[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest nikkotsoi

No.

Are you guys having holidays?or just no progress has made?

Not trying to push you

we know this project has been slowed down :lol: just want to know some news ;)

Guest chead

and what about GPS? Some guys sad that their GPS isn't working and mine isn't working either. Is there any solution? I was trying to fix it, but it wasn't successful..So is there any possibility to I dont know maybe copy settings from froyo beta 2, where GPS was working? There has to be something bad because it's impossible to find any satelites..thx

Guest olivex

I installed CM beta 2 yesterday on my I8000. It works but there is something very weird to me. When I enable WiFi and search for hot spots, it finds many nearby APs but not my own! I have been using my Wifi AP for many years and all my other devices including Nokia phone, desktop PC (Windows), iPad, Samsung tablet, or this I8000 when running Windows mobile 6.5, can find it! This is so strange to me. I tried disabing security (WPA2 change to WEP, or even none) but no use. Any clue?

Guest nikkotsoi

I installed CM beta 2 yesterday on my I8000. It works but there is something very weird to me. When I enable WiFi and search for hot spots, it finds many nearby APs but not my own! I have been using my Wifi AP for many years and all my other devices including Nokia phone, desktop PC (Windows), iPad, Samsung tablet, or this I8000 when running Windows mobile 6.5, can find it! This is so strange to me. I tried disabing security (WPA2 change to WEP, or even none) but no use. Any clue?

try restart your android ? and your router ?

Guest olivex

try restart your android ? and your router ?

I tried both but no success. This is very odd because it finds as many APs as my other devices do (although I cannot connect to them as they are not mine), EXCEPT my own. What's the difference between my own AP and others? I can only think of one, that for my own AP, my I8000 (the same device that I installed cm beta 2) has connected to it when running on Windows Mobile. But I think the new installed cm beta 2 should have no idea that its WM neighbor has connected to that!

Guest shoarmabakpao

No.

hey! Long time no see!

That Xperia Neo V is a nice phone! Hope you are enjoying that fabelous thing!

By the way, the last progress you posted as far as I remember was regarding the HDPI built. I am curious about that ^_^

Also you could merge click me! :D the one you need it TweaksV6. With those scripts merged to our android others do not need to do it manually again ^_^

The way CM Beta2 works with TweaksV6 (I posted TweaksV5 a month ago) is great. The UI is with certain launchers now 100% lagfree =)

Just a snappier device would be great. I read somewhere that Tom3q found a problem in the memory. yo! click me!

I do not know if that helps any to our O2. Also at samdroid, they got ICS for the spica aswell :o I do have to say that ICS is way faster than Gingerbread but that you must've already known =)

Edited by shoarmabakpao

Guest lelik67

I installed CM beta 2 and Openvpn app came pre-installed.

However, I cannot find tun.ko module. Am I missing something?

Please, advise.

Guest voyteckst

hey! Long time no see!

That Xperia Neo V is a nice phone! Hope you are enjoying that fabelous thing!

By the way, the last progress you posted as far as I remember was regarding the HDPI built. I am curious about that ^_^

Also you could merge click me! :D the one you need it TweaksV6. With those scripts merged to our android others do not need to do it manually again ^_^

The way CM Beta2 works with TweaksV6 (I posted TweaksV5 a month ago) is great. The UI is with certain launchers now 100% lagfree =)

Just a snappier device would be great. I read somewhere that Tom3q found a problem in the memory. yo! click me!

I do not know if that helps any to our O2. Also at samdroid, they got ICS for the spica aswell :o I do have to say that ICS is way faster than Gingerbread but that you must've already known =)

I don't have my O2, so cannot do anything without it. In first post there are all sources provided - android on github (without FM radio, updated kernel on o2droid svn). You can use it. You can also contact erikcas who has B7610, but is doing something with CM7/GB as far as I know. To run GB/CM7 there is mater of porting tom3q's openfimg to our kernel and compile android libs.

