[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest erikcas

That made me LOL haha :P

Well, I had this phone since the month it was released. I never throw away a used phone, just so that I won't forget my experience with it ^_^ This is a hardware failure caused by my own actions. I swum with it in June 2010 in turkey in Lime Water (that is BAD for electronics!) That must have caused to rust from the inside :(

I will try to use the 'Oven Method' to fix my phone by putting the motherboard of my phone in the oven. I used such a method previously for the GPU of my laptop which still works :)

Well, same goes for me, had OmniaPro since releasemonth too. And it did swim, several times, last time 2 years ago in Siofok Hungary (2 times in one day think it must have to do with lots of bacardi-cola starting early in the afternoon. Went for a swim in the lake while texting and took it to a foam-party, only God may know why I went there, late that night :P)

Only had camera replaced, no problems whatsoever on the inside according to the guy who replaced the cam

Edited by erikcas

Guest shoarmabakpao

Well, same goes for me, had OmniaPro since releasemonth too. And it did swim, several times, last time 2 years ago in Siofok Hungary (2 times in one day think it must have to do with lots of bacardi-cola starting early in the afternoon. Went for a swim in the lake while texting and took it to a foam-party, only God may know why I went there, late that night :P)

Only had camera replaced, no problems whatsoever on the inside according to the guy who replaced the cam

Whahah XDD Seems like I am not the only one that does crazy things xD My phone swum in Lime water so that's alot worse than normal water =S I swum in it for around 20 minutes XD I am very unlucky and you got very lucky :P

Guest thanh_nha0706

Me too.

This project brings our i8000 to a new level

Let me enjoy android

Let me learn about partition, linux, ubuntu , android system

Other than enjoying the android system ,the games, on our phone

I learn a lot from this project

And lastly , I can see that the developer are selfless

They do so much and contribute to our i8000 and don't ask for any returns

Really, Thank you very much ,sincerely

You're right! I learnt alot through this project as well :)

Guest nikkotsoi

That made me LOL haha :P

Well, I had this phone since the month it was released. I never throw away a used phone, just so that I won't forget my experience with it ^_^ This is a hardware failure caused by my own actions. I swum with it in June 2010 in turkey in Lime Water (that is BAD for electronics!) That must have caused to rust from the inside :(

I will try to use the 'Oven Method' to fix my phone by putting the motherboard of my phone in the oven. I used such a method previously for the GPU of my laptop which still works :)

my old 8800gts 320 has died also

is the oven method really works ??

will it cause some smell in your kitchen x-x?

Guest xheretic

I'm working in one unnamed servis center and all of these oven methods seem to me very awful.

Only ONE possible option is immediatelly disconnenect device from source of power, disassemble and wash in the pool of isopropylene alcohol.

Only advice ;)

Guest shorty-nr1

Hello,

extend the battery running time, I would like to try the magnetic field sensor and orientation sensor to turn off.

How can I disable magnetic field sensor and orientation sensor?

Rotation is disabled, orientation sensor but runs weoter (orientation sensor is not disabled)?

I do not know if you disable of magnetic field sensor and the sensor reaches Orientirungs longer battery run time?

Excuse my bad Enlisch.

Thank you!

(I wrote this at the Google translator)

post-930930-0-89065400-1336928523_thumb.

post-930930-0-46063900-1336928539_thumb.

post-930930-0-33031300-1336928549_thumb.

post-930930-0-96329100-1336928561_thumb.

Guest shoarmabakpao

my old 8800gts 320 has died also

is the oven method really works ??

will it cause some smell in your kitchen x-x?

Yeah it sure does :P Your kitchen might smell awfull when baking it but the smell will go away quickly :)

Just pre-heat your around 200 degree's, put it in for 10 minutes with the GPU facing UP. After the 10minutes (oven shut down) let it sit in there for like 5 minutes and then get it out and just leave it. Don't touch the card! Leave the GPU for around 1-2 hours to let it fully cool down. Then cross your fingers and try it out!

I yet have to try this for my omnia2 :D Soo busy with my exams right now :(

@xheretic

Yea, but I am not allowed to get my hands on that :( I only got 70% isopropyl alcohol which is bad for electronics T_T

Edited by shoarmabakpao

Guest AoSra1n

Hey, I just bought a new phone, Thanks for everything. My 2 year journey with the Omnia 2 has come to an end. Will only be using this as a backup phone now. The wonderful android experience has made me buy the new HTC One X. Thanks once again to all developers and support community.

