[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest voyteckst

Hey, I have a problem with the autoinstaller. When i try to install it , its says that he can find ext4.tar.gz on my storage , and than it reboot after 10 sec.

WHY IS THAT KNOW? I need my medicin. :-)

Put ext4.tar.gz to My Storage ;-)

Hey, I have a problem with the autoinstaller. When i try to install it , its says that he can find ext4.tar.gz on my storage , and than it reboot after 10 sec.

ext4.tar.gz is on the froyo_beta2_manual_inst.zip, copy it from there. Check the README.txt file, it has all the information you need ;)

Edited by eknohr

That change that makes /storage readeable? If yes, well... Tryed, couldn't succeced... I can list /storage with "ls" on terminal, but cannot open it on File Manager... But that did not stopped market to install apps before...

Well... I tried AoSra1n suggestion of reinstalling on a 1Gb partition, and it worked... tried 2Gb and it worked again... I'm only having problem with the 3Gb partition...

Is there any other modification on init.rc needed for a larger partition? Or any modifications on init.rc needed for a My Storage install?

Thanks for the help!

I have seen more people with problems with installs on partition > 1Gb ext4

No offense, but why would you want such a large install partition? If you want that much apps you would rather buy a device with 42" screen for icons?

Guest carlospaco

ext4.tar.gz is on the froyo_beta2_manual_inst.zip, copy it from there. Check the README.txt file, it has all the information you need ;)

i know and i did that. But it says can find it??????

i know and i did that. But it says can find it??????

You should have 2 partitions 1 hidden and 1 fat.

In my case I backed up everything from My Storage to my PC, then I format it in Windows (as Fat32, may be not required but won't kill you ether) and then I format it on Winmo (again). after that I restore all my information back to My Storage, that way I ensure that my partitions are ok. Try then to use the autoinstaller again.

Edited by eknohr

Guest shockwavenl

correct me if im wrong, but can i install the automatic Froyo without an extra sd card? so that i only use My Storage? otherwise i have to get myself a new sd card mad.gif

Guest mihai_mihai

your MyStorage isn't untuched, that is mentioned by devs in first post, mystorage should be mmcblk1p5 and u have 2 ways to restore that

method one: Flash WinMo with an MST. This will restore the default partition structure with a 512MB hidden partition as well.

method two: Use any partition tool like MiniTool, Easus or GParted(on linux) and delete all partitions. Then create a fat32 LOGICAL partition.

i only tested the fist and worked u will find official roms here http://pfc.treck.hu/...%2FROM%2F6.5%2F

Edited by mihai_mihai

Guest carlospaco

your MyStorage isn't untuched, that is mentioned by devs in first post, mystorage should be mmcblk1p5 and u have 2 ways to restore that

method one: Flash WinMo with an MST. This will restore the default partition structure with a 512MB hidden partition as well.

method two: Use any partition tool like MiniTool, Easus or GParted(on linux) and delete all partitions. Then create a fat32 LOGICAL partition.

i only tested the fist and worked u will find official roms here http://pfc.treck.hu/...%2FROM%2F6.5%2F

Correct me if i am wrong, MY STORAGE must be FAT32 Logical, i have it know PRIMARY. Is that not good?

OK that was my problem, it is ok, it need to be logical? Thanks

Edited by carlospaco

Guest sambosat

I know that my problem has been discussed so many times but I cant seem to solve it. after installing Android on My SD card and in the file manager I can see both partitions that I have created on the SD card but I cant see my internal 8GB no matter what I do can anyone help

startup.txt is created by installer...

hi ,i manual installed with ubuntu.

i installed on SD,sometimes can install successfully, sometimes was fail, i dont know why

Edited by longsin

Guest carlospaco

Hello, I have still problems with automatic installer. I get stucking on pink screen. I getting to like pink, help :-)

My storage is in 3 partitions, one is fat32 locigal where i put the files in.

My sd card i format it in fat32, do i do this in LOGICAL or PRIMARY.

Untarring the ext4.tar goes very well, than it reboot.

BUT THEN I CAN GET it to start it sticks on PINK SCREEN. I have tried evrything in startup. PLEASE HELP

Guest mihai_mihai

Hello, I have still problems with automatic installer. I get stucking on pink screen. I getting to like pink, help :-)

My storage is in 3 partitions, one is fat32 locigal where i put the files in.

My sd card i format it in fat32, do i do this in LOGICAL or PRIMARY.

Untarring the ext4.tar goes very well, than it reboot.

BUT THEN I CAN GET it to start it sticks on PINK SCREEN. I have tried evrything in startup. PLEASE HELP

flash an oficial rom if it didn't work, it worked for me it should for u, u will loose mystorage but that is your problem

u don't have mmcblk1p5 as mystorage read the first post

Edited by mihai_mihai

Guest shockwavenl

ok, i managed to get Froyo on it!:)

but where can i set the hardware buttons? its all over the place ..

oh, when i connect my phone to my pc i dont see the "my storage" anymore. i only see the ext3 partition i made on my sdcard :S is there a way to fix this?

otherwise i have to go in WM to put files on my device (btw i CAN see "my storage" on android)

Guest BassBionic

Does every one has problems with their battery or just a few of you? On WM it can be charged up to 100%. When I start up Android it shows 95%, sometimes 97%.

After using Android for a day or some the battery shows 8%. After rebooting and returning to WM the battery shows 15%.

