[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest rom_omnia2

i did nothing but using the original version, press end button_reboot_recovery, and i choose reboot_reboot, it boot into android without start wm which happened only once, so i think our phone supports recovery but maybe more work should be done

Sometimes Android freezes and we got that Android Logo Animation, but it's not a boot. It happend to me when i was trying to reboot, but wasn't a recovery mode, was a freeze.

Edited by rom_omnia2

Guest shoarmabakpao

@Voyteckst & Other dev's

My Android is installed on an Class 4 SD CARD. (Speed may Increase when used on an faster SD CARD or on MyStorage install)

I found something called Chainfire3D (The same person improved the 3d driver on our Omnia 2 on Windows Mobile aswell)

This + the plug-in's (Nvidia plug-in,Qualcomm-plug-in, POWERVR-plug-in) or no plug-in will improve the performance of OpenGL applications.

Even though it mentions OpenGL I applied it on LauncherPro and now the app-drawer is as smooth as an native android device (such as LG GT540, Samsung Galaxy S)

I even gave a shot at Asphalt 5 HD(Yes, ASPHALT 5HD!!) and without ChainFire3D I had 0-1fps now with ChainFire3D+plug-in+my settings put right for my omnia 2 I get around 5-12fps!

That's alot more with just ChainFire3D. I use ChainFire3D Pro (bought from the market) You could find it from warez but I recommend supporting ChainFire because he really helped just about every android device!

Angrybirds works also smoother (with Beta3 it worked very well, with the real graphics and no white squares) In Beta3 it lacked performance and the big demanding levels but with ChainFire3D the big performance gap was alot less. Now if I play with WiFi off, (with no ad's) the lag is really low at the biggest and most demanding levels of angrybirds. Most levels are butter smooth!

Mabey Voyteckst & other dev's you could take a look at his work and mabey import some of his modification's so you could just copy & paste it (said very easily) and then put it natively in the next build. Mabey also implent it in the menu's and UI so the workload of our Omnia 2 is at a minimum.

Edited by shoarmabakpao

Guest antonio junior

@Voyteckst & Other dev's

My Android is installed on an Class 4 SD CARD. (Speed may Increase when used on an faster SD CARD or on MyStorage install)

I found something called Chainfire3D (The same person improved the 3d driver on our Omnia 2 on Windows Mobile aswell)

This + the plug-in's (Nvidia plug-in,Qualcomm-plug-in, POWERVR-plug-in) or no plug-in will improve the performance of OpenGL applications.

Even though it mentions OpenGL I applied it on LauncherPro and now the app-drawer is as smooth as an native android device (such as LG GT540, Samsung Galaxy S)

I even gave a shot at Asphalt 5 HD(Yes, ASPHALT 5HD!!) and without ChainFire3D I had 0-1fps now with ChainFire3D+plug-in+my settings put right for my omnia 2 I get around 5-12fps!

That's alot more with just ChainFire3D. I use ChainFire3D Pro (bought from the market) You could find it from warez but I recommend supporting ChainFire because he really helped just about every android device!

if you install Android on the internal storage and I managed to turn the chainfire3d help me .... installing internal memory that does not work! when using the installation on the memory card just fine but now does not work .... der to do the test. or if someone has already taken care of installing the chainfire3d explains how these conditions did.

the description of the app says that I need a partition / system writable, and that he is giving the error when I install the application driver, says he does not have space / system, if anyone has any tips would be much appreciated.

Edited by antonio junior

Guest shockwavenl

NEW TUTORIAL MY STORAGE INSTALLATION WITHOUT LINUX

-First autoinstall your froyo beta 3 in sd card

-Remove your sd

-Connect your phone as my storage usb than resize your fat32 for remain enough unlocated free spase 978+128 mb

-Connect you sd with any adapter to your pc same time than with using easus(epm ) copy your sd partitions(ex4 and swap only which is written "other" in epm) to your mystorage<br>than in your starup txt

copy this

enjoy

Set kernel zImage

Set ramsize 180*1024*1024

Set mtype 1626

Set ramaddr 0x50000000

Set kernelcrc 1

Set CMDLINE "rootdelay=2 root=/dev/mmcblk1p2 init=/init console=ttySAC2,115200"

setbitp 0x7F008808 5 1

pfw 0x7f005800 4 0x3

pfw 0x7f005804 4 0x805

pfw 0x7f005808 4 0x7

pfw 0x7f00580c 4 0x0

pfw 0x7f005828 4 0x11

pfw 0x7f00582c 4 0x80

boot

can someone confirm this?