Guest aafi-rocks
<br />

Don&amp;#39;t worry about 360 Launcher. It&amp;#39;s slowly and laggy for sure. I&amp;#39;ve tried it some days ago, and it&amp;#39;s quite far from LauncherPRO.<br />

Hi all,

Here is a video for 360 launcher on Omnia.<br />

Edited by aafi-rocks

Guest ipaq3870

Ok guys/gals, I have posted some experimental builds of my kernel. I figure it'd more productive and manageable for it to live in a separate thread. Please come over there if you are interested.

Guest dpspcdrgn

When the device don't have a SDcard inserted some values change (mmcblk1p to mmcblk0p). Have you done it? Is your swap working (open terminal and type: free)? Just follow the guide but revert the vold.fstab change in step 3. Also change your fstab file from "mmcblk1p3" to "mmcblk0p3". And so on with the others files, just DON'T change your startup.txt since you are already booting.

When the device don't have a SDcard inserted some values change (mmcblk1p to mmcblk0p). Have you done it? Is your swap working (open terminal and type: free)? Just follow the guide but revert the vold.fstab change in step 3. Also change your fstab file from "mmcblk1p3" to "mmcblk0p3". And so on with the others files, just DON'T change your startup.txt since you are already booting.

I tried your suggestions but I still can not get the camera to detect my sdcard partition as the sdcard. Also, I noticed that in cyanogenmod beta2 the init.rc file has a lot of 'mount vfat /yadayada' lines commented out, and line 121 'mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p5 /storage # moved to loadmod.

I Thank you for all of your help :)

Guest rom_omnia2

I tried your suggestions but I still can not get the camera to detect my sdcard partition as the sdcard. Also, I noticed that in cyanogenmod beta2 the init.rc file has a lot of 'mount vfat /yadayada' lines commented out, and line 121 'mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p5 /storage # moved to loadmod.

I Thank you for all of your help :)

mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p5 /storage # moved to loadmod[/CODE]

This is used to mount "My Storage" fat32 partition at /storage. But since we are already using "My Storage" fat32 partition as SD-card, it isn't necessary at all.

As i said before, when you don't have a SD-card inserted you need to change some values. Take a look in the guide again and perform this changes. If it don't work, you'll need to post here how you formatted your My Storage partition so we can try to help you. Cheers.

[spoiler][i]/system/etc/vold.fstab[/i] is the file you need to change. Try this:

[font=Arial][color=#222222]dev_mount sdcard /sdcard auto /devices/platform/s3c-sdhci.[b]1[/b]/mmc_host/mmc [b]0[/b][/color][/font]

or

[font=Arial][color=#222222]dev_mount sdcard /sdcard auto /devices/platform/s3c-sdhci.[b]0[/b]/mmc_host/mmc[b]0[/b][/color][/font]

or

d[font=Arial][color=#222222]ev_mount sdcard /sdcard auto /devices/platform/s3c-sdhci.[b]0[/b]/mmc_host/mmc[b]1[/b][/color][/font]

Yeah, i'm not sure. If anyone knows the right value at vold.fstab for a non-sdcard inserted, please tell us.

[/spoiler]

Edited by rom_omnia2

Guest dpspcdrgn

mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p5 /storage # moved to loadmod
This is used to mount "My Storage" fat32 partition at /storage. But since we are already using "My Storage" fat32 partition as SD-card, it isn't necessary at all. As i said before, when you don't have a SD-card inserted you need to change some values. Take a look in the guide again and perform this changes. If it don't work, you'll need to post here how you formatted your My Storage partition so we can try to help you. Cheers.
/system/etc/vold.fstab is the file you need to change. Try this: dev_mount sdcard /sdcard auto /devices/platform/s3c-sdhci.1/mmc_host/mmc 0 or dev_mount sdcard /sdcard auto /devices/platform/s3c-sdhci.0/mmc_host/mmc0 or dev_mount sdcard /sdcard auto /devices/platform/s3c-sdhci.0/mmc_host/mmc1 Yeah, i'm not sure. If anyone knows the right value at vold.fstab for a non-sdcard inserted, please tell us.
mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p5 /storage # moved to loadmod[/code]

This is used to mount "My Storage" fat32 partition at /storage. But since we are already using "My Storage" fat32 partition as SD-card, it isn't necessary at all.

