[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

What is the obsession with My Storage installs?

Ok, maybe if you don't have an SD card (Why not? They are so cheap now), or if the SD card you have is as old as the hills, but class 4 SD cards have been around for ages and you can buy class 10 SD cards really cheap nowadays.

IMO, a class 4 or better SD card is as fast as My Storage and it has the big advantage that you can easily replace it. If I'm not mistaken (maybe I am), "My Storage" is NAND ROM flash and that has a useful lifetime of 100,000 writes (could be as little as 10,000 if earlier technology). So if you put a swap file on there and perform 1,000 writes a day; your My Storage is going to last less than 4 months before pages start going bad.

Well, maybe I am mistaken, but I'm not going to take the chance personally.

Guest rom_omnia2

Ok, maybe if you don't have an SD card (Why not? They are so cheap now), or if the SD card you have is as old as the hills, but class 4 SD cards have been around for ages and you can buy class 10 SD cards really cheap nowadays.

IMO, a class 4 or better SD card is as fast as My Storage and it has the big advantage that you can easily replace it. If I'm not mistaken (maybe I am), "My Storage" is NAND ROM flash and that has a useful lifetime of 100,000 writes (could be as little as 10,000 if earlier technology). So if you put a swap file on there and perform 1,000 writes a day; your My Storage is going to last less than 4 months before pages start going bad.

Yes, you are right. But does our omnia 2 (WinMo)

support a class 10 sdhc card?

Well, anyway a class 6 is more than enough.

Issue closed after i managed to recover the partition using gparted in unbuntu. But still i am having problem to manual install in internal storage due to i have little knowledge on linux command, will try again tonight...

i tried to install beta2 into internal storage and update to beta3 later but somehow it hung half way, i have no choice to remove the battery and after restarting the window and my storage is gone. Please teach me how to recover my storage.

Guest antonio junior

if that is the problem ... android install memory and swap the memory card. Now it's all inline so they do not have a card class 10. For those who want to use. Partition the memory card in fat 32 and linux swap. Check gparted in which the number of swap. and puts it in thefstab file. The mine was / dev/block/mmcblk0p2 as the swap partition is 2 sdc, because the first is fat 32. So working.

Guest lalinde89

About Chainfire3D, all it does is reduce texture size, so the game will need less memory increasing the performance. But in beta 3 we have enough memory for G3D.

It can't upgrade the performance like a processor upgrade, that is what we would need to run games like Asphalt 5, or another phone.

Let's keep in mind that the phone still the same, we are just running another system. There's no milagre, isn't Asplhalt 5 for a high end device?

yeah asphalt 5 isnt for high end divice, by the way i know you are right but i have seen diveces running games like asphalt 5 smooth with less ram and speed processor!i dont know why lol..but thats why i think our device is getting better with beta 3 and sooner upgrades!!maybe someone can explain how does this work...why some less capable devices run smooth some 3d games..??

by the way, i think this project is great!!!thx a lot!

Guest lalinde89

No. Asphalt 5 isn't only for high-end devices. My little brother's phone. An LG GT540. When he bought it it had Android 1.6 which he purchased back then for130 euro. Now the same phone costs 67 euro. He flashed android 2.2 to it. The performance increased. Then he installed an custem rom with android 2.3.5 and now the only lag he had before is GONE! He as no lag on all the HD title games I tried.

NFS Shift

Asphalt 5 HD

Nova 2 HD, no lag

Miami Vindication, no lag

Just about everything I tried on it is butter smooth. And all this by just an software update. From stock 2.2 firmware to custom modified android 2.3.5 (android 2.3 is just a minor gpu improvement over 2.2 wich isn't noticeable, so the tweaks in the software made it such fast)

yeah thats what i was thinking, but im new in this lol!

LG GT540=600 MHz processor

Guest lalinde89

Sometimes I can't get root acces with ChainFire3D (needs root to start it up)

Our Omnia 2 is already rooted but sometimes it fails. My solution to that is to reboot and hope that it works with the root acces permission.

My android installtion is the stock install from their website and I installed it on an slow class 4 sd card. I can't see my internal storage. So I got the most stock installation that you could get =S

3 reboots and nothing...the same error..!i dont know whats happening!(could not write to/system)

what could i do??!

Guest voyteckst

yeah thats what i was thinking, but im new in this lol!

LG GT540=600 MHz processor

It's not about frequency, it's about graphics and CPU technology.

