[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest ray1234

垃圾,rubishmad.gif

1) it is your attitude that is the problem - you've asked the same question a number of times which is totally unnecessary

2) don't write in chinese, and don't write in english either if you can't spell properly

3) I'm a chinese myself, don't reflect badly on our race

Guest erikcas

Hello,

It's my first post here, but I read a great deal of forum so far. First of all, thanks to all developers for a great job, i honestly admire to you guys.

I installed cm_beta manually on internal storage, and i have i few questions about upadates.

With the kernel upadate I didn't have any problem offcourse, but with headphone update (update 1) i had a problem. I couldn't copy service.jar on system disk in ubuntu because I didn,t have permisson to write on that partition. Then I used "sudo nautilus", and i managed to copy service.jar., but after that andoid couldn't start because some google app coudln't start. I tried a few times, and always is the same result.

Could someone tell me, please, how to do this update without "sudo nautilus"?

Also, I'm not sure for cm_o2_app2sd_update as well, so i hope someone could tell me where exatly copy this update.

Thanks

Why don't you just put the cm_o2_update.tar.gz in the root of your "my storage" and run haret?

It should just auto-update, even if you installed on "my storage"

Guest RonLewis

i enabled the battery percentage, now i can't return to standard battery icon, how do this?

I had this issue too but you can get out of it. I had to play around with mine for a while but here is something that should work.

1. Untick box to indicate %

2. Untick box to indicate battery.

3. Restart phone

4. Enable Battery inicator.

Let me know if this worked for you!!!!

After I worked out how to turn it off, I ended up putting it back on as it gives me a more acurate indication of my percetage and better than using a 3rd party widget or tool.

Edited by RonLewis

I can only say that I am really very disappointed in you, and don't trying to challenge people's bottom line.

Andy, relax. To let that kind of people to go, simply to ignore him, let his post drown

Or maybe even omitting the offensive words by time you quote

In fact, I can almost smell his reason for such a strong push of bootlogo editing - stealing credit from the dev team and showing off at the Chinese sites.

Not far he can go without much knowledge in code compiling

Edited by Job21

Guest Fishkal

Why don't you just put the cm_o2_update.tar.gz in the root of your "my storage" and run haret?

It should just auto-update, even if you installed on "my storage"

Thanks, the update works.

I am having problems with sd card. In android, I can only see partition sdcard that I created in instalation. I tried to change things as it said on page 1 for SD card:

dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard auto/devices/platform/s3c-sdhci.1/mmc_host/mmc1

and

mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 /sdcard

but still, only memory i can see is Internal phone storage (1.5 GB - system ext4 partition) and SD card (5,98 gb - sd card fat partition). My sd card is 4 gb, i formated it in Wmo, and i can use it there with no problem.What else can I do?

Guest djsolidsnake86

I had this issue too but you can get out of it. I had to play around with mine for a while but here is something that should work.

1. Untick box to indicate %

2. Untick box to indicate battery.

3. Restart phone

4. Enable Battery inicator.

Let me know if this worked for you!!!!

After I worked out how to turn it off, I ended up putting it back on as it gives me a more acurate indication of my percetage and better than using a 3rd party widget or tool.

where is the box that indicate battery?

Guest marios32

Tomorrow my class 10 8GB SDcard by Transcend will arrive. I will test the speed of our Cyanogenmod on that and give feedback!

^_^

Will be glad to have your feedback.

I am thinking about buying a class 10 card too. I have a class 4 now.

Do you guys thing it ll be worth it ? Should i go for it ?

Edited by marios32

Guest shoarmabakpao

Will be glad to have your feedback.

I am thinking about buying a class 10 card too. I have a class 4 now.

Do you guys thing it ll be worth it ? Should i go for it ?

Tomorrow I can tell you =)

Hello guys, this is my first post here.

I'm using CynogenMod 6.1.1. A great job and well done by the dev group

There's a bit of lag on the launcher pro. it take 5 to 10 seconds for the icon to come out.

Initially, my battery got heated up while using n there battery drains ridiculously. Manage to resolve the battery issue by installing 'Battery Dr Saver' and switched off all in setting such as wifi, bluetooth autosync data, gps receiver. My phone standby time consumes 28% of battery for 6 hours. Reasonable for me. I also switched off the news and weather update as well.

As for the Market not able to install the application, you need to reinstall android and set the partition to FAT32 6gb EXT4 1gb and SWAP 250mb. it works for me.

Thanks again guys..

Guest Nelson Neoh

Thanks, the update works.

I am having problems with sd card. In android, I can only see partition sdcard that I created in instalation. I tried to change things as it said on page 1 for SD card:

dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard auto/devices/platform/s3c-sdhci.1/mmc_host/mmc1

and

mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 /sdcard

but still, only memory i can see is Internal phone storage (1.5 GB - system ext4 partition) and SD card (5,98 gb - sd card fat partition). My sd card is 4 gb, i formated it in Wmo, and i can use it there with no problem.What else can I do?

First of all, do confirm again: How many partitions you have in your SDCard. Please make sure there is only 1 Primary partition, regardless it is ext4 or fat.

Second, suggest you can try change back the setting of s3c-sdhci.1/mmc_host/mmc1 to s3c-sdhci.0/mmc_host/mmc0. The information on Page 1 is very dependence on each user's situation.

Do try it out and response with any problem. :)

Guest RonLewis

where is the box that indicate battery?