Guest shockwavenl

ok, i managed to get Froyo on it!:)

but where can i set the hardware buttons? its all over the place ..

oh, when i connect my phone to my pc i dont see the "my storage" anymore. i only see the ext3 partition i made on my sdcard :S is there a way to fix this?

otherwise i have to go in WM to put files on my device (btw i CAN see "my storage" on android)

i dont need an answer to the my storage problem.. i just switch to windows now and often and then put the files on it.. so thats not a problem.

i got another problem now:

the Market app shuts itself down constantly, it gives en error.. and now it says nothing... it just closes ?!

is there a way to fix this?

EDIT:

meby stupid question... but HOW do i remove programs? i cant find an uninstall app and with manage apps i cant do it either... (and this has the highest priority!)

Meby to much asked, but can i use whatsapp and pingchat with wifi in somewhay or do i need 3g connection ? (i dont have 3g abbo atm..)

EDIT2:

Some apps request a sd card?!? its in... i made 2 partitions a fat32 and a ext3... so thats shoud be enough?

its the camera app (one of them but dunno others anymore..) it says: no sd card, please insert a sd card?!

is there a way to set default to my storage? (where the windows photo's are stored too)

and talking about the camera.. i read somewhere that it was limited to 5m? or is that fixed in beta 2?

EDIT3:

i have the strong feeling i miss some options in the options menu? i cant even set my device as mass storage mode...

and also remove apps does not work .. (what i mentioned earlier..)

Edited by shockwavenl

I have seen more people with problems with installs on partition > 1Gb ext4

No offense, but why would you want such a large install partition? If you want that much apps you would rather buy a device with 42" screen for icons?

Non offense taken... I need the space because I'm an attending doctor on an ER, I use the apps for lots of things while working and I need to be mobile... It's pretty hard to fit a 42" screen on my coat's pocket... :D! Even a 7" is pretty hard, imagine 42"! :D!

Well, thanks again for the help!

@shockwavenl

My Storage/SD Card not mounting on computer: You have to edit the init.rc file. Its been discussed before (somewhere between pages 30-45 --> do a search).

Market error: Try manage apps --> All (tab) --> market --> clear data. If that doesn't work you will need to reinstall android.

Uninstall: Hold down on app in app drawer and drag it over bin in launcher and wait till a message appears indicating 'drop to uninstall'. Otherwise go into manage apps --> click on the app and click uninstall.

Camera problem: SD not mounted, same solution as first problem.

Whatsapp: You can use if you have internet connection, doesnt matter if wifi or 3G.

I'd recommend formatting the SD card and starting over. Read instructions carefully, and do the autoinstall. I do a Primary FAT32 format of my SD card before i let autoinstaller handle the partition. SD card gets mounted fine. My Storage is under /storage in android system (but does not get mounted on pc, but i don't want it to anyway -- you could edit init.rc if you want this)

ps. stress less. you'll live longer. :)

Edited by AoSra1n

Hello.

Well... I'm having problems with phone. When I boot Android, it's said "No Service".

I was using Android since the Beta2 was released, and everything was working fine. But earlier today, that problem appeared.

Curiously, the problem do not happened during a reboot. Happened when the phone went to sleep.

I made a fresh install and the problem persists.

In Windows Mobile it's normal.

I noticed a lot of folks with problems in call.

I hope that it can be fixed.

Regards and thanks for all the fish.

Guest Manos13

Hello, i tried to install Froyo beta 2 with auto installer but whenever i try to run androidinstall.exe from o2beta folder i receive a message : "Could not open executable." I have made all steps that are included in readme.txt in autoinstaller zip (all my files are in storage plus the ext4.tar.gz) but always the same error. Any ideas?

Guest fakhzanis

i successfully install froyo in my storage.my problem is, after running for a couple minutes, my omnia is blank.i tought it was in standby mode, but the screen still blank n the battery become hot untill i pull out my battery and start the android again. please can some one have any solution for this?

Guest shockwavenl

@shockwavenl

My Storage/SD Card not mounting on computer: You have to edit the init.rc file. Its been discussed before (somewhere between pages 30-45 --> do a search).

Market error: Try manage apps --> All (tab) --> market --> clear data. If that doesn't work you will need to reinstall android.

Uninstall: Hold down on app in app drawer and drag it over bin in launcher and wait till a message appears indicating 'drop to uninstall'. Otherwise go into manage apps --> click on the app and click uninstall.

Camera problem: SD not mounted, same solution as first problem.

Whatsapp: You can use if you have internet connection, doesnt matter if wifi or 3G.

I'd recommend formatting the SD card and starting over. Read instructions carefully, and do the autoinstall. I do a Primary FAT32 format of my SD card before i let autoinstaller handle the partition. SD card gets mounted fine. My Storage is under /storage in android system (but does not get mounted on pc, but i don't want it to anyway -- you could edit init.rc if you want this)

ps. stress less. you'll live longer. :)

the init.rc file on the root folder? or the init.rc in the ext4.tar.gz ? (im using windows so that last file is not an option...)

i think the market error has something to do with that i dont have wifi connection... i am connected to my router though but i cant get on internet with the browser...

there was a topic or reply somewhere here that discussed this problem... but i cant find it:(

and i also cant find the init.rc thing.. ye i can find somehting that contains "init.rc" but not one that contains the code that i have to change..

EDIT: im reinstaling android now.. i formatted my sd card again and made 2 partitions of 2 gb. the first one set as primary: FAT32 and the second one as logical: ext4,

but when i click the androidinstall.exe from the o2beta folder somewhere in the code it says: sd card moutend, sd card empty and then it says that the partitions are to small and failed to copy files to it... wut?!?

Edited by shockwavenl