Edited by voyteckst

i tried this.. NO SUCCES! when i just copy the partitions to the unallocated space and then reboot my phone.. there are no files.. so its useless xD or did i miss something??

when i go to file explorer there is no my storage?? and it asks for format...

i tried two times it is ok you may made a mistake ?

Guest lalinde89

It's not about frequency, it's about graphics and CPU technology.

thx voyteckst!!so how our o2 manage the graphics??does dedicated graphics accelerator is the same as gpu??sorry about the noob questions...im trying to learn a little bit lol

Hi devs, I thing I had a bug while talking on speaker, a black lock screen with no response.

Today I was driving and received a call, so I turn on the speaker and talk about 10 min, then I get home, but when I tried to turn off the speaker I was not able, the screen remains black and locked!

I was still on my conversation so the phone was working, but the display was black, I tried every button on the phone, except the end key, and even swipe my hand in front the sensor and nothing; so I decide to connect my phone to my Pc and since I have the option of "stay awake while charging" ON, my phone turns my screen on again.

I thought that this bug was solve on beta 3 or may be is a new one or just back look and is just me.

Hope this may help to prevent an error, if any.

Guest erikcas

Voyteckst,

thanx for suggestion on B7610 wifi. again a piece solved. Rebuilt libhardware_legacy.so (from spica source). It is now trying to load wl1271. It still doesn´t load it, but I am a step further

Guest xibianliang

USB data transfer on my phone doesn't work any more, both in WM and Android. i plug it into my computer and it is unrecognized but i can be charged via USB. also, the phone can not be charged from AC outlet when turned on. i have to switch off the phone to charge the battery. i tried a hard reset but that didn't change anything. anyone know what's wrong? is it hardware-related?

USB data transfer on my phone doesn't work any more, both in WM and Android. i plug it into my computer and it is unrecognized but i can be charged via USB. also, the phone can not be charged from AC outlet when turned on. i have to switch off the phone to charge the battery. i tried a hard reset but that didn't change anything. anyone know what's wrong? is it hardware-related?

for usb issue, u may try this

forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=961956

follow the steps and the connect success rate improves a lot

Guest kourabies

its a great "how to" post and i did it i think correctly. i have 1 question. is there any way for omnia 2 to start android at the startup? every time i shut down my phone or make a restart it boots winmo. can that be changed to boot android? how can i transfer the contacts of my phone's phone book?

thanks

its a great "how to" post and i did it i think correctly. i have 1 question. is there any way for omnia 2 to start android at the startup? every time i shut down my phone or make a restart it boots winmo. can that be changed to boot android? how can i transfer the contacts of my phone's phone book?

thanks

No, coz it doesn't have boot loader.

Guest shockwavenl
i tried two times it is ok you may made a mistake ?

i wil try it again today.. but when install it on SD card it makes an ext3 partition but it has to be ext4 right? why is that wrong?? oh when i took out my sd to copy it and it didnt work. then i put it back and when i run haret.exe it ask for a txt file and everything is wrong?!? thats not normal i think.

EDIT: i think i know what mistake i made.. i putted the files on de sdcard but they need to be on mystorage according to the manual..</div><div>but when i try to run it it fives an error and says end? and cant do anything.mad.gif whats wrong with that?

i just do this: put files on my storage, go to o2beta folder and hit androidinstall.exe ?!?

Edited by shockwavenl

Guest musicman1982

Hi Guys!

Anyone tried Angry Birds Seasons? I've got allocation errors in logcat, and white background, and lags. By the way i've got lags too when using android. When i press back or close button i have to wait 6-7 seconds..my SD Card is Class 10! Swap is working. What's the problem?Thanks.

Edited by musicman1982

Guest marisaleh

For the Attention of voyteckst

I mentioned in an earlier post that you have to have three different

versions of the installer, one for each model 2G, 8G, 16G.

I think a more practical way of doing it is to have one installer

with three partition schemes built in, one for each model.

When the installer executes, it checkes the model or the size of

My Storage of that model and then it applies the relevant partition

scheme.

For example, when i did my manual install on my 2G model,

with an 8G SanDisk sdcard I used the following scheme:

Partition 1 fat32 831 M

Partition 2 ext4 1000 M

Partition 3 linux-swap 128 M

The Android system uses about 40% of my ext4

I also configured to auto mount my sdcard for USB connectivity,

so when a USB connection is established the PC can only see

my sdcard.

I also configured so that I can see and access the fat32 part of

My Storage from android.

Of course you can configure the other way round if you wish, for

me this is ideal because My Storage is much smaller than my

sdcard. Therefore I used my sdcard for USB connectivity.

