[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

I have exactly the same problem.

Downloaded several times also.

Probably, the tar file must be corrupt.

Using tar (GNU tar) 1.25.

I hope this isn't going to be a serious problem.

I'm on the same channel ... I don't pass the "Android on Omnia II Loading..", I gave up, tried many different configs in startup.txt, , partition sizes, performance settings, etc. Now I'm using just WinMo, waiting for the next upgrade and check if it work for me.

Guest shoarmabakpao

I heard that if you press the camera button, that it won't launch.

Well If you press it lightly (what normally is autofocus on Windows Mobile) then camera app will launch!

I have exactly the same problem.

Downloaded several times also.

Probably, the tar file must be corrupt.

Using tar (GNU tar) 1.25.

I hope this isn't going to be a serious problem.

I'm on the same channel ... I don't pass the "Android on Omnia II Loading..", I gave up, tried many different configs in startup.txt, , partition sizes, performance settings, etc. Now I'm using just WinMo, waiting for the next upgrade and check if it work for me.

Guest hovensy

successfully updated market by replacing vending.apk and marketupdater.apk in system/app by root explorer..

thanks

Edited by hovensy

Guest ipaq3870

Anyone got problem with call waiting?

There's no call waiting indicator whatsoever...

I dug in to the radio log and it seems that there's an exception involving GET_CURRENT_CALLS when the 2nd call dials in. Any one has any idea on how to it?

D/RILC	( 2037): [UNSL]< UNSOL_CALL_RING 

D/RILC	( 2037): sendUnsolicitedResponses: multi client index=0, fd=24

D/RILC	( 2037): [UNSL]< UNSOL_CALL_RING 

D/RILJ	( 2150): [UNSL]< UNSOL_CALL_RING [C@464a94b0

D/PHONE   ( 2150): Event EVENT_CALL_RING Received state=OFFHOOK

D/RILC	( 2037): [UNSL]< UNSOL_RESPONSE_CALL_STATE_CHANGED 

D/RILC	( 2037): sendUnsolicitedResponses: multi client index=0, fd=24

D/RILC	( 2037): [UNSL]< UNSOL_RESPONSE_CALL_STATE_CHANGED 

D/RILJ	( 2150): [UNSL]< UNSOL_RESPONSE_CALL_STATE_CHANGED

D/RILJ	( 2150): [0395]> GET_CURRENT_CALLS

D/RILC	( 2037): [0395]> GET_CURRENT_CALLS 

D/RILC	( 2037): [0395]< GET_CURRENT_CALLS {[id=1,ACTIVE,toa=129,norm,mo,als=0,voc,noevp,24680,cli=0,name='(null)',0][id=2,WAITING,toa=129,norm,mt,als=0,voc,noevp,13579,cli=0,name='(null)',0}

V/RILJ	( 2150): Incoming UUS : NOT present!

D/RILJ	( 2150): InCall VoicePrivacy is disabled

W/RILJ	( 2150): [0395]< GET_CURRENT_CALLS exception, possible invalid RIL response

W/RILJ	( 2150): com.android.internal.telephony.ATParseEx: illegal presentation 3342388

W/RILJ	( 2150):  	at com.android.internal.telephony.DriverCall.presentationFromCLIP(DriverCall.java:141)

W/RILJ	( 2150):  	at com.android.internal.telephony.RIL.responseCallList(RIL.java:2895)

W/RILJ	( 2150):  	at com.android.internal.telephony.RIL.processSolicited(RIL.java:2154)

W/RILJ	( 2150):  	at com.android.internal.telephony.RIL.processResponse(RIL.java:2097)

W/RILJ	( 2150):  	at com.android.internal.telephony.RIL.access$400(RIL.java:207)

W/RILJ	( 2150):  	at com.android.internal.telephony.RIL$RILReceiver.run(RIL.java:542)

W/RILJ	( 2150):  	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:1096)

Guest problematika

I have same problem with Wi-Fi. I reinstalled adroid becouse of that problem and same thing happens now. "unable to scan networks". That happens only after I did a first reboot to windows (after installation). When I boot Android again I'm not able to scan for Wi-Fi (and cannot connect to wireless). Any suggestion? Couse I cant do a fresh installation everytime when I did reboot to windows. Pls help?

Guest erikcas

successfully updated market by replacing vending.apk and marketupdater.apk in system/app by root explorer..

thanks

I left that out for B761 releases, on purpose. The latest market editions are soooo slow.

Even on my brand new galaxy S2....

