[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest bouboule

No problem to install

Start very quicly no problems

No problem to install apps

But now reboots reboots reboots alone every 15 minutes, 20 minutes ...

Very unstable ...:(

Someone has an idea ?

Because i cannot use my phone

Many thanks to developers team , who make possible running andorid on our Omnia .

Almost everything works well on my Omnia with CM6 beta 2 .., but only thing that is't not so good for me is microphone level ( when I make or receive phone calls ) .., because , my friends complain about the poor sound ...

Anyone could explain what is the problem ?? .. or is just matter of carrier ..signal ...( in windows mobile .. this is not happen ) .

Thank you ..

All the best ..

We do not observe this problem, so rather not. Maybe in the future new cam driver will be written, but it's matter of two months of work for one person.

My camera does not work. And on Russian forum have peoples with not working camera too.

Can I help somehow?

Guest ex_explosive

hello

i'm using cm beta1 and i see cm beta 2

i was install cm beta 2 but i have problem while install

Checking partition /dev/block/mmcblk0p5... dosfsck 3.0.9 (31 Jan 2010) dosfsck 3.0.9, 31 Jan 2010, FAT32, LFN open: No such device or address Error: Partition doesn't exists. parted: invalid option -- 1 parted: invalid option -- 3 parted: invalid option -- 6 Usage: parted [-hlmsv] [DEVICE [COMMAND [PARAMETERS]]...] Creating ext4 and swap partitions. EXT4 partition size: 1024 MB parted: invalid option -- 1 parted: invalid option -- 3 parted: invalid option -- 6 Usage: parted [-hlmsv] [DEVICE [COMMAND [PARAMETERS]]...] tune2fs: No such file or directory while trying to open /dev/block/mmcblk0p Couldn't find valid filesystem superblock. e2fsck: No such file or directory while trying to open /dev/block/mmcblk0p SWAP partition size: 128 MB End?i installed cm beta 1 and i'm same things about installation

i think maybe my sd card broken i bought new sd card ( 2 GB)

it doesn't change error message.

( i did

- delete all partitions on sd card

- create partition (logical and fat 32)

- formatted sd card on phone)

Guest synescu

hello

Checking partition /dev/block/mmcblk0p5... dosfsck 3.0.9 (31 Jan 2010) dosfsck 3.0.9, 31 Jan 2010, FAT32, LFN open: No such device or address Error: Partition doesn't exists. parted: invalid option -- 1 parted: invalid option -- 3 parted: invalid option -- 6 Usage: parted [-hlmsv] [DEVICE [COMMAND [PARAMETERS]]...] Creating ext4 and swap partitions. EXT4 partition size: 1024 MB parted: invalid option -- 1 parted: invalid option -- 3 parted: invalid option -- 6 Usage: parted [-hlmsv] [DEVICE [COMMAND [PARAMETERS]]...] tune2fs: No such file or directory while trying to open /dev/block/mmcblk0p Couldn't find valid filesystem superblock. e2fsck: No such file or directory while trying to open /dev/block/mmcblk0p SWAP partition size: 128 MB End?i installed cm beta 1 and i'm same things about installation

( i did

try to make all 3 partitions primary before installation. for me never fails

Edited by synescu

Guest ex_explosive

hello

( i did

i solved it

i created partition primary and fat 32

Guest synescu

So, how You will explain, that for other people it just works?

I just said. it works for me tho but if I install manually unpacking the archive in terminal at end of the unpacking appears the error but works as well I may have some broken packages in my linux distrobiggrin.gif

Edited by synescu

Guest bouboule

THe USB no work for me

No possible to see the SD card on the PC

Nothing happens when i connect to USB port PC<br><br>Correction : i format my SD card<br>Reinstall and now USB is working<br>

Edited by bouboule

Guest nikkotsoi

THe USB no work for me

No possible to see the SD card on the PC

Nothing happens when i connect to USB port PC

set the usb mode in Windows mobile as storage card

plugin your usb

start haret.exe

Guest rom_omnia2

mount -t vfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p$fat32ms /storage iocharset=utf8

i have tried this in the "loadmod" file

NOT booting anymore=[

You have to write it into init.rc. There's a line there for mount my storage, just put iocharset=utf8 after /storage.

Hi voyteckst, great new version!

I installed it yesterday by doing a clean install as you say and test it all day long.

Everything is working perfectly, no problems so far!!! calls, usb, internet, wifi, gps and finally the RADIO :)

Just one thing I opened the radio application and I got a message to connect my headphones (as expected) so I connect them but the radio never turned on and at the end it crash. so I pull off the headphone, went to the home screen and checked that the radio was killed then, I plugin the headphones and opened the radio. this time the radio turn on and worked with no problem!!!

