[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest nemesis81

I've been trying to install the new froyo for a while now, but I'm not getting anywhere. My PC is running windows, and I used Minitool partition wizard to create a 1024mb ext4 partition and the rest of my 8 gb sdcard are fat32. But as soon as I have 2 partitions on my sdcard, windows won't recognise it anymore, so i can't put froyo on it. So I then put the sdcard in my phone, connected it to the pc, but all i get is one partition on the sd card, the ext4 one. Could somebody please tell me how I can solve the problem and get froyo up and runnin?

thank you

Use the ubuntu live CD. That way you can run linux, wich recognizes ext4 partitions, and put the files on it.

There is a tutorial video on youtube from some bloke called jerrytech, it shows you how it's done.

good luck.

Guest Pazuzu666

Use the ubuntu live CD. That way you can run linux, wich recognizes ext4 partitions, and put the files on it.

There is a tutorial video on youtube from some bloke called jerrytech, it shows you how it's done.

good luck.

Thanks. I will give it a try. If it doesn't work, I will ask again^^

Guest carlospaco

NOOOOO, I HAD MY FIRST SOD. I can not wake my phone up.

So i pull the batery out and started it up on Winmo, and i still had 70% batery left, so it wasn't the battery that was empty.

Someone had same experience?

Same issue here. I knew it probably wouldn't work, but its amazingly stable.

I've tried fiddeling around with the o2b2update, wich has the keymaps for the b7610, but due to differences in the zImage file no luck so far.:(

edit: post didn't make sense.

Well.. See google project page.

We have mapped (most of) the GPIO's for B7610. Still it doesn't work for B7610. So, think we have to re-check these.

If I find some time, will go and check the GPIO's again.

I some things commented out in omnia_II_gpiotable which weren't commented out in the previous kernel. Maybe have to check if this has something to do with it. (For instance, VIB_EN is commented out. Vibration doesn't work when I compile. If I uncomment it and compile, vibration is working)

And please note, I started a thread for Froyo 2 in B7610 forum. Maybe you should post there, this is the Omnia 2 thread.

(off course, no offense!)

Edited by erikcas

Guest SkyNET-72

Hi Devs!

Thank you very much for the new beta! During the day the test to her, running all the time. While the bug has identified three:

1) I have half discharged phone and I put it on the charging, which lasted about 2 hours. When the phone is almost charged, I went looking the charge level shows 95%. Gave him more time for 30-40 minutes. I went looking much charge is 84%. What to do?

2) The problem with the clock - when loading some froyo would not be the time zone you want to manually rearrange the time of 5 hours in advance.

3) When an outgoing call (made 4 calls) after the call screen fades out, but if the phone call that he was calling (the screen still does not burn and does not respond)

Telephone GT-I8000, Android 2.2 Froyo Beta2

Guest paranoiadk

Is no one else having wifi trouble?

I've tried reinstalling...Just can't get past the router. My phone can "see" the router but the router won't acknowledge my phone and won't grant me internet access.

Anyone? Please?

Guest antonio junior

I had some SOD one when I was to make a linking, another one when I was to change the schedule that did not change the hourly spindle in accordance with, another one when I was to install a program, and a moment did not find my net wifi. somebody had something seemed or is being alone with me? I in accordance with installed the tutorial one of andylau. however thanks a lot DRVs.

My experience with installation on My Storage and pink screen.

I tried many different combinations.

- On My Storage i have a fat32 partition (for WinMo) and a EXT4 partition.

BUT android will only recognize this EXT4 partition (mmcblk1p2) if the size is UNDER 1024 mb!! (Like 1008 mb).

- In startup.txt change this line:

Set CMDLINE "rootdelay=2 root=/dev/mmcblk1p2 init=/init console=ttySAC2,115200"

Every time The pink screen still appears for about 30-40 secs.

L.

Guest nemesis81

Well.. See google project page.

We have mapped (most of) the GPIO's for B7610. Still it doesn't work for B7610. So, think we have to re-check these.

If I find some time, will go and check the GPIO's again.

I some things commented out in omnia_II_gpiotable which weren't commented out in the previous kernel. Maybe have to check if this has something to do with it. (For instance, VIB_EN is commented out. Vibration doesn't work when I compile. If I uncomment it and compile, vibration is working)

And please note, I started a thread for Froyo 2 in B7610 forum. Maybe you should post there, this is the Omnia 2 thread.

(off course, no offense!)

none taken. I was unaware of the topic you created.

Anyway, from now on I will post items regarding the B7610 your topic.

Ik zal GPIOfx eens installeren. Misschien kan ik een steentje bijdragen.

edit: typo

Edited by nemesis81

hi, while my phone is adding electrifying,i receive a call, the screen is black, and i press any key, i cant receive, it is SOD

I installed froyo bete2 on 4gb SD,ext4 is 1.46GB, i do not install any software.

Edited by longsin

Guest marisaleh

For the Attention of voyteckst;

I installed beta2 using stage5 in page1 with the auto installer of beta1.

I followed your instructions.

It installed perfect. only problem is the phone.

I can't use the phone to send or receive calls.

when I try to call someone it keeps ending

the call.

