[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

From today my wifi turns off all the time. I turn it on start searching for networks, says unable to scan for networks and turns off by itself? I even rebooted phone but still same error!

Everything back to normal after another reboot, strange thing....

Edited by vidavi

Guest wlw6600

i've never managed to make the camera work and it crashed every time i started it, with an error message saying xxx has stopped unexpectedly. i tried installing it to internal storage and external SD card but neither method works. anyone else?

I have the same error about of camera,It happened in B2,

In B1,camera can be run once,

if I quit ,For a moment and run it again, it will occur this error:force close.

when i reboot,the camera can be run once again.

But in B2,i can't run camera success,

My O2 android:Install to my storage,A sdcard is 1G,FAT32,WM is JI1,phone is JJ1

Guest katokato

Hi,

I've installed Froyo B2 with automatic install and NO OTHER PATCHES on 2 differents O2 and after 2 days they're working fine:

GPRS : OK

HDSPA:OK

3G:OK

Phone call: OK

Rx phone call:OK

GPS: OK

WIFI : connect to AP but don't work for navigation

CAMERA : initially ok but crash after a while. Solved after reboot

VOICE COMMAND: don't work (work only one time afrer a phone call)

BATTERY INDICATOR: up to 100% after charge

BATTERY LIFE: 1 day with gprs e-mail sincronization and 3 phone calls ( 1.5 days in WM mode and same use)

MARKET : OK

Many many many many....thanks to DEV team! :)

Kk

I need your help, who known what wrong about the camera,it run success only once (In b1) or can't run (In b2), thanks.

anybody success?

Format your sd card again.I think your sd card has invisible patitions.

good luck!

Guest shockwavenl

how did you guys do the manual install?

when i try to copy the ext4.tar.gz to the ext4 filesystem on mystorage it always says: permission denied.

it just stops copying at 40mb or something.

i already claimed the rights of all stuff (i think).

but some files have an arrow to it that it is "somewhere" else, and some with a cross at the icon.

what do i do about this?!?ohmy.gif

oh btw, i'm using ubuntu 11.04

Edited by shockwavenl

when i try to copy the ext4.tar.gz to the ext4 filesystem on mystorage it always says: permission denied.

but some files have an arrow to it that it is "somewhere" else, and some with a cross at the icon.

get a clue from what l3ong91 put down in xda

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1040025

I tried 10s of time and each time a good go

Guest xibianliang

Make sure you're extracting the files with the permissions of superuser. Sudo -s

Guest sgmem88

why, i see no mention of camera key being fixed or GPU being ported from other devices in this thread http://www.51haoa.co...&extra=page%3D1

i'm also a member of that forum. and if there is any major breakthrough, i'll let you guys know. but none for the moment.

Hi xibianliang and job21,

did any of you manage to try this?

http://www.51haoa.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=315000&extra=page%3D1&page=1

Guest AoSra1n

http://www.51haoa.co...page%3D1&page=1

I like this bit 'phone calls without the delay!', '1% per hour on standby', and 'runs fast and smoother'. Big claims. Someone should check it out. Xibianliang...can you do it?

Also, why is it that the chinese posters always write an essay? So many words! :P

http://www.51haoa.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=315000&extra=page%3D1&page=1

hi sgmem,I've tried that but soon give up.

Reason: despite its eyeraising performance(mainly app. Driven),there're a few lmiitations.

The Chinese only interface (even i can read),the other minor touch up (like xibian mentioned just skin deep)

Most importantly,it didn't solve the camera issue at all

So I put hope on dev team here again

Guest andylau

just a strange problem here:

when my phone stays in android, the screen went to the startup "ANDROID" scenery suddenly without reboot to wm, and then it boot in android just like a reboot, this have happened twice.

anyone has the same problem?

Guest thanh_nha0706

when my phone stays in android, the screen went to the startup "ANDROID" scenery suddenly without reboot to wm, and then it boot in android just like a reboot, this have happened twice.