Guest chead

what is this forum for? someone ask a questin and no one replie..So to solve this GPS problem I saw some posts and there were that their GPS is not working either..so is your GPS working? Just want to see if it is only problem of instalation or if it is problem of this froyo realease..I would be so happy if any of you replie..thank you

Guest erikcas
what is this forum for? someone ask a questin and no one replie..So to solve this GPS problem I saw some posts and there were that their GPS is not working either..so is your GPS working? Just want to see if it is only problem of instalation or if it is problem of this froyo realease..I would be so happy if any of you replie..thank you

I think the fact no one replies probably means no one recognizes this and it might indicate this is an individual problem.

Guest shoarmabakpao

My GPS is working fine. Does GPS work on Windows Mobile?

Guest erikcas

I don't have my O2, so cannot do anything without it. In first post there are all sources provided - android on github (without FM radio, updated kernel on o2droid svn). You can use it. You can also contact erikcas who has B7610, but is doing something with CM7/GB as far as I know. To run GB/CM7 there is mater of porting tom3q's openfimg to our kernel and compile android libs.

As a matter of fact I am playing around with CM7. It is slow but working. Also doing some with GB from original google source which is quite fast but having some other problems. Biggest problem and that goes for both are the 2D3D drivers. It works for normal phone use but for gaming it is totally insufficient.

On the other hand, I am currently testing an updated froyo 2.2.3 which seems to be very promising.

@ Voyteckst, your device and vendor forks on github don't need modifications to build an image with working wifi? Maybe I can produce a testversion with your device and vendor forks combined with updated sources for I8000 to be tested?

On B7610 I am experiencing some mayor improvements.

Guest nikkotsoi

As a matter of fact I am playing around with CM7. It is slow but working. Also doing some with GB from original google source which is quite fast but having some other problems. Biggest problem and that goes for both are the 2D3D drivers. It works for normal phone use but for gaming it is totally insufficient.

On the other hand, I am currently testing an updated froyo 2.2.3 which seems to be very promising.

@ Voyteckst, your device and vendor forks on github don't need modifications to build an image with working wifi? Maybe I can produce a testversion with your device and vendor forks combined with updated sources for I8000 to be tested?

is it very difficult to use the 3d driver from spica ?

they got pretty high score in benchmark@@!

Guest voyteckst

Wifi should work fine. But I have to update framework on github with Sandor's sources with FMRadio.

is it very difficult to use the 3d driver from spica ?

they got pretty high score in benchmark@@!

Yes because driver must be ported from kernel 3.0 to 2.6.32.9. I don't know how much time it will take. It's not only matter of libs.

Besides spica screen resolution is 4 times lower if i calculate correctly (that's not half). That's why their benchmarks are better. Additionally their current kernel has optimized memory etc...

Edited by voyteckst

Guest chead

My GPS is working fine. Does GPS work on Windows Mobile?

yes it's working now, it was very slow..it wanted about 20 minutes to find some sattelites and I had been thinking that it was too long and it was broken..Fortunatly it is working now..so if somone have same issue as me with it just download the gpsfix from the market and wait for 15 minutes.

Guest voyteckst

yes it's working now, it was very slow..it wanted about 20 minutes to find some sattelites and I had been thinking that it was too long and it was broken..Fortunatly it is working now..so if somone have same issue as me with it just download the gpsfix from the market and wait for 15 minutes.

Somewhere in the first 3 posts there is info that sometimes for the first fix You have to wait a bit (don't know why). Next fixes should be fast. Have You read that?

Guest olivex

I tried both but no success. This is very odd because it finds as many APs as my other devices do (although I cannot connect to them as they are not mine), EXCEPT my own. What's the difference between my own AP and others? I can only think of one, that for my own AP, my I8000 (the same device that I installed cm beta 2) has connected to it when running on Windows Mobile. But I think the new installed cm beta 2 should have no idea that its WM neighbor has connected to that!

Anyone has any hint or clue?

Guest enriquedopico

What is channel router? You mean the Wifi (I use 802.11G) channel? Thanks.

No, channel is 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14

Bye

Guest olivex

No, channel is 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14

Bye

Yes I understood correctly but expressed unclearly. So I will try to set my router to channel 1. Currently it's 11 I think. Buy why so?