[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

even i tried to flash my phone into other version , it still have failure in the network , unable to make phone call .tis is my current phone version

PDA I8000NXXJE3

phone I8000XXJJ1

CSC empty .. duno y

Guest marisaleh

even i tried to flash my phone into other version , it still have failure in the network , unable to make phone call .tis is my current phone version

PDA I8000NXXJE3

phone I8000XXJJ1

CSC empty .. duno y

The same here mate,

I tried with JI, JJ still calls are not working.

I also tested wifi, it discovers the network, connects to it, but won't

go on it, ie won't connect to the internet, market etc.

I didn't have any of these problems with Beta1

Dev, is it possible to put back only the phone part from Beta1 into Beta2

Many Thanks.

Guest thanh_nha0706

every thing just fine for me.. (from Indonesia), except bluetooth, wifi (static ip not work for me. :( )..

I got 3 freeze (not SOD) in 6 day use..

I'm using manual installation and ubuntu to install..

It's the most stable version O2Droid.. thank's Dev team..

I really appreciate it..

wait patiently for next release..

ps : sorry for my poor english. :)

If you get freeze, you should check the RAM status and kill some apps to get more memory. It would solve the problem :)

Edited by thanh_nha0706

i have more than 10 times freeze these days,it freeze at power it on ,i really tired of it。。。。。。。i donot know why?which is fat32?:blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :( :( :( :( :(

i will wait for devs, good news

thanks devs

Edited by jingang

Guest thanh_nha0706

i have more than 10 times freeze these days,it freeze at power it on ,i really tired of it。。。。。。。i donot know why?which is fat32?:blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :( :( :( :( :(

i will wait for devs, good news

thanks devs

I don't know what's your problem but try using SWAPPER FOR ROOT to create Swap memory file. It helps the phone run smoothier. :)

Edited by thanh_nha0706

First of all big thanks to dev team for bringing up to date software to this great piece of hardware.

Now to my problem: After installing beta2 to SD card (8GB) by automatic installer, I have problem with screen calibration. Close to the bottom of screen, I have to touch the screen like 5mm above the point where it actually taps. So I have to touch for example J on keyboard to write N. Close to top of the screen problem is the same, but reversed, so I have to touch 5mm down from the point where tap appears. Close to the center of the screen, the calibration is OK. I´v tried the Calibrator tool form hayashi1986, but it doesn´t work for me (the program runs OK but with no results). I had the same problem with beta1.

I would really appreciate any help, because Android is now unusable for me.

I have a similar problem ,except my calibration is way off from 3/4 down. I have posted about it in

http://www.modaco.com/topic/340567-calibrator-tool-for-beta2-on-o2/

I tried calibrator and jet calibrator, but both do nothing. In Winmo the screen is fine so I don't think its a hardware issue. It's fustrating trying to use android with the screen so off(almost unusable). Hope an answer is found soon.

Guest antonio junior

I tested this program both version 1 and 2. I could not understand how it works, because even though I root it starts, apparently creates the virtual memory on the SD but saw nothing to indicate the actual increase of memory anywhere in the phone, nor any increase in performance ...

Someone here uses and can make a little tutorial?

As I said actually works like the Windows 7 ready boost. It does not show anywhere in the increase of memory, but it creates a file that indicates the amount of created virtual mb.About the tutorial shows the android market is simple. you choose the partition and file size. say it is better to be able to burn 256 mb memory card, however I put 512 mb and so far everything is quiet. I'm playing Fruit Ninja downloaded from the Market is flowing smoothly.

Edited by antonio junior

I don't know what's your problem but try using SWAPPER FOR ROOT to create Swap memory file. It helps the phone run more smoothier. :)

no,my beta2 is sometimes freeze at power it on,it is not about speed,is something wrong with the battery,ithink,but not for sure??why it freeze ??:blink:

Guest thanh_nha0706

I tested this program both version 1 and 2. I could not understand how it works, because even though I root it starts, apparently creates the virtual memory on the SD but saw nothing to indicate the actual increase of memory anywhere in the phone, nor any increase in performance ...

Someone here uses and can make a little tutorial?

I tested it and actually the speed increased a little bit more.

P/S: my phone has a mic problem. When I use a recorder program, it cannot record anything. Also I cannot use the Speech to Text function.

Edited by thanh_nha0706

Guest wakeupneo

I'm trying to swap the function of call and and lock buttons, so I created my own qwerty.fl file, create a fr2bupdate.tar.gz and have overwritten the original (confirmed using es file explorer), but they function of the keys didnt change. Any tips why?

Guest voyteckst

The same here mate,

I tried with JI, JJ still calls are not working.

I also tested wifi, it discovers the network, connects to it, but won't

go on it, ie won't connect to the internet, market etc.

I didn't have any of these problems with Beta1

Dev, is it possible to put back only the phone part from Beta1 into Beta2

Many Thanks.

I wrote it once and will not repeat. Beta 1 used phone part loaded by WM, now load it ourself. Advantege is that GPS fix is within seconds, but disadvantage is that for some people t not works (probably some umts settings of their networks - 2g should work).

Guest marisaleh

I wrote it once and will not repeat. Beta 1 used phone part loaded by WM, now load it ourself. Advantege is that GPS fix is within seconds, but disadvantage is that for some people t not works (probably some umts settings of their networks - 2g should work).

I tried 2G, still doesn't work, is it possible to change UMTS settings within Android, I looked can't see any.

