[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

voyteckst, what does this mean:

logcat -b radio:

D/RIL 	( 1776): dload_test start. 

D/RIL 	( 1776): onedram device (/dev/dpram0) open failed

Found a simular issue in a jetdroid forum, but I can't find the solution there, or I am looking over it.

I can't find dpram0 in /dev and create it with mknod does not solve it...

Is there a permission issue?Or is /dev/dpram0 not created by a process?

Edited by erikcas

Guest shoarmabakpao

@everyone

My friend installed android on his Omnia 2 (2gb internal memory) on his 8GB SD CARD. He used the automated install and EVERYTHING is better at this phone! GPS works. Fix in under 10sec in the open sky WITHOUT internet! He has android market 3.1 The one that my uncle's Galaxy S2 had. Even my friend's with an Galaxy S or an HTC Desire HD don't have it. But my friend with an Omnia 2 and the automated install android has it!

To summarize it;

My friend's (he's not an geek he knows about 0,01% about the real android+hardware) Omnia 2 with automated install on a 8GB SD CARD(he has 2GB internal and he can see it!)

His GPS works blazing fast, even without a data plan.

He has the newest market which installed automaticly on his phone.

His phone feels faster.

My phone: Samsung Omnia 2 Android manual installed on my internal storage (8GB) I can see my internal storage + SDCARD(I did edit init.rc file to make it all work)

GPS does NOT work at all in android

My market did NOT update to the newest one

My phone feels slower

So how come?

Guest marisaleh

Uhm, sorry about it... No ideas then... If there was some kind of debug option to run while making a call...

Is there such a thing, devs?

Regards!

I go to settings-about phone-status I can see:

My number

Network O2-UK

Signal Strength -97dbm 8asu

Service status In serice

Mobile Network state connected

If I go to call settings - additional settings

It comes back saying Network or SIM card error

This is weird, It can see the Network but can't

access the SIM card, although it can see my

mobile number

It looks like the phone is connected to the mobile network.

Still unable to make a call.

Do we have to enter the number in a certain way ie with spaces

or special chars

Edited by marisaleh

@everyone

My friend installed android on his Omnia 2 (2gb internal memory) on his 8GB SD CARD. He used the automated install and EVERYTHING is better at this phone! GPS works. Fix in under 10sec in the open sky WITHOUT internet! He has android market 3.1 The one that my uncle's Galaxy S2 had. Even my friend's with an Galaxy S or an HTC Desire HD don't have it. But my friend with an Omnia 2 and the automated install android has it!

To summarize it;

My friend's (he's not an geek he knows about 0,01% about the real android+hardware) Omnia 2 with automated install on a 8GB SD CARD(he has 2GB internal and he can see it!)

His phone feels faster.

My phone: Samsung Omnia 2 Android manual installed on my internal storage (8GB) I can see my internal storage + SDCARD(I did edit init.rc file to make it all work)

My phone feels slower

So how come?

Same with me, automatic installer works great, i advise everyone to use a class 6 sdcard because speed difference is significant. I havent used winmo for almost 2 days now.

Guest mutimuti

automatic installer cant mount my sd card so then cant find it. and reboot without install. i have 8gb card and it is fat32. before start install i fotmat it with samsung's own setting tool. but i cant install it. what can i do??

tutorial for those who want to install Beta 2 Froyo internal memory.

1. download the program MiniTool Partition Wizard to partition the memory of 8 gigas ina two and one fat32 ext4. The two cousins​​. The partition size of your choice.

2. download this file and put it in internal memory, remember how it was formatted will put the root (the installer. iso modified beta 1) http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CIZ11RD4. unzip.

3. go to the folder and click on npkinstall haret.exe will install automatically.

4. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=550989LU download this file. unzip the internal memory and erase or overwritten the files haret.exe, startup.txt, zImage and delete how to installer.

5. the most important thing after that is not to delete the folder npkinstall the first boot afteryou can delete it normally..

6. haret.exe then only click on the root of internal memory and Android enjoy.

this should solve many problems for the installation of Android

thank DVS

Feels like I've tried everything now, still my 16 gb gt-i8000 locks at the part when the android text is "flashing". I had the same problem with beta 1 and could never get it right. What is wrong with my mobile?

Guest shoarmabakpao

Feels like I've tried everything now, still my 16 gb gt-i8000 locks at the part when the android text is "flashing". I had the same problem with beta 1 and could never get it right. What is wrong with my mobile?

Try repartitioning everything. Just follow one of the many guides on how to do it and follow it EXACTLY THE WAY THEY DO IT. This way you can get the same result as others.

Guest voyteckst
voyteckst, what does this mean:

logcat -b radio:

D/RIL 	( 1776): dload_test start. 

D/RIL 	( 1776): onedram device (/dev/dpram0) open failed

Found a simular issue in a jetdroid forum, but I can't find the solution there, or I am looking over it.

I can't find dpram0 in /dev and create it with mknod does not solve it...

Is there a permission issue?Or is /dev/dpram0 not created by a process?

Now we load modem.bin ourself instead of using wm for it. So this probably means that b7610 isn't the same hardware as i8000...

Sent from my GT-I8000

Guest RaymanLE
tutorial for those who want to install Beta 2 Froyo internal memory.

Could anyone please give a clue regarding the performance of Android with respect to My Storage versus SD card installation?

