[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest shoarmabakpao

Hey all I got DSPManager working on our Omnia 2

DSPManager is an app that enhances the sound on our headset and speaker. You can just enable or disable it whenever you want. You could google about DSPManager.

DSPManager with all of it great features still only work on Android Gingerbread. I copied the .so audiolibrary to my ext4 android partition. Everything works but this DSPManager lacks the great bass feature which my friends' LG GT540 has on android 2.3.5

Whenever I plug my headset into that LG GT540 that has DSPManager with Bass Boost enabled + Studio surround option it sounds just as good as my Logitech Z523 2.1 speaker system!

Mabey there could be a possability to just port it over to android 2.2.2 and then include it in all the new releases.

What I did was chance in init.rc changing the mystorage number from something like this mmcblk0p2 to mmcblk1p2

This is the same as sdcard/mystorage line.

It just works ^_^

I modified it with Ubuntu 11.04 in VMware Player. to open it and to save it without hassle is to go to terminal and then type: gksudo nautilus

This will enable root so you can just drag and drop items from the android root folder to your pc and vice versa

CAUTION: IF YOU ACCIDENTLY MISSPLACE SOMETHING ANDROID COULD FAIL BOOTING SO DO IT THE RIGHT WAY AND ALWAYS BACK UP!

if I already did that change, and the root explorer if they leave the songs I have in storage to 8g.

But the music player not detected.

I mean having the mp3 on the storage of 8g, it detects the mp3 music player as if you were in SCard.

To me the mmcblk1p1 detected, but the music player does not leave

Not if you understand me

Guest shoarmabakpao

if I already did that change, and the root explorer if they leave the songs I have in storage to 8g.

But the music player not detected.

I mean having the mp3 on the storage of 8g, it detects the mp3 music player as if you were in SCard.

To me the mmcblk1p1 detected, but the music player does not leave

Not if you understand me

I have not tried that yet since my music is on my SD Card.

Guest vakaloka

i have install the android with auto install but i cant find my SDcard

i dont know what i have put there

# We chown/chmod /data again so because mount is run as root + defaults

# mount yaffs2 mtd@userdata /data nosuid nodev

# mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p2 /system/sd

# mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 /sdcard

chown system system /mnt/sdcard

chmod 0777 /mnt/sdcard

mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p5 /storage

chown system system /storage

chmod 0777 /storage

chown system system /data

chmod 0771 /data

chmod 0666 /dev/log/radio

chmod 0666 /dev/log/main

# Create dump dir and collect dumps.

# Do this before we mount cache so eventually we can use cache for

# storing dumps on platforms which do not have a dedicated dump partition.

How i can find it ??? i have put there number 1-7 and it doesnt change anything

Of course that didn't change anything. In case that works, you have to delete the # at the beggining of the line and try those numbers again L-O-L

Guest Odysseas07

Of course that didn't change anything. In case that works, you have to delete the # at the beggining of the line and try those numbers again L-O-L

LOL

Thanks man i will try again now

Guest harrypotter222

After numerous tries, I 've got my sdcard mounted probably and android 's app (i.e. music player) detects sdcard is inserted. Below may not be 100% correct, but that's my findings i would like to share. I just know that in order for android froyo to recognize your desired partition as the 'sdcard', it must be primary partition, use your chose of partition software to make a primary partition.

If installing beta2 in mystorage

mystorage partitions

storage(fat32) logical: 1p5

system(ext4) logical: 1p6

sdcard partition

sdcard(fat32) PRIMARY: 0p2

If using auto-installer:

sdcard partition

STORAGE(fat32) logical: 0p5

system(ext4) logical: 0p6

if want to mount "STORAGE" as sdcard, then it may have to be converted to primary partition, I haven't tried this yet.

desired sdcard partition to be mounted should be physical not logical

define in init.rc

mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk#p# /sdcard

at the start of android booting, you should see the notification of "preparing sdcard" on the top notification bar.

i saw a comment from voyteckst saying, mystorage can be mounted via vold, not sure what that means?

automatically mounted via vold

also i notice a slightly faster performance running this beta2 on my kingston class 6 microSD compared to beta2 running on mystorage.

anyway, thanks dev, still testing...

Guest thematias

Hi everybody. Amazing work from the devs!

I would like to ask some general questions about this new beta... (Hope you didn't answer before)

1 - Does the radio work?

2 - Does the phone heat as it did the previous Beta when installed in SD card?

3 - Does the battery last more than the previous Beta?

4 - Is it faster than the previous Beta?

I would really apreciate if someone could answer these simple questions and sorry if they have already been answered.

here is a very very strange thing:

my sd card now is 100M which should be 1.1G in beta2....

who knows why??

:blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

Guest thanh_nha0706

1 - Does the radio work?

--> Not yet

2 - Does the phone heat as it did the previous Beta when installed in SD card?

--> Less heat than the previous

3 - Does the battery last more than the previous Beta?

--> Yes, it does

4 - Is it faster than the previous Beta?

--> Yes absolutely amazing.... ;)

Guest thanh_nha0706

I have a problem with the beta2

it can not sound recording for all application,,,

Try PCM Recorder with the newest version (Free). I'm using it and it works great. :)

I want to re-change some functions of buttons like this:

The End-call button ---> Back to the home screen

The button above the camera one ----> Back

The lock button (in WM mode) ----> Lock function too.

Does anyone know how to change it? Pls help me. Thanks very much......

