc with linux(sudo) and look for "mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p5 /storage" and change "mmcblk1p5" for your patition(the 5 should change) or maybe that's not the problem

Edited by vakaloka

Guest Trasheador

for 1:

Your PC will detect your phone once you disable "USB Debug" in "Aplications -> Development" (it may vary in english, I have it in spanish)

Guest Trasheador

i strongly recommend the camera zoom fx

https://market.andro...2FtZXJhWm9vbSJd

it can let us set the buttons manually..

we can set a key (eg.volume up) for changing the focusing mode (macro/auto/infinity)

therefore we can do something like auto focusing in fast :lol::lol:

for me,, my shutter button is damaged, i can't try if it is ok to set the shutter button,

but i can set it as volume key up as focus ,,, volume key down as taking photos,

it is convenient

really a great app!!

It's a nice app!! Does your flash work in it? To me it only works in the built in camera app. Not even the "flashlight" apps can't seem to turn it on.

Guest ray1234

well a small sidenote: difference between read/write speed:

So, as voyteckst said, there's no point in installing android on internal storage... unless you have a class 2 sd card

Well, I guess I'll share my experience... I've installed Android on both a class 4 Kingston and a class 10 Transcend, and now I installed it on internal storage. I found that on internal the system is most stable, I haven't got any self reboot since I'm on internal, while on SD it'll reboot by itself sometimes. I've previously played with tabs which can be tweaked with special roms installed on SD as well, I've learned that it is not just the continuous transfer speed of the SD that you look at, because for systems the r/w is numerous while file size is very small, so the random r/w speed is also very important, although few people will actually test the random r/w speed for small files on SD. Now that I'm on internal, as I previously mentioned my system actually feels faster, and Android starting time and time for loading Angry Birds is actually faster. For those on SD, what's the time you take to load Android? on internal, I took 1min40secs from running Haret to displaying the lock screen, on class 10 Transcend I got 2min15secs while on class 4 Kingstons it took more than 3 mins. So I guess the point is, try install on internal anyway, you may be surprised, it's so easy to restore the partition anyway as long as you backed up all files.

Thanks to RonLewis, I've now got the time fixed. Still 2 o/s problem and one request :)

1. Bluetooth - will not discover other devices

2. Recharge - on Android, it'll recharge only to 96-97%. To put it on 100% I have to recharge under WM.

3. Reboot - can it reboot without going through WM? sometimes when it reboot by itself (while I installed on SD), it can reboot Android without going through WM

Edited by ray1234