One great advantage I can see in using an auto installer is that

you can reinstall again much quicker than manual install,

say for example if you have a corruption, it is easier to use the

auto installer rather than having to mess about with all these

fiddly unix commands.

By the way, I burnt a copy of UBUNTU onto a CD and run

the CD as a Demo. It was a nightmare, UBUNTU kept

crashing while I am in the middle of doing things, so you

have to reboot again, it takes about 20mins, and then later

on it looses the super user previliges so you have to boot

again. I don't think they want you to use it for any length

of time, ie commercially. It did the job in the end.

So please please voyteckst get the auto installer working

we need your help mate.

Running on internal Storage is definitly faster and more stable.

Edited by marisaleh

Guest prashanth p

Hello guys...

Everything went perfect for me in installing froyo beta 3 on my SD card. I have started working on android on omnia 2 without any problem.

I forgot to take the backup of my SMS & Contacts from Windows 6.1. So I rebooted my android to get the contacts from Windows Mobile.

I have taken the backup from Windows mobile. Later i tried to boot up android using Gen.Y Dual Boot (WVGA version for SD Card).

Here my problem started. I am unable to boot back to the android. The error message in the bottom of Gen Y. Dual Boot is "ANDROID MISSING"

I have searched lot of threads but i didn’t got the clear solution for this. Someone suggests to edit registry. I don’t know how to edit registry in Windows mobile. I know editing registry in windows desktop very well. Editing registry will make my problem solved.

Please help me guys to back the android. I liked it very much.

Thanks

Prashanth

Guest marisaleh

Hello guys...

Everything went perfect for me in installing froyo beta 3 on my SD card. I have started working on android on omnia 2 without any problem.

I forgot to take the backup of my SMS & Contacts from Windows 6.1. So I rebooted my android to get the contacts from Windows Mobile.

I have taken the backup from Windows mobile. Later i tried to boot up android using Gen.Y Dual Boot (WVGA version for SD Card).

Here my problem started. I am unable to boot back to the android. The error message in the bottom of Gen Y. Dual Boot is "ANDROID MISSING"

I have searched lot of threads but i didn’t got the clear solution for this. Someone suggests to edit registry. I don’t know how to edit registry in Windows mobile. I know editing registry in windows desktop very well. Editing registry will make my problem solved.

Please help me guys to back the android. I liked it very much.

Thanks

Prashanth

Dual Boot can't see your Android System, you have to tell it which partition android is in.

Dual Boot won't work straight out of the box, there should be an ini file or something

that you can edit

Guest voyteckst

For the Attention of voyteckst

I mentioned in an earlier post that you have to have three different

versions of the installer, one for each model 2G, 8G, 16G.

I think a more practical way of doing it is to have one installer

with three partition schemes built in, one for each model.

When the installer executes, it checkes the model or the size of

My Storage of that model and then it applies the relevant partition

scheme.

For example, when i did my manual install on my 2G model,

with an 8G SanDisk sdcard I used the following scheme:

Partition 1 fat32 831 M

Partition 2 ext4 1000 M

Partition 3 linux-swap 128 M

The Android system uses about 40% of my ext4

I also configured to auto mount my sdcard for USB connectivity,

so when a USB connection is established the PC can only see

my sdcard.

I also configured so that I can see and access the fat32 part of

My Storage from android.

Of course you can configure the other way round if you wish, for

me this is ideal because My Storage is much smaller than my

sdcard. Therefore I used my sdcard for USB connectivity.

One great advantage I can see in using an auto installer is that

you can reinstall again much quicker than manual install,

say for example if you have a corruption, it is easier to use the

auto installer rather than having to mess about with all these

fiddly unix commands.

By the way, I burnt a copy of UBUNTU onto a CD and run

the CD as a Demo. It was a nightmare, UBUNTU kept

crashing while I am in the middle of doing things, so you

have to reboot again, it takes about 20mins, and then later

on it looses the super user previliges so you have to boot

again. I don't think they want you to use it for any length

of time, ie commercially. It did the job in the end.

So please please voyteckst get the auto installer working

we need your help mate.

Running on internal Storage is definitly faster and more stable.

Have You checked SDHC class 10? It's not faster than that...

According to installer - I will do it in my way, no partitioning schemes. Partition sizes are simply mathematically calculated.

Guest prashanth p

Dual Boot can't see your Android System, you have to tell it which partition android is in.

Dual Boot won't work straight out of the box, there should be an ini file or something

that you can edit

Where can i find the ini file or something to edit and how to edit. Pls help me.

Edited by prashanth p