[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest gauravv

Your screen is 480x800 because it's being streched from 320x480. Its not native 480x800

what about 16 million colors we will have support for it with this update or in future ?....or their is any hardware limitation

what about 16 million colors we will have support for it with this update or in future ?....or their is any hardware limitation

Oh that's what i really don't know...I think there are no hardware limitations...just lack of 2d/3d drivers...

Guest nikkotsoi

Your screen is 480x800 because it's being streched from 320x480. Its not native 480x800

:blink:Oh I see

But i think the printscreen is already very sharp and clear x_x

Was anyone able to install EasyMoney app on CM6? I tried it and was unsuccessful. The error message is "the app is not signed correctly" There is a free app on the market.

Guest vakaloka

Same stuff with me, battery life is horrible! :(

really? That's strange...(IRONY)

Please don't post anything else related to battery drainage, it's known that battery life isn't as good as in WinMo, but we cannot do anything.

really? That's strange...(IRONY)

Please don't post anything else related to battery drainage, it's known that battery life isn't as good as in WinMo, but we cannot do anything.

Well yeah, I dont blame devs actually. They've done HUGE work already! If not them, we couldn't taste the Android no matter how bad the battery life is! :)

Guest vakaloka

Was anyone able to install EasyMoney app on CM6? I tried it and was unsuccessful. The error message is "the app is not signed correctly" There is a free app on the market.

Maybe because it's compiled for other android version(2.3)

Guest 4erven1

wifi could not obtaine ip, does any body have the same problem, i have tryed to use wifi without envryption, but the problem was still there, in win, theres no problem with wifi connection,

Edited by 4erven1

Guest vakaloka

wifi could not obtaine ip, does any body have the same problem, i have tryed to use wifi without envryption, but the problem was still there, in win, theres no problem with wifi connection,

Have you tried with other access point? also, you can try #3335 (the edit at the end)

Finally started to use Android on my omnia II, a few questions to experienced users:

1) When I shut down the phone, it starts with windows mobile, is this normal ? Is there a way to prevent WM loading at the start up?

2) Battery life is quite short, is this normal ?

3) Sometimes, I am having Wifi connection problems. Even if the signal is so strong, it disconnects frequently...

Is this a bug, I think the connection was much more reliable with windows mobile.

Guest vakaloka

Finally started to use Android on my omnia II, a few questions to experienced users:

1) When I shut down the phone, it starts with windows mobile, is this normal ? Is there a way to prevent WM loading at the start up?

2) Battery life is quite short, is this normal ?

3) Sometimes, I am having Wifi connection problems. Even if the signal is so strong, it disconnects frequently...

Is this a bug, I think the connection was much more reliable with windows mobile.

1.- Yes, it's normal, and there's no way(yet) to do it

2.- COULD YOU PLEASE READ JUST 6 POST BEFORE THIS?

3.- Depends on the frequency it happens

Maybe because it's compiled for other android version(2.3)

This is not correct. I figured out a way around it. On xda forum I found a Market app(for Samsung Spica), older than our current version Market app for CM6 and after I installed it guess what? It works. :) By the way it's a very good app to keep track of you finances.

I attached the Market app for spica.

Vending.zip

Edited by bf5

Guest Blue Ember

The only problem in all android i have is the microphone in call is lower than it in wm the caller can't hear me so good i don't know why any fix for this problem ??

I have installed the cm_beta1 automatically. With easy task killer, I see that total memory of my phone is 121MB, and the memory usage is around %70-80 after installing a few applications such as facebook and twitter, is this total too low, because sometimes I feel that phone is responding slowly...

Edited by runoz

Guest erikcas

I have installed the cm_beta1 automatically. With easy task killer, I see that total memory of my phone is 121MB, and the memory usage is around %70-80 after installing a few applications such as facebook and twitter, is this total too low, because sometimes I feel that phone is responding slowly...

Also this is discussed over and over again. It is in the forums. Use search button

Guest uzziel84

This is my first post since CyanogenMod, and I only post to report a problem and hopefully to get a solution.

- After a freeze in the "messages" of the phone (I couldn't click and open messages, but the rest of the phone worked well), I used the recovery option of android.

- It rebooted fine, but after 2 or 3 minutes in android It just reboots without entering in WinMo. This happens every single time I enter android.

- I tried to pull out battery and restart haret, I tried using recovery mode again and nothing works, It just keeps rebooting.

PS - I don't use any message app or task killer.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

Guest vakaloka

i applied skin for cm6 through phone terminal and sorry i dont like it

now can i reverse the update through the phone terminal itself

Completely off-topic, if you at least told us what commands you put...

This is my first post since CyanogenMod, and I only post to report a problem and hopefully to get a solution.

- After a freeze in the "messages" of the phone (I couldn't click and open messages, but the rest of the phone worked well), I used the recovery option of android.

- It rebooted fine, but after 2 or 3 minutes in android It just reboots without entering in WinMo. This happens every single time I enter android.

- I tried to pull out battery and restart haret, I tried using recovery mode again and nothing works, It just keeps rebooting.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

If you uploaded a logcat we could try to see what happens

Guest 4erven1

well i hope no one have posted this problem before, so i won't get bad responses- so this is my problem, i've downloaded a couple of apps from the market, but non of them got installed, and even more, i can't find them anywhere in my phone , not in downloads, not anywhere , can someone give me a hint how to do it properly, 10x in advance.

And is there any sotware, that i ca use to install the apps through the pc, something like the kies, or anything.

Edited by 4erven1

Guest Bassvix

Same problem with me.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

Guest Tintorera

Has anyone tried to install this new version on the SD card without access to "my storage"? is it even possible? Sorry to ask but the last time I tried to install Android I read hundereds of pages and spent several hours just to get stuck at the pink screen =(

hello guys, I've been trying to install beta 2 now for a while and i can't seem to get past the pink screen

I am solely using the sd-card as my my storage is gone due to a hardware fault, therefore i am using the manual install; partition mount unrar etc in ubuntu.

i've left the start untouched as it should be 0p2, right?

i've tried to use the "diagnosis" zimage but all that happens is the normal initial check, only to move on to a blinking line for a few seconds, and then saying android in very small text in the center, again with the blinking line next to it. after a while the line stops blinking.

sighsad.gif

Guest vakaloka

Has anyone tried to install this new version on the SD card without access to "my storage"? is it even possible? Sorry to ask but the last time I tried to install Android I read hundereds of pages and spent several hours just to get stuck at the pink screen =(

Yes, it's possible, but before tell me why you cannot access to my storage