Guest lalinde89

@Voyteckst & Other dev's

Angrybirds works also smoother (with Beta3 it worked very well, with the real graphics and no white squares) In Beta3 it lacked performance and the big demanding levels but with ChainFire3D the big performance gap was alot less. Now if I play with WiFi off, (with no ad's) the lag is really low at the biggest and most demanding levels of angrybirds. Most levels are butter smooth!

Im trying to install the CF3D driver but it give me an error...(could not write to/system)!what could i do?!!

thx!

Mabey Voyteckst & other dev's you could take a look at his work and mabey import some of his modification's so you could just copy & paste it (said very easily) and then put it natively in the next build. Mabey also implent it in the menu's and UI so the workload of our Omnia 2 is at a minimum.

Guest lalinde89

@Voyteckst & Other dev's

Im trying to install CF3D driver but it give me an error..(could not write to/system)!what could i do?!!

thx!

Guest antonio junior

Im trying to install CF3D driver but it give me an error..(could not write to/system)!what could i do?!!

thx!

seems you need to have permission to write / system. I'm also looking for how to solve it.

Guest shoarmabakpao

thx!

I did nothing special to install it. I just downloaded it and press install CF3D driver. Phone automaticly rebooted and that's it. I was able to acces all the menu's

I am on an SD-card install.

I just found the best options to have on when playing Angry Birds. It really limits the lag to almost 0. In very demanding levels it will still have a little bit lag but it's fine. After the first shot the lag will be most likely be almost gone.

EDIT: Also with Asphalt 5 I really think it is weird. When I just play it it without having set ChainFire3D the graphics will be normal. If I then select the option to lower textures the graphics will be horrible and the game will still lag. If I select 'Unroll textures (makes textures full 32-bit color.+Reduce texture size+Plug-in (NVIDIA) the game will be at full quality + it will have alot more fps. At around 5-12fps.

That's what makes me confused. 1 hardware. many softwares. With no CF3D driver it has 100% lag 0-2fps. with CF3D driver + the right options you will have around 5-12fps. That's just insane.

If the 3D driver could be improved some more mabey even Asphalt 5 HD will be play-able since Angrybirds is already very well play-able. Raging Thunder is almost 100% lag free with the right settings. Raging Thunder 2 has white squares at the car :( But it isn't really choppy. At around 5 fps-10fps it still works.

Edited by shoarmabakpao

Guest lalinde89

seems you need to have permission to write / system. I'm also looking for how to solve it.

ok!!it will be great to know how to do it!! thx by the way!if you discover how, i will appreciate to let me know!

Guest antonio junior

I did nothing special to install it. I just downloaded it and press install CF3D driver. Phone automaticly rebooted and that's it. I was able to acces all the menu's

I just found the best options to have on when playing Angry Birds. It really limits the lag to almost 0. In very demanding levels it will still have a little bit lag but it's fine. After the first shot the lag will be most likely be almost gone.

ok but the problem is given for installation in internal memory, which does not happen CF3Ddriver installation. someone has to give a solution.

Guest lalinde89

i am on sd card install too...but i dont know why i couldnt install the cf3d driver...!!it give me that error so theres no reboot...

Guest master_cheats

hi. I installed froyo beta 3 on my storage, all is ok, just G-sensor is not workig, when i turn telephone horizontal do not chance for example in gallery or board. Does anyone knows why??

Guest carlospaco

Hey , I have install android like galdakan have, and i have mystorage ass storage card. I must say till know everything works fast and great. I have alsop install CF3D without any problems.

Will no test it and let you know, about a day.

Guest marisaleh

I am pleased to confirm that I have now completed the

the I/O config for my storage manual install.

All basic functions are now working.

Sdcard

My Storage

USB debug

USB data connection to pc.