As i said before, when you don't have a SD-card inserted you need to change some values. Take a look in the guide again and perform this changes. If it don't work, you'll need to post here how you formatted your My Storage partition so we can try to help you. Cheers.

[spoiler][i]/system/etc/vold.fstab[/i] is the file you need to change. Try this:

[font=Arial]dev_mount sdcard /sdcard auto /devices/platform/s3c-sdhci.[b]1[/b]/mmc_host/mmc [b]0[/b][/font]

or

[font=Arial]dev_mount sdcard /sdcard auto /devices/platform/s3c-sdhci.[b]0[/b]/mmc_host/mmc[b]0[/b][/font]

or

d[font=Arial]ev_mount sdcard /sdcard auto /devices/platform/s3c-sdhci.[b]0[/b]/mmc_host/mmc[b]1[/b][/font]

Yeah, i'm not sure. If anyone knows the right value at vold.fstab for a non-sdcard inserted, please tell us.

[/spoiler]

I followed the guide to the letter and made the changes as you suggested to no avail. I have successfully done the same thing on the froyo beta builds and I am far from a linux expert but certainly am not a linux noob. (I use backtrack 5 for pentesting)

I have also tried changing almost every instance of mmcblk to 0p3, 0p1 etc. and just can't seem to get it working.

I will give you a breakdown of my install and prep process and perhaps you can help me figure it out from there (please :D). Again, thank-you very much for the help! My Wife and I adore the port, we just need to get this sdcard thing working! :)

I have my partitions done just as in the tutorial, excluding that I use mini-tool wizard in place of gparted. I have used gparted as well to create them but find the former easier to use (as well I can do the format before running my linux vm) and have the partitions set up thusly:

1) Primary / Fat32 / 14.x Gb / label=sdcard

2) Primary / Ext4 / 1 Gb / label=system

3) Primary / linux-swap / 128 Mb

I then follow the guide, mount and untar ext4.tar.gz into system. Then I copy haret, zimage, and the startup.txt you provided me to the partition labelled sdcard.

I then do the edits exactly as in the guide = camera app 'no sd card inserted' message. (as well, any other progs that need sd fail)

I then try the edits exactly as you suggested = same problem. :/

I have actually spent the last two days editing these mmcblk values hoping to get things working and still I can not get my sdcard partition to mount as my sdcard.

What follows is the relevant section of my init.rc file and as I mentioned previously it has a lot of values commented out with #'s. As well as the reference to the loadmod file. Perhaps I should be 'commenting' some of these 'un-commented' lines?

Pardon me for not understanding this all so well. I am on a very annoying medication for hypertension called Avalide and it sometimes causes me some mental fog. ><

[u]Init.rc lines 115 to 121[/u]

# We chown/chmod /data again so because mount is run as root + defaults

# mount yaffs2 mtd@userdata /data nosuid nodev

# mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p2 /system/sd

# mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk0p5 /sdcard

chown system system /mnt/sdcard

chmod 0777 /mnt/sdcard

# mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p5 /storage # moved to loadmod

--In the above lines I follow the directions and change the 'mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p5 /storage' to 'mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk[i]0p1[/i] /storage' but it is commented out so does nothing correct? Also, I have tried changing the corresponding value in the 'loadmod' file with no positive result.

Thank-you again for your time and patience. :)

Guest rom_omnia2

I'm sorry, i couldn't figure out what is the problem yet. Just to make sure, try the following settings:

init.rc:

Make sure this is it:

export EXTERNAL_STORAGE /mnt/sdcard
Uncomment this line:
#	mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk0p5 /sdcard[/code]

And change as follow:

[code]mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 /sdcard[/code]
[b]loadmod:[/b] Change this lines:
[code]fat32ms=`parted /dev/block/mmcblk0 print|grep fat32|awk '{print $1}'`[/code]
[code]mount -t vfat /dev/block/mmcblk0p$fat32ms /storage[/code]
[b]/system/etc/fstab:[/b]
[code]/dev/block/mmcblk0p3 swap swap defaults 0 0[/code]
[b]/system/etc/vold.fstab:[/b]
[CODE]dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard auto /devices/platform/s3c-sdhci.1/mmc_host/mmc1[/code]

When you boot, open your file manager and take a look at /storage, /mnt/sdcard and /sdcard. Should display your My Storage FAT partition.

