[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest erikcas

Hmmm Have I wrote that anywhere? Maybe this update will revert for using beta1 method for loading Phone image.

Would make me happy :-P

(oh no, already know how to do that)

Guest voyteckst

Are You sure? ;-) It will be temporary solution, because we want to load our phone image.

Guest erikcas

Offcourse I'm not sure, you know that :-). But still on B7610 as you know.

It is loading the spica phone image with spica's libsec-ril, stating all is well, but is doing nothing with it. No communication whatsoever. It is allmost driving me crazy (well, keeping in my mind it is only a phone) can't find any solution.

Using spica's modem.bin in the Beta1 way of loading phone, is working.

Guest João Rodolfo

I installed android from the site o2droid phj hu

It started well recognized my 3g network, get all my mails from gmail, syncronized everything.

That looked amazing but after some tests I started to get some problems.

Nothing really important or at this time I don't care about its but one problem I'm getting is really important to solve.

I cannot make calls.

When I try to do it it not complete the calling.

It also shows the icon that I have a message on my voicemail but If I try to get it something happen as it not complete the call or the calling is droped.

Does anyone here knows something about it?

Guest nikkotsoi

Are You sure? ;-) It will be temporary solution, because we want to load our phone image.

so do we need call light again?

for me, the phone is working

so i suggest to give to version of update ( one with beta1 phone part, one with the new one):)

Guest erikcas

so i suggest to give to version of update ( one with beta1 phone part, one with the new one):)

I think you should open an apart thread to discuss this (maybe a poll), because if such a version is released, we are not talking about Beta2 anymore. We cannot compare any data/phone/gps etc related things on this thread anymore, because the phone will control this in a complete different way then Beta2 does.

And in my opinion Beta2 does handle the phone as meant to handle "natively". Workaround for current bugs should therefore not be discussed in this thread.

Edit: See answer from Voyteckst on this in his next post after this one. He is very clear on this, thanx for this Voyteckst!

Edited by erikcas

Guest voyteckst

Calllight isn't needed - it's only way how Phone part is loaded. It will be released and used until we managed natively use of O2 Phone part like we use now modem.bin from I6500

Advantages:

- better phone signal

- IMEI

- all frequencies supported

Disadvantages:

- slower GPS fix (we're working on this)

This update will also contain:

- zImage - with increased reserved memory for 3D (now for example Angry Birds from market do not have white squares), WiFi sleep issue resolved (some ind of workaround), calling issue resolved (no more black screen)

- maybe (after some tests) Bluetooth

@erikcas: it's still beta2 ;-)

Edited by voyteckst

Guest João Rodolfo

Calllight isn't needed - it's only way how Phone part is loaded. It will be released and used until we managed natively use of O2 Phone part like we use now modem.bin from I6500

Advantages:

- better phone signal

- IMEI

Disadvantages:

- zImage - with increased reserved memory for 3D (now for example Angry Birds from market do not have white squares), WiFi sleep issue resolved (some ind of workaround), calling issue resolved (no more black screen)

Where to get this files?

It will solve calling problems?

Guest erikcas

Advantages:

- better phone signal

- IMEI

Disadvantages:

:-) oke let's agree on that. I will edit my post.

One question, will only two modules be affected by this workaround, or will some kernelcode be changed too?

With only modules changed, the phone/data part is a bit laggy..

Guest voyteckst

:-) oke let's agree on that. I will edit my post.

One question, will only two modules be affected by this workaround, or will some kernelcode be changed too?

With only modules changed, the phone/data part is a bit laggy..

Kernel and modules. But for changing how phone part is loaded, only dpram module is needed.

Sources aren't published yet.

One more thing I forgot: battery percentage will be like in Windows Mobile.

Edited by voyteckst

Guest erikcas

Kernel and modules. But for changing how phone part is loaded, only dpram module is needed.

Sources aren't published yet.

One more thing I forgot: battery percentage will be like in Windows Mobile.

You are shure about that? I don´t doubt you, but (on offcourse B7610) with current multidpd module, firmware is not loaded.

Just to be shure.

Guest voyteckst

You are shure about that? I don´t doubt you, but (on offcourse B7610) with current multidpd module, firmware is not loaded.

Just to be shure.

Yes I'm sure. But of course all modules will be updated.

Guest nikkotsoi

Advantages:

- better phone signal

- IMEI

Disadvantages:

thank you for your clear explanation :)

I am so happy to see the update

i have used the beta 2 since it was published till now

What is Windows Mobile? i forgot already, since the beta 2 is already stable enough for me to put wm away:P

Advantages:

- better phone signal

- IMEI

Disadvantages:

And what about the in-call volume problem? :) i tried again it after a restart but still strange, sometimes louder sometimes its okay, and if i try to adjust it the sound goes away.

Guest voyteckst

And what about the in-call volume problem? :) i tried again it after a restart but still strange, sometimes louder sometimes its okay, and if i try to adjust it the sound goes away.

I haven't observed such problem on my phone. It works fine both on normal phone and via bluetooth.

Edited by voyteckst

I haven't observed such problem on my phone. It works fine both on normal phone and via bluetooth.

hmm... maybe then hardware related problem? the sound sometimes goes away in windows too though, but not when i adjust the volume and it is never louder.

Guest João Rodolfo

Don't You understand "will" word? It's not published yet.

Thanks for your kind response...

Edited by João Rodolfo

Guest aafi-rocks

Thank you all the Dev's to get the IMEI working. Appreciate all your time and efforts.

Please take your time and then release the update.