Me, too. Especially when it hung, it automatically restarted without WM in between.

hi sgmem,I've tried that but soon give up.

Reason: despite its eyeraising performance(mainly app. Driven),there're a few lmiitations.

The Chinese only interface (even i can read),the other minor touch up (like xibian mentioned just skin deep)

Most importantly,it didn't solve the camera issue at all

So I put hope on dev team here again

every think same only good skin thats all disapointed

is possible somebody prepare iso file

Guest nikkotsoi

me too

and the android will sometimes become laggy after that

i will choose to reboot once myself ;)

Guest shockwavenl

get a clue from what l3ong91 put down in xda

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1040025

I tried 10s of time and each time a good go

that still does not fix my problem.

Make sure you're extracting the files with the permissions of superuser. Sudo -s

this doesnt either.

now my ubuntu even crashes when copying the files. it hangs on like 40 mb of 170 and then CRASH , in virtualbox it just freezes and on my laptop with ubuntu on it i get some random code and cant do anythinghuh.gif

does someone know how i can brutally/force to copy to the filesystem without anything that whines?

Guest erikcas

that still does not fix my problem.

this doesnt either.

now my ubuntu even crashes when copying the files. it hangs on like 40 mb of 170 and then CRASH , in virtualbox it just freezes and on my laptop with ubuntu on it i get some random code and cant do anythinghuh.gif

does someone know how i can brutally/force to copy to the filesystem without anything that whines?

Are you copying files? You have to untar from command-line.

sudo tar zxvf ext4.tar.gz -C /media/disk

(replace disk for your partition name)

Copying files wont work

Guys ,there is a re edited versoin of beta 1 by comparing with the current latest b2 one , for those who cant use the b2 one , u can try this one .. however ,i cant try it yet due to unable to ownload the zip file they provide , so if someone able to download it , if is possible please send to me ... i m dying for android right now :(

this is the website http://www.51haoa.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=345991&extra=page=1

Edited by riku89

Guest shockwavenl

Are you copying files? You have to untar from command-line.

sudo tar zxvf ext4.tar.gz -C /media/disk

(replace disk for your partition name)

Copying files wont work

i tried that but it says: no such file in directory, where do i have to put the ext4.tar.gz file?

oh i fixed it.. i think. but now it copies most of the stuff to the ext4 partition. but it doesnt copy/untars all things... how do i fix thathuh.gif

oh wait: now i get all kind of errors: Read-only filesystem (why that stupid error again >.<)

and it just suddenly unmounts itself when giving the error...

(and deletes all files again ofc)

EDIT:

i tried it again using root in terminal. and still the same error, it just hangs on some pointmad.gif

Edited by shockwavenl

i tried that but it says: no such file in directory, where do i have to put the ext4.tar.gz file?

oh i fixed it.. i think. but now it copies most of the stuff to the ext4 partition. but it doesnt copy/untars all things... how do i fix thathuh.gif

oh wait: now i get all kind of errors: Read-only filesystem (why that stupid error again >.<)

and it just suddenly unmounts itself when giving the error...

(and deletes all files again ofc)

EDIT:

i tried it again using root in terminal. and still the same error, it just hangs on some pointmad.gif

I guess there's something wrong with your connector, try with another USB cable / card reader / SD adapter

Guest wlw6600

good luck!

:(

Bad luck,I have checked the partitions,but it has not invisible partitions,and when I change it to other SD card , the camera force closed happened again,

Guest wlw6600

good luck!

thanks ,

so I think the error not about the SD card but about of my storage which I installed the beta android ,

I move the SD card , the error like the same .

:(

Bad luck,I have checked the partitions,but it has not invisible partitions,and when I change it to other SD card , the camera force closed happened again,

camera force close is an unsolved issue with B2 (at least to some user), so doesn't matter if u use SD or storage installation