If it's showing, fine. But Android and others applications may still not recognize it as SDcard, because of vold.fstab. Since you can see your files, you may try again those values that i said before on last page.

Guest shoarmabakpao

Hey, I made my phone but it seems like it refuses to charge right. Just when I see my homescreen on Windows Mobile it justs shuts off with it's shutdown logo. It also gives me a warning about my battery being empty. Been charging for 4 hours now. tried the stock Samsung charger, Sony Ericsson X10 charger, LG GT540 Charger, an intel PC, an AMD pc, an laptop. Tried 3 different cables when charing with the pc/laptop, still a no go :(

I posted it here because I think this part of the forum is the most active of them all.

Guest aafi-rocks

Hey, I made my phone but it seems like it refuses to charge right. Just when I see my homescreen on Windows Mobile it justs shuts off with it's shutdown logo.

I guess this is an issue with your phone battery..

Guest dpspcdrgn

I'm sorry, i couldn't figure out what is the problem yet. Just to make sure, try the following settings:

Dude! It worked!!! Thank-you so much! :) I can not thank you enough for taking the time to help me out, everything on my phone works great now! Good battery time too!!! YAYAYAYAYA!!!!!! :D

May the Great Spirit Bless and watch over you all! :)

Edited by dpspcdrgn

Guest rom_omnia2

You're welcome, but is camera/galery app working?

dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard auto /devices/platform/s3c-sdhci.1/mmc_host/mmc1[/CODE]

This line did it?

Weird... so vold.fstab uses a different system to manage available devices/blocks. Normally it's zero when there's no sd-card inserted.

Guest dpspcdrgn

Yeah, I thought it was odd myself but I am soo happy nonetheless! :D

Ok, I have one more question; Gen.y Dualboot gives me either a missing android message, or with the registry change I get 'An error occurred on sub__main_androidexistcheck'. I have looked all over this forum and xda and can not seem to find the fix for my problem. Can someone help with this thing as well?

Edited by dpspcdrgn

Guest PaSxaLak0s

Hey guys!

I had installed CM Beta2 on SD card and my O2 was working fine for some time

Suddenly, one day I tried to launch android but it couldn't go past the green logo screen

It just kept loading and loading and didn't boot no matter how many times I tried

I formated my phone and the SD card and tried to install CM Beta2 from the beginning but it didn't work

It stays on the black screen with the letters and numbers and nothing is happening...as if the process stops at some point

Any help?

:(

Edited by PaSxaLak0s

Guest ipaq3870

Ok, I have one more question; Gen.y Dualboot gives me either a missing android message, or with the registry change I get 'An error occurred on sub__main_androidexistcheck'. I have looked all over this forum and xda and can not seem to find the fix for my problem. Can someone help with this thing as well?

USB changed to mass storage mode in settings?

Hey guys!

I had installed CM Beta2 on SD card and my O2 was working fine for some time

Suddenly, one day I tried to launch android but it couldn't go past the green logo screen

It just kept loading and loading and didn't boot no matter how many times I tried

There's known problems with the beta2 kernel when USB is connected during boot. Unplug it before bootup may help in most cases.

Guest PaSxaLak0s

USB changed to mass storage mode in settings?

There's known problems with the beta2 kernel when USB is connected during boot. Unplug it before bootup may help in most cases.

I tried that, didn't work

But now the problem isn't that it's not booting

I can't install the android from the beginning

At some point at the black screen when it's extracting it's like stopping...i left it for about 1 hour and it didn't move on

Guest rom_omnia2

I tried that, didn't work

But now the problem isn't that it's not booting

I can't install the android from the beginning

At some point at the black screen when it's extracting it's like stopping...i left it for about 1 hour and it didn't move on

Don't forgot to follow the requirements:

- untouched My Storage with automatic installer content

- ext4.tar.gz from manual install package

- at least 2GB SD card (class 6 at least will be enough) with one FAT32 partition or with 2 partitions (FAT32 + ext2/3/4)

I used to have this problem, don't matter what, even with a fresh installation didn't boot. I solved it formating my partition with GParted (Linux).

Edited by rom_omnia2

Guest PaSxaLak0s

- at least 2GB SD card (class 6 at least will be enough) with one FAT32 partition or with 2 partitions (FAT32 + ext2/3/4)
I used to have this problem, don't matter what, even with a fresh installation didn't boot. I solved it formating my partition with GParted (Linux).

Done

Done

Done

I don't know what is wrong :/