[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

One question. I waited for months the release of a beta stable. I now understand that data is only in its wired and umts gprs ...

And 'that or I did not understand?

I have a sim with UMTS data connection with H3G flat and I would only GPRS.

:( :( :(

Sorry for my English...

for me too, i have this problem , then i put my phone off with " flight mode " , after i put my phone on , and my phone work with 3G , 3G+ , it's my solution

my English is no good also :D

Guest problematika

@Dev team - everything seems great, but when I recieve phone calls my phone ringing about 4-5 sec and then screen became black (no more ringing), and there is no chance to answer the call. Very annoying thing.. :( So, is there any suggestion how to solve that problem, or you guys working to fix it? Anyway, Froyo seems stable and I wanna thank you for your great job.

Thanks to all developers who worked so hard on this project ...

I have install this beta 2 version of Froyo .., and it worked very well , but only problem here is WiFi connection witch doesn't work at all ..., I don't know why , but it doesn't .., the phone show me that I am connected , but the internet doesn't work .., too , too , too bad .., because without wireless connection ,, android on our Omnia II is more like a usual operating system ... ( I use a wireless network secured with WPA2-PSK , but is not a problem , since android froyo beta 1 worked very , very well )

Maybe I will wait until , this big issue with wireless connection will be solved ..or not ...

Thanks again ...

Guest Extremegmx

Just a simple question. How to connect the phone to PC so that I can put files on my SD card ? When I plug the phone in it does nothing. I have also the wifi problem, it is connected but when I open the market or browser it says no connection. What to do ? Thanks!:)

Guest marisaleh

I have used the new auto installer.

Installation is perfect.

Still having the same problem with making calls.

I dial a number it goes dialling and then shortly call ended.

Any ideas voyteckst

It worked fine in Beta1

I am on O2-UK network

Edited by marisaleh

Guest voyteckst

How come the zImage from the new auto installer is only 2,39mb while the old zImage (manual install) is 2,43mb?

Are there any modification's made?

No, only less things compiled in.

SetCPU works. Give another example.

When I open the SetCPU am informed that I have root privileges.

A direct example would be to run the program Root Checker, which has the free market, which shows that do not have this privilege.

Interestingly only managed to root with all privileges in Android 2.1 beta 1. And did it using the program Z4root but that does not work in beta 2 Froyo.

Thanks to Developer team,. I have installed the beta2 and I am very happy with the performance compare to the previous one. The only problem I have is about the camera. When I use the camera program that came with the beta 2 I always get "the appication camera (process com.android.camera) has stopped unexpectedly. please try again". Do I need to install other software????

SetCPU works. Give another example.

do you have any suggestion on my problem?my beta2 freeze for 4 times,ie (when i open the android, it freeze;when i plunge it to computer,it wonnot be recognized,and it freeze。。。。)

i used the old installer ,sd installtion

it speed is very good,thanks

is there something wrong with my installtion?any solution?

Guest Pazuzu666

Just a simple question. How to connect the phone to PC so that I can put files on my SD card ? When I plug the phone in it does nothing. I have also the wifi problem, it is connected but when I open the market or browser it says no connection. What to do ? Thanks!:)

Hi.

I have the same problem with connecting to the pc, but I can help you with the wifi.

If you are using Windows, run the "cmd", then type in "ipconfig/all" and hit enter. It will then give you a list of data with all the relevant info you need to fill in the static ip spaces on your phone :-) (but change the ip of your phone to something other than that of your pc.

Guest Nilsemann

Hi,

first of all thanks for your great work!

Now my problem: I tried to install beta2 with the new automatic installer, but for any reason, it couldn't find my sd card (It says "No such device or adress" and "can't mount internal flash").

Could it be that it has another adress then mmcblk1p5 ? I had beta1 installed to my storage. Before trying to install beta 2, I deleted the partitions in my storage and created ONE new partition in fat32. On my SD card is one 8 GB fat32 partition, too.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Guest Pazuzu666

Android is running like a charm, WinMo is so slow in comparison. So thank you devs for the effort. Just a few questions that I still have:

-Is it possible to connect the phone to a pc? Cos when I plug it in, the phone charges, but does not show that a usb connection is established.

-I tried finding my location using GPS, without data networks, and it hasn't worked yet. It is cloudy, so I know it will take a while, but still nothing happened. Do I need the other connections in addition to GPS in order to get a fix?

I think you could connect your phone to the oc running WinMo, then put the files you want on Android on the SD card, disconnect phone, boot Android, and then access the SDcard. Or put the SD card into the pc and copy files onto the card then. But is it possible to do all that by connecting android to the pc?

Thanks

Guest Pazuzu666

Hi,

first of all thanks for your great work!

Now my problem: I tried to install beta2 with the new automatic installer, but for any reason, it couldn't find my sd card (It says "No such device or adress" and "can't mount internal flash").

Could it be that it has another adress then mmcblk1p5 ? I had beta1 installed to my storage. Before trying to install beta 2, I deleted the partitions in my storage and created ONE new partition in fat32. On my SD card is one 8 GB fat32 partition, too.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

You need to create a seperate ext4 partition, sized 1 GB (1024 mb). The rest you must leave as fat32. Make sure that your fat32 partition is your FIRST partition, so when you look at the device path, mmcblk..., then fat32 must be a smaller number that ext4, eg: fat32 =...k0p1 and ext4 = k0p2

Guest Nilsemann

You need to create a seperate ext4 partition, sized 1 GB (1024 mb). The rest you must leave as fat32. Make sure that your fat32 partition is your FIRST partition, so when you look at the device path, mmcblk..., then fat32 must be a smaller number that ext4, eg: fat32 =...k0p1 and ext4 = k0p2

I thought the auto-installer would create the partitions? Or am I wrong?

I tried the SD card installer, after I've done everything the Readme told me to do, It didn't work,..

Starting androidInstaller from O2Beta folder worked.

But after I tried to start Haret from the root of the SD card, and I pressed Run: it sayd: cannot open script file, storagecard/default.txt or something

Any help on this?