Which one results in the most performant Android?

Now we load modem.bin ourself instead of using wm for it. So this probably means that b7610 isn't the same hardware as i8000...

Sent from my GT-I8000

Voyteckst,

Offcourse I could be wrong, butwith all respect, it is not a B7610 problem I think. Check the attachments from a Omnia2 user @ page 40. Samekind of issue of dpram0 not loading issue, on Omnia2.

I noticed more Omnia2 users with phone problems. I think it is worth investigating.

Running again this service mode I notice something, at first minute of Froyo running, there is not gsm neigbours, then signal is lost, after that gsm neigbours appears.

I uploadig two logcats,

First when froyo is running.

second, after trying to make a call, run service mode, loose signal, run service mode again and receiving gsm cell neigbours.

Attached File(s)

references here and here

Edited by erikcas

@everyone

To summarize it;

His phone feels faster.

My phone feels slower

So how come?

How did you see your internal memory?

How to modify the init file?

What I have to put in the init for me to read the internal memory-storage 8g?

Guest ASMARTTECHIE

I go to settings-about phone-status I can see:

My number

Network O2-UK

Signal Strength -97dbm 8asu

Service status In serice

Mobile Network state connected

If I go to call settings - additional settings

It comes back saying Network or SIM card error

This is weird, It can see the Network but can't

access the SIM card, although it can see my

mobile number

It looks like the phone is connected to the mobile network.

Still unable to make a call.

Do we have to enter the number in a certain way ie with spaces

or special chars

So many people having this error (including me!).. not able to make calls although network is visible..

but no solutions :(((

plzzzzzzzzzz somebody try to remove the call bug..!

@dev's- any idea y this prob is occuring?

Thnxx!

Guest voyteckst

Voyteckst,

Offcourse I could be wrong, butwith all respect, it is not a B7610 problem I think. Check the attachments from a Omnia2 user @ page 40. Samekind of issue of dpram0 not loading issue, on Omnia2.

I noticed more Omnia2 users with phone problems. I think it is worth investigating.

references here and here

Samsung Jet isn't same hw as Omnia 2 and b7610. Altough we're investigating this. Maybe the cause is modem.bin from i6500, but not sure.

please pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

What I have to do to make the music player reads MP3 files from storage???

Please help me, is the only thing I'm missing and I need

Edited by tololo

Samsung Jet isn't same hw as Omnia 2 and b7610. Altough we're investigating this. Maybe the cause is modem.bin from i6500, but not sure.

Thanx. I know about the hardware differences and I understand. But I'm interested in the galaxy story. Although B7610 and I8000 have different hardware, /dev/dpram0 isn't created. I compiled with debugging on in dpram and multidpd but cannot find corresponding messages in dmesg.

I will continue to search.

Guest Odysseas07

i have install the android with auto install but i cant find my SDcard

i dont know what i have put there

# We chown/chmod /data again so because mount is run as root + defaults

# mount yaffs2 mtd@userdata /data nosuid nodev

# mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p2 /system/sd

# mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 /sdcard

chown system system /mnt/sdcard

chmod 0777 /mnt/sdcard

mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p5 /storage

chown system system /storage

chmod 0777 /storage

chown system system /data

chmod 0771 /data

chmod 0666 /dev/log/radio

chmod 0666 /dev/log/main

# Create dump dir and collect dumps.

# Do this before we mount cache so eventually we can use cache for

# storing dumps on platforms which do not have a dedicated dump partition.

How i can find it ??? i have put there number 1-7 and it doesnt change anything

Edited by Odysseas07

Guest shoarmabakpao

What I did was chance in init.rc changing the mystorage number from something like this mmcblk0p2 to mmcblk1p2

This is the same as sdcard/mystorage line.

It just works ^_^

I modified it with Ubuntu 11.04 in VMware Player. to open it and to save it without hassle is to go to terminal and then type: gksudo nautilus

This will enable root so you can just drag and drop items from the android root folder to your pc and vice versa

CAUTION: IF YOU ACCIDENTLY MISSPLACE SOMETHING ANDROID COULD FAIL BOOTING SO DO IT THE RIGHT WAY AND ALWAYS BACK UP!

Guest voyteckst

What I did was chance in init.rc changing the mystorage number from something like this mmcblk0p2 to mmcblk1p2

This is the same as sdcard/mystorage line.

It just works ^_^

I modified it with Ubuntu 11.04 in VMware Player. to open it and to save it without hassle is to go to terminal and then type: gksudo nautilus

This will enable root so you can just drag and drop items from the android root folder to your pc and vice versa

CAUTION: IF YOU ACCIDENTLY MISSPLACE SOMETHING ANDROID COULD FAIL BOOTING SO DO IT THE RIGHT WAY AND ALWAYS BACK UP!

My Storage can be probably automatically mounted via vold, like normal sdcard. If I will have time I'll check it and if it will work, I'll upload proper update.

Definitely is your program problem!

LOL have you tried other version of the SetCPU?

To prove everyone's correct except you, see below taken from my phone.

55457247.jpg

28887096.jpg

40470946.jpg

42575213.jpg

12595855.jpg

LOL, to see is to believe.

The version of SetCPU is exactly the same as yours.

Tell me one thing: when you installed your Froyo made ​​by Linux right? The extraction of the files you did manually - via text command - or the visual program, that package manager for Linux?