Thanks for you work Devs!!!

PS: what launcher is lighter or better? LauncherPro or ADWLauncher?

Hi voyteckst, great new version!

I installed it yesterday by doing a clean install as you say and test it all day long.

Everything is working perfectly, no problems so far!!! calls, usb, internet, wifi, gps and finally the RADIO :)

Just one thing I opened the radio application and I got a message to connect my headphones (as expected) so I connect them but the radio never turned on and at the end it crash. so I pull off the headphone, went to the home screen and checked that the radio was killed then, I plugin the headphones and opened the radio. this time the radio turn on and worked with no problem!!!

Thanks for you work Devs!!!

PS: what launcher is lighter or better? LauncherPro or ADWLauncher?

definitly LauncherPro, is faster lighter and better

first thx a lot to you guys behind this development.. i was using beta1 version for 2-3months happily without major problems.. its not totally perfect, but has a great functionality, i like it a lot.. few issues arised (sometime crashes and restarts without any visible reason, bluetooth & wifi connectivity stops suddenly etc, but no biggy..) before i update to beta2 i want to ask for advice: its related to win6.5 .. android is running as 'application' under winmob right? so, i just want to ask if by 'cutting off' everything running in windows (like spb, alarm/clocks for example) and stopping/uninstalling all applications which can possibly run on background within windows environment i can actually increase ram available for android? or is there just some 'hard' set chunk of memory for android so anything i will do with windows will not help to increase the available ram?

the reason why im asking is obvious, android is sometimes a bit laggish and im lookin for any source it can improve its functionality..

thx for help in advance

Guest marios32

Is it possible to revert to the old battery icon so we can see the percentage ? It's the only thing i would like to change :)

If not, I'll have to install a market app for that :P

Guest voyteckst
Is it possible to revert to the old battery icon so we can see the percentage ? It's the only thing i would like to change

If not, I'll have to install a market app for that

Check in spicagenmod settings. If it is not working, just install one of free apps from market.

first thx a lot to you guys behind this development.. i was using beta1 version for 2-3months happily without major problems.. its not totally perfect, but has a great functionality, i like it a lot.. few issues arised (sometime crashes and restarts without any visible reason, bluetooth & wifi connectivity stops suddenly etc, but no biggy..) before i update to beta2 i want to ask for advice: its related to win6.5 .. android is running as 'application' under winmob right? so, i just want to ask if by 'cutting off' everything running in windows (like spb, alarm/clocks for example) and stopping/uninstalling all applications which can possibly run on background within windows environment i can actually increase ram available for android? or is there just some 'hard' set chunk of memory for android so anything i will do with windows will not help to increase the available ram?

the reason why im asking is obvious, android is sometimes a bit laggish and im lookin for any source it can improve its functionality..

thx for help in advance

Android is not an application on top of WinMo, Haret.exe will completly shutdown WinMo and boot Android, you can search the forum to see how to improve speed and reduce lag, for example using no widgets in the home screen, avoiding too many background applications running, using a fast SDcard, etc.... search in the forum and read the Readme files and guides/tutorials other have made.

Android is not an application on top of WinMo, Haret.exe will completly shutdown WinMo and boot Android, you can search the forum to see how to improve speed and reduce lag, for example using no widgets in the home screen, avoiding too many background applications running, using a fast SDcard, etc.... search in the forum and read the Readme files and guides/tutorials other have made.

thank you for responding, i obviously know about widgets etc, thats stuff i did immediately.. so winmo is 'off'.. hmm, i was hoping that i can increase the system reactions a bit, coz its not really responsive (i mean its ok, but sumtimes i haf to wait more then 10 secs before some of the apps finally opens)..

do you think there is any speed/ram mngmnt improvement in beta2 version? because if not, im not (just because of fm radio - i wont use it anyway) goin to update...quite happy with everything in beta1, its only those response lags..

Guest synescu

Is it possible to revert to the old battery icon so we can see the percentage ? It's the only thing i would like to change :)

If not, I'll have to install a market app for that :P

you can try this. only preserves the battery icons of CMb1

cm_o2_update.tar.gz

Guest marios32

you can try this. only preserves the battery icons of CMb1

Do i do a clean install with it ? Or just put it in root with other files and boot ?

Thanks in advance by the way :)

Firstly, thank you devs for your hard work. :)

I would like to just confirm that if you use wifi and when the device goes to sleep, the connection breaks. Wifi can not find AP and restart needed. wpA2 config

I found beta 3 more stable for wifi.

thanks for any info you ca provide