Edited by thanh_nha0706

I'm reading of users who's Android almost last as long on the battery as in winmo. Mine only last a day, with minimal use (winmo 3-4 day's with more use). Is it my phone, or has it something to do with installing in internal storage? I'm curious if installing on SD-Card is less power consuming than on internal storage. Could anyone confirm this? Havent try'd it yet, becouse I have to be phone availible for my job the next 2 weeks :( day and night.

I used juicedefender to turn my data off while screen off, and setcpu to 66MHz - 266 MHz in sleep. (No SOD!! while beta1 SOD' within 10 min. with these settings!! Nice!)

I also noticed if I reboot android to winmo with data off, I can't use 3G in winmo. Is it me, or did anyone alse noticed this too?

Great job Devs, It works great, only my battery only last few hours more than beta1, for the rest it's great!

Guest thanh_nha0706

I'm reading of users who's Android almost last as long on the battery as in winmo. Mine only last a day, with minimal use (winmo 3-4 day's with more use). Is it my phone, or has it something to do with installing in internal storage? I'm curious if installing on SD-Card is less power consuming than on internal storage. Could anyone confirm this? Havent try'd it yet, becouse I have to be phone availible for my job the next 2 weeks :( day and night.

I used juicedefender to turn my data off while screen off, and setcpu to 66MHz - 266 MHz in sleep. (No SOD!! while beta1 SOD' within 10 min. with these settings!! Nice!)

I also noticed if I reboot android to winmo with data off, I can't use 3G in winmo. Is it me, or did anyone alse noticed this too?

Great job Devs, It works great, only my battery only last few hours more than beta1, for the rest it's great!

I don't know clearly about your situation but the battery works fine in my case, I have installed Froyo on "My Storage". If it's charged fully and I don't touch it more, it could last for more than a day. I don't even need setCPU anymore because SOD has gone in this beta 2 and I also rarely use Advanced Task Killer because the kernel does it. Hope it'll help you somehow. :)

After numerous tries, I 've got my sdcard mounted probably and android 's app (i.e. music player) detects sdcard is inserted. Below may not be 100% correct, but that's my findings i would like to share. I just know that in order for android froyo to recognize your desired partition as the 'sdcard', it must be primary partition, use your chose of partition software to make a primary partition.

If installing beta2 in mystorage

mystorage partitions

storage(fat32) logical: 1p5

system(ext4) logical: 1p6

sdcard partition

sdcard(fat32) PRIMARY: 0p2

If using auto-installer:

sdcard partition

STORAGE(fat32) logical: 0p5

system(ext4) logical: 0p6

if want to mount "STORAGE" as sdcard, then it may have to be converted to primary partition, I haven't tried this yet.

desired sdcard partition to be mounted should be physical not logical

define in init.rc

mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk#p# /sdcard

at the start of android booting, you should see the notification of "preparing sdcard" on the top notification bar.

i saw a comment from voyteckst saying, mystorage can be mounted via vold, not sure what that means?

automatically mounted via vold

also i notice a slightly faster performance running this beta2 on my kingston class 6 microSD compared to beta2 running on mystorage.

anyway, thanks dev, still testing...

I don't agree with you any more! well done!

Sorry for my poor English.

Guest genexide

thanks so much devs! this rom is really stable!

already have 38 hours of uptime. no hangs or SODs. only have a lil problem on voice calls that turns to black screen after the call but swiping a finger on the proximity/light sensor does the job.

and regarding the wifi problem, the dev tools>connections>disable/enable wifi works.

only problem i have so far is i cannot mount my internal storage in /mnt/sdcard. i double checked my partitions but still unfortunate.

Friends, the performance difference between EXT2 and EXT4 can be measured in some way?

Is there a parameter that tells me that the speed and performance EXT4 is many times greater than EXT2? I need to know about values​​?

Guest rom_omnia2

Could someone goto LauncherPro>Settings>BackupSettings and tell me if notice any error?

Here's the error: "An error ocurred while trying to create the Backup. Please make sure the SD card is available."

Yes it's. :)

PS: Today my Android MARKET has been automatically updated! It's pretty but a little bit slow.

Guest voyteckst

Friends, the performance difference between EXT2 and EXT4 can be measured in some way?

Is there a parameter that tells me that the speed and performance EXT4 is many times greater than EXT2? I need to know about values​​?

Generally EXT4 is a bit slower than EXT2, because of journaling. ut it's advantage is journaling (theoretically no data loss).

Guest pepelito

Hello.

I want to congrat the devs for this work, My omnia2 is now a revived mobile, I only miss BT, hope it can be done in near future. I can stand the rest few bugs perfectly, only wifi bug it's a little annoying.

BTW

Voyteckst, do you think that BT support is on the go or is in the far future?

Also I want to ask help for some feature. I want to use Droidwall and ask for a netfilter module (iptables) can anybody compile it for me? I'm not very used to compile linux kernels nor modules, though I'm a linux user since long time ago. Can anybody recommend other app similar that do the firewall work better?

Thanks

Guest musicman1982

Dear Devs!

First, I want to say THANK YOU!:) Second: I've got a problem. I started android, worked, shut down NORMALLY, booted to winmo, and after 1 day i want to start it again. I see it booting, but the Android logo keeps moving, and i see pixels on the screen, nothing happens.I checked the file system,(ext4) but is ok.(i've used forced check, found no problems) I checked SD card file system and My Storage too, no problems. Can i send some logs or something?