Sorry, I must have been confused with Froyo Beta3

Just tested it again there is no way to take it off once applied. Even resetting the settings to default will not help.

Definitly a bug. You cannot even change the colour of the % to match the background so that it does'nt show. Button to change colour does not respond.

You can alternatively set the Custom Notification Toolbar, which gives it a flat colour and the default colour matches the % colour so that you cannot see it.

Guest voyteckst

Hello voyteckst

any news about update

thanks

No. And one more thing - don't You think, that if there would be any, it would be on the first page?

Guest Fishkal

First of all, do confirm again: How many partitions you have in your SDCard. Please make sure there is only 1 Primary partition, regardless it is ext4 or fat.

Second, suggest you can try change back the setting of s3c-sdhci.1/mmc_host/mmc1 to The information on Page 1 is very dependence on each user's situation.

Do try it out and response with any problem. :)

Ok, I formated my sd Card vith gparted, and that didn't help. But, when I changed to s3c-sdhci.0/mmc_host/mmc0., i was finaly able to see my sd card. But, now i can't see my internal memory.

To make things clear, hear ar all my partitions:

Internal memory (8 GB)

partition "sdcard" 6 GB (primary, FAT32)

partition "system" 1.5 GB (primary EXT4)

linux-swap - 256 MB

on sd card:

one partition 4GB primary fat 32 no name

Is there a way to see both of partitions (partition "sdcard" on internal memory and regular sd card)? Could renaming one of those partition help?

And one more thing, I'm having a problem with headphone update. I read on a forum that some guys had a similar problem. My headphones work when i connect them before booting android. When I disconnet them, the phone think they are still in. Could I do something abou that?

Thanks for all your help, your guys are great.

Hey guys, I have problems with cyanogenMod.

1st In the morning, when my alarm rings and I stop it, my phone get stuck and than it reboot itself, but not whole phone, just Android.

2nd problem..I was charging it today whole night...in the morning it rebooted itself again after alarm and than when battery was full charged it just shut down. When I turned it on to the WM..batt. has, I dont know maybe 32 %..I use Go launcher..I dont know if this is cause of it..

And finally 3rd problem..I cant use programs like CPU tuner, which needs rooted phone. This Android is rooted already, yesterday I'v rooted it again but it didnt help...phone just get stuck on loading screen and aplication is asking me if I want shut it down or wait, after few minutes of waiting... Thx for some solutin..I hope, it isnt there on forum already..I was trying to search it..

Guest djhoulio

Is there a way to see both of partitions (partition "sdcard" on internal memory and regular sd card)? Could renaming one of those partition help?

Hi Fishkal

You could first try another file explorer than the default (ES I think). I have try other file explorers from the market and they can see both of the partitions. I now use Bluetooth file transfer

wich it have good file explorer and bluetooth manager for sending and recieving files via bluetooth .

I know that the clock has been discussed many times, so please excuse me when I am taking up this issue once more. It is just so annoying.

Yesterday night I tried to record a radio station with Resco Radio and set the record timer to 11 p.m.

The recording started, but one our later at midnight!

I noticed that ADW launcher is kicked out when Android runs out of memory and is restarted when I press the home button.

It does not help to try to keep the launcher in RAM as set in the Spicamod settings.

Each time the time is set newly, but one hour behind my time zone. The time zone is set to automatic detection. I use quite often ClockSync to correct the time. But as said at each restart of ADW launcher it is wrong again.

Any remedy?

I know that the clock has been discussed many times, so please excuse me when I am taking up this issue once more. It is just so annoying.

Yesterday night I tried to record a radio station with Resco Radio and set the record timer to 11 p.m.

The recording started, but one our later at midnight!

I noticed that ADW launcher is kicked out when Android runs out of memory and is restarted when I press the home button.

It does not help to try to keep the launcher in RAM as set in the Spicamod settings.

Each time the time is set newly, but one hour behind my time zone. The time zone is set to automatic detection. I use quite often ClockSync to correct the time. But as said at each restart of ADW launcher it is wrong again.

Any remedy?

yea I have problem with clocks too, somone sad that turning on and off flight mod helps, but I didnt work for me..When phone reboots I always have to set clock to the correct time

Guest gauravv

yea I have problem with clocks too, somone sad that turning on and off flight mod helps, but I didnt work for me..When phone reboots I always have to set clock to the correct time

my Android time is always ahead :P

Guest andre02

I have same problem :rolleyes:

Hey guys, I have problems with cyanogenMod.

1st In the morning, when my alarm rings and I stop it, my phone get stuck and than it reboot itself, but not whole phone, just Android.

2nd problem..I was charging it today whole night...in the morning it rebooted itself again after alarm and than when battery was full charged it just shut down. When I turned it on to the WM..batt. has, I dont know maybe 32 %..I use Go launcher..I dont know if this is cause of it..

And finally 3rd problem..I cant use programs like CPU tuner, which needs rooted phone. This Android is rooted already, yesterday I'v rooted it again but it didnt help...phone just get stuck on loading screen and aplication is asking me if I want shut it down or wait, after few minutes of waiting... Thx for some solutin..I hope, it isnt there on forum already..I was trying to search it..

and what about this? Some solutions ?

Guest ray1234

searching this forum will help....use the right column function 'search' to search within this topic, just type 'clock'....

I know, because I asked this question in this topic before.... now to put it simple, the solution :

1) set your winmo timezone to dublin (GMT+0) and set the correct time in your own time zone

2) after that, the time will not move even if you reboot