Edited by erikcas

Guest _AngeL_

Hi!! Thanks for that ROM! It's awesome!!

But I can't use the root permision!! When any program try to access root, it blocks.

How can i root that ROM?? How can I install SuperUser app??

Thanks!!!

Guest problematika

Any help with my problem with Wi-Fi? Twice I have same problem! "unable to scan networks"...and wi fi turns off....no metter what I do. Pls any suggestion?

Guest ipaq3870

Any help with my problem with Wi-Fi? Twice I have same problem! "unable to scan networks"...and wi fi turns off....no metter what I do. Pls any suggestion?

Did you try deleting /data/misc/wifi/bcm_supp.conf ?

Guest nnkarthikn

i m installing cm beta 2 automatic installation in external SD.

Installation completed. Phone gets restarted.

After rebooting clicked haret.exe.

Thn phone hangs showing "Android on Omnia II Loading.."

Guest haze028

I'm trying, and failing, to install cm beta 2 on internal storage. This may be because it makes reference to the startup.txt that comes in the root of the package, not the o2 folder, which is not in the beta 2 package. Unless i'm missing something, I think i need a startup.txt from a previous package, froyo beta links are down.

Any help with installing this on internal storage would be greatly appreciated, as i was forced into giving my sd card to my wife and have not purchased another yet.

Edit: Got it installed, turns out i'm an idiot and somehow skipped past the sample startup.txt in the second post... guess i can't comment on others who don't read again :/

Edited by haze028

Guest AlexandreBH

Just to make sure I'm getting this right: sleep of death is still a issue, right? I've managed to install this on internal memory (don't have a SD) and still facing this bug.

Guest nnkarthikn

i m installing cm beta 2 automatic install package in external SD.

Where i m goin wrong.. pls help

Guest nnkarthikn

automatic install on external sd.

This is the start up txt in my mystorage root folder. Is any error in the txt file.

"

Set kernel zImage

Set ramsize 180*1024*1024

Set mtype 1626

Set ramaddr 0x50000000

Set kernelcrc 1

Set CMDLINE "rootdelay=2 root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 init=/init console=ttySAC2,115200 vmalloc=256M"

setbitp 0x7F008808 5 1

pfw 0x7f005800 4 0x3

pfw 0x7f005804 4 0x805

pfw 0x7f005808 4 0x7

pfw 0x7f00580c 4 0x0

pfw 0x7f005828 4 0x11

pfw 0x7f00582c 4 0x80

boot

"

Guest shoarmabakpao

Just to make sure I'm getting this right: sleep of death is still a issue, right? I've managed to install this on internal memory (don't have a SD) and still facing this bug.

Nope. I am using CMBeta2 since they released it and never had a SOD =)

I use the normal SD-card install and my SDcard is an 8GB Class 10 so it's alot faster than internal.

Guest ipaq3870

@kgp700

config.hz to 500hz

I can't get dpram.ko to power on the phone radio when changing CONFIG_HZ to values other than 500.... Do you have any idea what's wrong?

Guest Scorgan

i m installing cm beta 2 automatic install package in external SD.

Where i m goin wrong.. pls help

For me, Android only starts when I activate the phone part in Windows Mobile, but don't enter the PIN code. That is, my phone is running, but I'm not logged into any provider network. In any other state, Android keeps hanging in "Android on Omnia II Loading ..."

Try it.

Guest shockwavenl

For some reason im running into this:

Finally i had a good homescreen with widgets an shortcuts etc etc.

so now and often most dissappear and some widgets are saying: problem loading widget.

And then i have to put all things on my homescreen again.. so start all over, thats really annoying when you need certain thingsmad.gif

the rest of beta 2 works flawlessly but im still thinking to switch to another phone within few monthsunsure.gif

Guest _AngeL_

Hi!! Thanks for that ROM! It's awesome!!

But I can't use the root permision!! When any program try to access root, it blocks.

How can i root that ROM?? How can I install SuperUser app??

Thanks!!!

What about ROOT?? Pleeeeeeeeeeeaseeeeeeeee!!

Guest hovensy

I left that out for B761 releases, on purpose. The latest market editions are soooo slow.

Even on my brand new galaxy S2....

mine loads ok.. old market loads fast but the seach does not show complete results, only first 3 searches are shown although it states that many related apps are found.

Guest _AngeL_

Please repair 'e' key on your keyboard. It seems to be stuck.

My 'e' key is ok..... please, help me. Anyone have ROOT permissions in that ROM?? I don't have!!

Please explain me how to ROOT that ROM!

Thanks