[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest peyman_omnia2

partition code was wrong

if SD is inserted when installing

SD card = mmcblk0

storage = mmcblk1

partition code: primary p1,p2,p3 / logical p5,p6,p7

what i do know?plz tell me what is the way?

Guest marisaleh

You do not need any app for swap...

--------------------------------------------------------------------

And one more thing... Sorry, but if installer don't work and no one will test it, I just will not repair it, because I don't have time for testing such things. Someone declared that will test my corrections and now, it's working for him, so no testing... It just don't work like that. I'm really disappointed with that...

Can you please voyteckst tell me what will be the advantage of installing to My Storage over to installing to SD Card.

I am worried that if I try the autoinstall to My Storage and if it goes wrong I won't be able to go back and install

to SD Card.

SD Card install seems to work fine for me.

Can you please confirm that I can go back and install to SD without a problem if installing to My Storage doesn't

work well. I can't format and create partitions manually because I don't have any linux environment or tools.

I only have windows. That is why I am reluctant to try My Storage method

... skip ...

I can't format and create partitions manually because I don't have any linux environment or tools.

I only have windows. That is why I am reluctant to try My Storage method

pls use minitool partition wizard for paritioning / formating under windows

Guest nikkotsoi

i was able to install the beta 3 with the installer properly

but since the android hangs and i decided to reinstall again

but it 's no longer success anymore=[

how to solve the problem of can't overlap partition?

tried many times and format my sd card a few times already

thx

After formatting the sd with minitools

it works again~ thx

Edited by nikkotsoi

Guest marisaleh

pls use minitool partition wizard for paritioning / formating under windows

BTW does anybody know if the autoinstall to My Storage has been repaired yet.

I would like to try the autoinstall method.

BTW does anybody know if the autoinstall to My Storage has been repaired yet.

I would like to try the autoinstall method.

just in last page, Voyteckst mentioned bug in my storage installer will NOT be fixed for the moment Edited by Job21

voyteckst: thank you guys so much for your work, beta3 fixes pretty much all major bugs! i can totally understand your frustration with the installer, but why do you waste your time with the noobs here? other forum members can help them out with installation problems or ubuntu troubles :)

one last thing: enabling bluetooth works for me, but scanning for other devices always has zero results, even if there are plenty in range. is that a known problem at the moment?

everything works for me ,except the time and the wifi .

i connected to the WIFI ( i check my router) , but wonder why cant transfer the online data , like surfin the market and so on ..

thanks developer for the beta 3 :)

Guest zappazz

I MANUALLY upgraded my working beta2 (installed on My Storage) to beta3, through Ubuntu (without using installer at all):

-launched Ubuntu

-connected the O2

-"untarred" the update file onto the beta2 partition

-copyed the new zImage

Rebooted and... it works ... i'm using beta3: Bluetooh is working, Wifi is working (with dynamic ip), Angry Bird is working, ...

Question: how can it is possible that beta 3 is running without the swap partition?

is the swap partition opzional? it is using the same ext4 partition I already Had for Android?

I'm really confused.

I'm going to create a swap partition on the SD card, but i would like to know if it is optional (because my class4 Sd card resulted very slow with

Android experiments...)

DEVs: THANKS THANKS THANKS for bluetooth implementation; now i can finally e definitively switch to Android (i need bluetooth for everyday use to

phone onto my car).

Edited by zappazz

Guest marisaleh

just in last page, Voyteckst mentioned bug in my storage installer will NOT be fixed for the moment

So how does Voyteckst expect us to test My Storage installation if the installer WON'T be fixed.

another possible improvement maybe?

with BT connected, making a phone call won't go through BT earphone automatically, has to change manually

(I've to admit I'm playing with a new BT headset and not familiar with it yet)

Edited by Job21

Guest katokato

I've tested the memory on my b3 full fresh installation on sd by calling free command.

Mem:

total: 124188

used:119984

free:4204

swap:

total: 124992

used: 16828

free: 108164

Is this Ok? I've found many problems on the wm fat (corrected by checkdisk) after a while of android usage. Can It depend from swap usage? How can I use a dedicated partition ?

Camera after few usage don't work anymore (application don't open).

My regards.

Edited by katokato

Guest erikcas

You do not need any app for swap...

--------------------------------------------------------------------

And one more thing... Sorry, but if installer don't work and no one will test it, I just will not repair it, because I don't have time for testing such things. Someone declared that will test my corrections and now, it's working for him, so no testing... It just don't work like that. I'm really disappointed with that...

Count me in Voyteckst

since dev team will not fix Beta 3 installer, would any one create "unofficial" step by step how to install on my storage?

I had follow the thread.. and still not understand how to install fresh Beta 3 manually.. :( (not upgrade from Beta 2..)

thx to dev team.. and all member here..

ps : sorry for my bad english.. I'm Indonesian.. :P

Guest lotuxete

Hi,

Everything is working fine in new beta. Fresh install... 256Mb swap partition... great job ¡¡

But... we need more support about swap, please.

- How can we test if swap is working correctly?

- I can't find /etc/fstab nor /system/ect/fstab file, so I can't add the necessary entry. Why?

Thanks ¡

Guest erikcas
since dev team will not fix Beta 3 installer, would any one create "unofficial" step by step how to install on my storage?

I had follow the thread.. and still not understand how to install fresh Beta 3 manually.. (not upgrade from Beta 2..)

thx to dev team.. and all member here..

ps : sorry for my bad english.. I'm Indonesian..

It will not be published when no one is willing to volunteer to test.

Again, count me in for testing

Guest voyteckst

Hi,

Everything is working fine in new beta. Fresh install... 256Mb swap partition... great job ¡¡

- I can't find /etc/fstab nor /system/ect/fstab file, so I can't add the necessary entry. Why?

Thanks ¡

So, just read more on the web. But I think that optimal swap size is 128MB or less. Higher values are not recommended, because it's not RAM.

Guest Alter88

Been reading the android on omnia2 topics for a while and have had all beta's running on my omnia2. Great jobs devs!

If you need any testing, please let me know what exactly should be tested and I'll be glad to help you guys out. :)

Guest alabama20

Hi,

Thanks ¡

You can test out swap by Dev tools => Terminal emulator => type in "free" of course without the " "marks ;)

And then it will write out a few lines and try to find the one with swap. Ow and if you have different numbers than 0-s then your swap is working but if you have 0 0 0 then it's not working...

Edited by alabama20

Guest alabama20

So, just read more on the web. But I think that optimal swap size is 128MB or less. Higher values are not recommended, because it's not RAM.

128MB is far enough i checked the swap usage from yesterday in every hour and the max usage was around 7MB. So nobody will need bigger swap than 128MB.

PS.: Voyteck i writed to you a message... And i'll help in testing too.

Guest marisaleh

Hi,

Fresh install where,

to SD Card or to My Storage

Thanks ¡

It will not be published when no one is willing to volunteer to test.

Again, count me in for testing

thx mate.. I'll wait good news from you.. I wish I can help you to test it.. :)