[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest eric liew

Drivers are included, don't download seperately

As described. Put renamed files on root on my storage where haret is. Run haret, afterwards reboot

didnt work bro...now after i reinstall the whole thing my wifi can connect but not moving/no downloads. Dang!

seems like i screw up......

Guest vakaloka

@ipaq3870 by the way, your services.jar makes my phone freeze on Android on Omnia II Loading... screen(with original zImage), i would post a logcat If it worked with this file.

Edited by vakaloka

Guest nikkotsoi

hi guys, haven't been following for some time but wowzers and hats down to the Team with the Cyano beta 2 updates.

i downloaded and run the autoinstaller and installed to SD card. tested everything and yeah it's a sweet candy.

i got 1 problem left though, a big 1 too... my Phone isn't working.

i check the txt file... Notes:

1. If phone is not working for You (it's missing WCDMA 1900 frequency), just use standard JJ1 image. To do this rename cm_update_wm.sh script to cm_o2_update.sh re-run android and after update reboot. (cm_update_i65.sh script is to back to standard beta phone image).

how do i fix this? step by step, where should i put the script file and execute it? i use android terminal and ./ the file at My storage and reboot...and it Hangs at booting page. Loading omnia 2....

anyone can help? please advise.

try do another clean install before u apply the patch

And by the way, there seems to be a problem with the B1/B2 build that triggers re-scan of every single installed package during boot. I patched the package manager service and re-instated the correct behaviour, and now it takes half the time to boot. The time saving is enormous. In case you want to try, apply the attached services.jar, clear dalvik cache, reboot, and enjoy. First time reboot should be very slow due to cache being re-created. YMMV. No warranty or guarantee of course :-)

Thank you very much. Now reboot is x2 faster than before. I haven't tried the call think but I guess it's alright.

I inserted in ext4.tar.gz with total commander and did a fresh install and worked right from the beginning.

Guest honggi

When I reading ebook in the middle night, I found the screen is too lighter because the back-light is still open.

I cannot disable the lcd back-light.

Does anybody know how to disable the lcd back-light ?

Guest shoarmabakpao

When I reading ebook in the middle night, I found the screen is too lighter because the back-light is still open.

I cannot disable the lcd back-light.

Does anybody know how to disable the lcd back-light ?

Download Screen Filter from Google Play. You can lower the oppacity of your screen by alot =)

Guest ipaq3870

@ipaq3870 by the way, your services.jar makes my phone freeze on Android on Omnia II Loading... screen(with original zImage), i would post a logcat If it worked with this file.

From what you described, it may appear you have problems other than that from service.jar. Try detaching USB cord before booting and see if you can get past the Loading splash screen to the animated logo. Anyhow if you can get adb to connect, a dmeg and logcat could be useful for troubleshooting.

Guest honggi

Download Screen Filter from Google Play. You can lower the oppacity of your screen by alot =)

Yes, I download it and found it is very nice for me.

Thank u very much.

Guest Atrophos

Errr sorry i am new . but is there any possible That we can update the service.jar and Framework without linux ?

Sorry for my poor english

Guest Atrophos

Errr sorry i am new . but is there any possible That we can update the service.jar and Framework without linux ?

Guest acsel10

Hi all guys,

i've one question about the market installed on our CM Beta2...It's possible to update without problem ? If is possible how can i upgrade this old market app with the newest goole play store app ?

Thanks in advance for any suggest...

Guest shoarmabakpao

Tried. But It put paste failed even with superuser.

Just use root explorer.... It will work. But do NOT try to change framework_res.apk with that since you will brick android!

Sorry i am new . but is there any possible That we can update the service.jar and Framework without linux ?

Under windows mobile put this update in My Storage and than boot to Android.

Don't forget to clear davlik chache.

cm_o2_update.tar.gz

Edited by bf5

Guest Atrophos

Sorry i am new . but is there any possible That we can update the service.jar and Framework without linux ?

Thanks.

Guest Atrophos

Just use root explorer.... It will work. But do NOT try to change framework_res.apk with that since you will brick android!

Can your tweaks work like that? Copy and paste .

Guest Atrophos

errr can we use the pre install terminal emulator?

Edited by Atrophos

Guest shoarmabakpao

Can your tweaks work like that? Copy and paste .

Yea, there should be no problem. But you do need to reboot after you pasted my tweaks.

Guest hovensy

Hi all guys,

i've one question about the market installed on our CM Beta2...It's possible to update without problem ? If is possible how can i upgrade this old market app with the newest goole play store app ?

Thanks in advance for any suggest...

to be exact.. you should also update market updater apk.. first time you opened (with internet connection) it will update to google play just install..

Copy by root explorer then reboot... because old market will be deleted (no icons)... HTH

Guest shoarmabakpao

to be exact.. you should also update market updater apk.. first time you opened (with internet connection) it will update to google play just install..

Copy by root explorer then reboot... because old market will be deleted (no icons)... HTH

I tried to upgrade my market a few days ago and it resulted in force closes :(

I tried many versions. Some from Froyo 2.2 from LG GT540, tried from an gingerbread rom also from a ICS rom. I could not download the old beta since it was going at a whopping 2 bytes a second!

Guest nikkotsoi

I tried to upgrade my market a few days ago and it resulted in force closes :(

I tried many versions. Some from Froyo 2.2 from LG GT540, tried from an gingerbread rom also from a ICS rom. I could not download the old beta since it was going at a whopping 2 bytes a second!

which file do you want ?

Guest Blue Ember

Guys I dream today about new update for our omnia it's rom of android special for omnia 2 and WM deleted I wish it will be happen

We supporting U Development keep on and make it