The network is there it is showing O2-UK.

I can also browse the internet, go to Market.

To give you more info,

If I go to setings, call settings and for example

hit Additional settings i get a message

call settings error Network or SIM card error.

This is the only problem I have at the moment.

Please help VOYTECKST

Guest whashnez

hi, while my phone is adding electrifying,i receive a call, the screen is black, and i press any key, i cant receive, it is SOD

I installed froyo bete2 on 4gb SD,ext4 is 1.46GB, i do not install any software.

I don't think all these SODs are really SODs. It happened to me too, I connected it to PC and it woke. I don't know why. Try it next time it happens. Maybe it is because of the system load.

Guest thanh_nha0706

After fixing all my problems, my phone works great now almost like a native phone. This beta 2 is good so far. Thank the team very much. I have a question: My main storage is divided into 2 logical partitions: The first is FAT32 and the second is ext4, which has android, if I want to use the first partition FAT32 as a SD card, how can I do? Please support me.

P/S: WOW on my phone, Android Market updates to the new version 3.1.3 with a great user interface.... cheer :). Does anyone have it????

Edited by thanh_nha0706

Guest ruaxauxi

After fixing all my problems, my phone works great now almost like a native phone. This beta 2 is good so far. Thank the team very much. I have a question: My main storage is divided into 2 logical partitions: The first is FAT32 and the second is ext4, which has android, if I want to use the first partition FAT32 as a SD card, how can I do? Please support me.

Could you tell me how to fix Wifi problem? I can not connect to internet, it doesn't work on my phone (i also try to set static IP address or turn the phone on/off several times.)

:(

when i first boot android ,the camera button can activate the camera app but cant take a picture( clicking the screen can take pictures)

but after i reboot android ,the phone freeze everytime when i use the camera button, anyone have this problem?

Guest Pazuzu666

good luck.

Hi.

Got ubuntu running, managed to format the sd card and now have my two partitions. extracted froyo on my large fat32 partition and wanted to move the ext4.tar.gz to my 1024mb ext4 partition. the ext4 partition has a folder called lost and found on it, and when i try to move the ext4.tar.gz, it tells me 'you don't have the right permissions to extract archives in the folder "file:///media/disk" '. Any ideas on how I can put ext4.tar.gz on there? Cos Sandor said that with an SD card you need 2 partitions, and from what i read so far i understand that ext4.tar.gz needs to be on the ext4 partition.

Thanks for the help. I am desperate to get android working^^

I have try lots of installation method, and it works for the first boot-up only. After that when i try the second boot-up onto Android, it just get stuck at the pink page or Android loader keeps loading non-stop. The funny thing is that i didn't change any thing on my set-up files.

Installed it and it wll works fine :) only bug i found is i can't access the winmo's "storage" from android or install alot of apps from the sd card.

i heard they added a script so u don't need the task killer? and does it still benefit from setcpu?

The battery last much longer than in beta1 but its hard to compete with winmo 1-2weeks for each charge :)

Edited by Nexere

Guest vakaloka

P/S: WOW on my phone, Android Market updates to the new version 3.1.3 with a great user interface.... cheer :). Does anyone have it????

What about if you didn't use those colors? LOL

anyway, to mount my storage as SDCARD, what you could do is edit init.rc this way:

1º As you will probably want to mount your sd in other folder, change this line in init.rc:

export EXTERNAL_STORAGE /mnt/sdcard

With this one:

export EXTERNAL_STORAGE /mnt/sdcard_REAL

2ºChange this line in the same file(init.rc)

mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p5 /storage

With this other:

mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p5 /mnt/sdcard

3º Probably that will do the trick.Save and restart. The internal storage will be mounted to sdcard, and will be recogniced as if it were a sdcard by media players. The original sdcard will be mounted to sdcard_REAL. If you can't get it working, modify the 5 in red with the number of the FAT32 partition.

Hi.

Got ubuntu running, managed to format the sd card and now have my two partitions. extracted froyo on my large fat32 partition and wanted to move the ext4.tar.gz to my 1024mb ext4 partition. the ext4 partition has a folder called lost and found on it, and when i try to move the ext4.tar.gz, it tells me 'you don't have the right permissions to extract archives in the folder "file:///media/disk" '. Any ideas on how I can put ext4.tar.gz on there? Cos Sandor said that with an SD card you need 2 partitions, and from what i read so far i understand that ext4.tar.gz needs to be on the ext4 partition.

Thanks for the help. I am desperate to get android working^^

Open a terminal, 'cd' to the directory where your ext4.tar.gz is and type:

sudo tar zxvf ext4.tar.gz -C /media/disk

when prompted give in your root password

Don't forget the sudo, as a normal user you don't have write rights to /media/disk

Guest Pazuzu666

Open a terminal, 'cd' to the directory where your ext4.tar.gz is and type:

sudo tar zxvf ext4.tar.gz -C /media/disk

when prompted give in your root password

Don't forget the sudo, as a normal user you don't have write rights to /media/disk

Thanks for your help. However, I'm not a Ubuntu native, normally use windows and am only using linux to get android working. Could you walk me through it step for step? Cos I really have no clue about ubuntu.

Thanks