Can you please please VOYTECKST do me a mod for my network. It is O2-UK.

Without your help I will never be able to get the phone to work.

Otherwise it is a stable beta.

Thanks in advance mate.

Edited by marisaleh

Guest marisaleh

Ok... I have a big problem, I installed a lot of app and now my Droid keeps hanging at ANDROID boot screen... it's so awful i could reinstall the whole thing :S

Be careful Mate, some of these apps from the Market are really buggy and they can crash your android system even if you are

using a native Android and not only Beta.

Some of these Apps are written by enthusiasts and there is no control over the Market Unfortunately.

Edited by marisaleh

2G does work for me when i switch to it (full bars and i can make calls). But after a while i cannot make any more calls, even with full bars. Got no idea what is going on. But I just turn radio off and then on to fix. But annoying since i have to manually check if i can make calls every few hours. Text messages get delayed till i reactivate radio and I dont know how many calls i miss.

Guest ASMARTTECHIE

can u plzzzzzzzzzzz tell us how can we get the radio to work as before....?

any patch/any update/any fix/any setting change....? please...!

only data is working on both bands..

please give some solution..

thanxx..

Guest voyteckst

can u plzzzzzzzzzzz tell us how can we get the radio to work as before....?

any patch/any update/any fix/any setting change....? please...!

only data is working on both bands..

please give some solution..

thanxx..

Choice is beetween fast GPS and phone (not for all of course, because for ~60% it just works...).

Guest ASMARTTECHIE

Choice is beetween fast GPS and phone (not for all of course, because for ~60% it just works...).

~ 40% = ~400 of 1000 ppl!

still a large number itself.. :(

plzzzzz solve it bcoz PHONE cant be sacrificed for a few seconds of improvement in GPS lock..

the beta 2 is such a great piece of work..so fast & smooth.. but for this problem.. :(

if possible please make it two versions.. one for lucky users with better gps and one version for ppl who cant even make a call/sms..

thnxx!

Guest marisaleh

As an idea, why can't we have two versions of Beta2

1- native version ie the current one as it works for some.

2- A version which supports the phone ie uses wm phone part for

those who are having a problem with making and receiving calls etc.

Voyteckst, I think this solution will save you a headache from everybody

keeping complaining.

I will now stop using beta2 until this is fixed.

I promise I won't annoy you with more questions.

Edited by marisaleh

Guest Sim Kai Long

Exceedingly pleasant experience with the overall. Not met any problems yet after 2 days of usage. Only minor issue is with TitaniumBackup.

Guest sambosat

Thank you Devs for this version. As a phone, I stopped having the problems that I used to have with Beta1. But the WIFI was better with beta 1. Now when I connect at home it connects fine, but when I go to my parents house, It says it is connected but cant use the net. Also when the phone goes to sleep, the wifi also stops working and I try to turn it off and then turn it back on, but it stays stuck on turning wifi off and I cant solve that problem unless I restart.

The other issue is that, games like angry bird used to work fine with Beta 1 but not Beta 2

Anyone can help from the gurus here. I do not care about games that much but WIfi is a problem for me

Guest agalance

Are you guys not reading the previous posts, or more importantly the main homepage for the project?

It is clearly stated that the WiFi has issues and Sandor (one of the developer) is probably already trying to fix it, by implementing the missing wake-lock function.

From the project page:

Note1: There is a bug with WiFi. If it's on and phone go sleep, after wake there is a chance it would not work again. Only fix is to reboot. We suggest to turn off WiFi before suspending phone.

So you should turn wifi off after using it and before sending the phone to sleep. It is also suggested to increase the display screen timeout to 2 min. So it won't go to sleep ao early if you forget it.

For me nearly everything works fine. One more advice is not to clog the droid with a lot of useless and buggy apps. It may cause instability.

It is still a beta. And a good one. Only a few (3) people are working on it, so every fix and new things will take more time. Patience.

And more importantly they are doing this freely, as a hobby, so they don't owe anything to us. :)

Edited by agalance

Guest sambosat

Are you guys not reading the previous posts, or more importantly the main homepage for the project?

It is clearly stated that the WiFi has issues and Sandor (one of the developer) is probably already trying to fix it, by implementing the missing wake-lock function.

From the project page:

Note1: There is a bug with WiFi. If it's on and phone go sleep, after wake there is a chance it would not work again. Only fix is to reboot. We suggest to turn off WiFi before suspending phone.

So you should turn wifi off after using it and before sending the phone to sleep. It is also suggested to increase the display screen timeout to 2 min. So it won't go to sleep ao early if you forget it.

For me nearly everything works fine. One more advice is not to clog the droid with a lot of useless and buggy apps. It may cause instability.

It is still a beta. And a good one. Only a few (3) people are working on it, so every fix and new things will take more time. Patience.

And more importantly they are doing this freely, as a hobby, so they don't owe anything to us. :)

Thanks. I think I missed this point sorry. I was so annoyed. Thanks for pointing this out. As for the apps to be honest with you, I have installed whats app, Pingme, and battery indicator. That is all. I tried to install viber but it gets unregistered on my phone (not sure why) that is all

Guest TheSamuray

After using the new beta ,, it works almost so fine

i ve no problems with call & wifi ( except sometimes a get the same problem mentioned by devs, but occasional :)

After 4 days of usage ,, i got an SOD today :( i dont know why )

i removed the last programs instaled , to see if no more problem

Best regards & thanks very much