[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

So...

Ok, let's assume my problem is IMEI related...

Why the heck my data conection with my phone operator still goes on as usual??

And why the heck market keep telling me i don't have enough space even though I have a 3Gb partition with only the content of ext4.tar.gz on it? Does it have something to do with IMEI too??? Because, before it, Market worket perfectly...

Please, at least help me out with the Market issue...

So...

And why the heck market keep telling me i don't have enough space even though I have a 3Gb partition with only the content of ext4.tar.gz on it? Does it have something to do with IMEI too??? Because, before it, Market worket perfectly...

There isn't a problem for me with market (and i have calling/sms issue for 3G). Here's what i would do:

1) Try clearing market data/cache

2) Try again using wifi (if you can)

3) Try to download another app.

4) Reboot.

5) Reinstall android with 1GB partition (preferably using Autoinstaller) - its fairly painless to get everything back using My Backup Pro (Titanium doesn't work for me)

Edited by AoSra1n

Guest Bogeyman13

phone wakes up slowly when answering incoming call , anybody knows how to fix that problem ?

I have the same problem (and it seems many others too). It takes 5+ seconds to see the call answer screen.

I'm using clean manual install (without any additional programs installed) on My Storage. It worked ok on beta1 (the call answer screen showed almost instantly).

I also have issues with setting in call volume. It doesn't work correctly.

Guest korea555

my wlan is not working in any way.

tried to edit build.prop as explained in post#1.

using jota text editor. but I can´t save the edited file.

any advice how to edit/save build.prop ?

Thanks.

I did a extra thread for this:

Edited by korea555

Light sensor is working (tested by zdevice) but useless because there is no auto brightness in display setting.

You can use additional app for this:

There's also "Lux" on the market but it's not for free.

Guest carlospaco

Hey Guys,

Mine -MY STORAGE- is a Fat32 primary, there i have put the files for auto installer.

Mine SD card i have format to fat 32 .

I have install it and it has make a partition EXT3 on my sd card off 1024 mb. That i think is right. THEN when i want to start android i get stuck on pink screen.

I have try several changes on my startup, BUT wich is the RIGHT ON, so i can start android on my phone.

Sorry for my English;

Greets

i am a chinese,if you can read chinese word,here is a link

http://bbs.51haoa.com

you can handle your problem here,a i8000 android forum,maybe helpful :rolleyes:

i knew it modify init.rc,but i don not know it is 1p5 or 1p2?

Edited by longsin

So...

Did you install on SD or My Storage?

If you did My Storage, did you change settings in init.rc?

So...

Your / our problem is, until proven otherwise, IMEI. Here too, me and many other users is the same.

SMS does not work but the links or data traffic works beautifully! Gsmchips have tested several operators and the problem persists. I also tried clean installation on various formats and the problem remains ...

We trust the Devs and look a fix for this problem ...

Guest shockwavenl

where can i find the files to install android to the i8000?

when i go to the project site it says that de files does not exist:S

can someone please help me:)?

Does anyone have any idea where i can find the android rom?

Guest carlospaco

Hey Guys,

Mine -MY STORAGE- is a Fat32 primary, there i have put the files for auto installer.

Mine SD card i have format to fat 32 .

I have install it and it has make a partition EXT3 on my sd card off 1024 mb. That i think is right. THEN when i want to start android i get stuck on pink screen.

I have try several changes on my startup, BUT wich is the RIGHT ON, so i can start android on my phone.

Sorry for my English;

Greets

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP. There was'nt also a startup file with the automatic installer , i have use the one from manuel installer, is that right?

Guest voyteckst

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP. There was'nt also a startup file with the automatic installer , i have use the one from manuel installer, is that right?

startup.txt is created by installer...

There isn't a problem for me with market (and i have calling/sms issue for 3G). Here's what i would do:

1) Try clearing market data/cache

2) Try again using wifi (if you can)

3) Try to download another app.

4) Reboot.

5) Reinstall android with 1GB partition (preferably using Autoinstaller) - its fairly painless to get everything back using My Backup Pro (Titanium doesn't work for me)

Worked, man!!!

Thanks!

Did you install on SD or My Storage?

If you did My Storage, did you change settings in init.rc?

That change that makes /storage readeable? If yes, well... Tryed, couldn't succeced... I can list /storage with "ls" on terminal, but cannot open it on File Manager... But that did not stopped market to install apps before...

Well... I tried AoSra1n suggestion of reinstalling on a 1Gb partition, and it worked... tried 2Gb and it worked again... I'm only having problem with the 3Gb partition...

Is there any other modification on init.rc needed for a larger partition? Or any modifications on init.rc needed for a My Storage install?

Thanks for the help!

Your / our problem is, until proven otherwise, IMEI. Here too, me and many other users is the same.

SMS does not work but the links or data traffic works beautifully! Gsmchips have tested several operators and the problem persists. I also tried clean installation on various formats and the problem remains ...

We trust the Devs and look a fix for this problem ...

Thanks for the clarification Thor2!

Guest carlospaco

I didn't see one. But i will format sd and my storage again and try it again.

Thanx .

Hey, I have a problem with the autoinstaller. When i try to install it , its says that he can find ext4.tar.gz on my storage , and than it reboot after 10 sec.

WHY IS THAT KNOW? I need my medicin. :-)

Guest carlospaco

Hey, I have a problem with the autoinstaller. When i try to install it , its says that he can find ext4.tar.gz on my storage , and than it reboot after 10 sec.

WHY IS THAT KNOW? I need my medicin. :-)