Camera

All the above is done in Froyo b3.

You can go to init.rc and add additional

mounts to more external Devices

Make sure though that you create

new mount points for example

mystorage to connect to My Storage

you can also use the existing /storage

to create a mount for USB Data connections.

Guest antonio junior

realized chainfire3D install, it's about write permission in the directory (folder) /system having to modify it to allow the user, others, or only user, group, others can read and write to the folder. I did the whole procedure in ubunto via terminal. no doubt can search this site

http://www.treinalin.../degraca/chmod/

google translator is Brazilian but solved.

detail to make it easier to enter, via the terminal in the directory where you installed your Android.

Edited by antonio junior

Guest shockwavenl

NEW TUTORIAL MY STORAGE INSTALLATION WITHOUT LINUX

-First autoinstall your froyo beta 3 in sd card

-Remove your sd

-Connect your phone as my storage usb than resize your fat32 for remain enough unlocated free spase 978+128 mb

-Connect you sd with any adapter to your pc same time than with using easus(epm ) copy your sd partitions(ex4 and swap only which is written "other" in epm) to your mystorage<br>than in your starup txt

copy this

enjoy

Set kernel zImage

Set ramsize 180*1024*1024

Set mtype 1626en ho

Set ramaddr 0x50000000

Set kernelcrc 1

Set CMDLINE "rootdelay=2 root=/dev/mmcblk1p2 init=/init console=ttySAC2,115200"

setbitp 0x7F008808 5 1

pfw 0x7f005800 4 0x3

pfw 0x7f005804 4 0x805

pfw 0x7f005808 4 0x7

pfw 0x7f00580c 4 0x0

pfw 0x7f005828 4 0x11

pfw 0x7f00582c 4 0x80

boot

i tried this.. NO SUCCES! when i just copy the partitions to the unallocated space and then reboot my phone.. there are no files.. so its useless xD or did i miss something??

when i go to file explorer there is no my storage?? and it asks for format...

Edited by shockwavenl

Guest lalinde89

@Voyteckst & Other dev's

Did you make something to install the driver??i cant get them...!!still getting the error..

Guest rom_omnia2

About Chainfire3D, all it does is reduce texture size, so the game will need less memory increasing the performance. But in beta 3 we have enough memory for G3D.

It can't upgrade the performance like a processor upgrade, that is what we would need to run games like Asphalt 5, or another phone.

Let's keep in mind that the phone still the same, we are just running another system. There's no milagre, isn't Asplhalt 5 for a high end device?

Edited by rom_omnia2

Guest shoarmabakpao

About Chainfire3D, all it does is reduce texture size, so the game i'll need less memory increasing the performance. But in beta 3 we have enough memory for G3D.

It can't upgrade the performance like a processor upgrade. That is what you need to run games like Asphalt 5, or another phone.

Let's keep in mind that the phone still the same, we are just running another system. There's no milagre, isn't Asplhalt 5 for a high end device?

No. Asphalt 5 isn't only for high-end devices. My little brother's phone. An LG GT540. When he bought it it had Android 1.6 which he purchased back then for130 euro. Now the same phone costs 67 euro. He flashed android 2.2 to it. The performance increased. Then he installed an custem rom with android 2.3.5 and now the only lag he had before is GONE! He as no lag on all the HD title games I tried.

NFS Shift

Asphalt 5 HD

Nova 2 HD, no lag

Miami Vindication, no lag

Just about everything I tried on it is butter smooth. And all this by just an software update. From stock 2.2 firmware to custom modified android 2.3.5 (android 2.3 is just a minor gpu improvement over 2.2 wich isn't noticeable, so the tweaks in the software made it such fast)

Edited by shoarmabakpao

Guest shoarmabakpao

Did you make something to install the driver??i cant get them...!!still getting the error..

Sometimes I can't get root acces with ChainFire3D (needs root to start it up)

Our Omnia 2 is already rooted but sometimes it fails. My solution to that is to reboot and hope that it works with the root acces permission.

My android installtion is the stock install from their website and I installed it on an slow class 4 sd card. I can't see my internal storage. So I got the most stock installation that you could get =S