[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest MinaseTaki

weird enough i did try everything,i formatted whole SD 4 times first partition is FAT/32 second EXT4 (is there a problem if i make the partition bigger than 1GB?)

i have this start line

Set CMDLINE "rootdelay=2 root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 init=/init console=ttySAC2,115200"

from what i understood here mmcblk0 is SD and mmcblk1 is MyStorage so first part is correct,the second one about partition p2 is right too (/dev/sdb1 is the FAT one and /dev/sdb2 is the EXT4 partition)

every time i start haret it loads like 10 seconds,after that pink screen for 30 seconds and reboot into WM (tried to start it several times same result)

any idea what i did wrong?

thank you

If You can connect to google, so dns should be ok. please post following command result:

getprop|grep dns

Ok for testing uncomment these two entries in build.prop and reboot:

#net.dns1=8.8.4.4

#net.dns2=8.8.8.8

It's not a solution, but please check it.

No. It's common.

In terminal right?

With wifi off it says:

[net.change]: [net.dnschange]

[net.dnschange]: [2]

[dhcp.wlan0.dns1]: []

[dhcp.wlan0.dns2]: []

[dhcp.wlan0.dns3]: []

[dhcp.wlan0.dns4]: []

With wifi on:

[net.change]: [net.dnschange]

[net.dnschange]: [3]

[dhcp.wlan0.dns1]: []

[dhcp.wlan0.dns2]: []

[dhcp.wlan0.dns3]: []

[dhcp.wlan0.dns4]: []

thanks

Guest rom_omnia2

Any1 else stuck on the android logo screen?

It has the light reflection,but then the refletion stops and a few secs later it goes black for a few seconds like it starting but goes back to the light going across the logo looks like its stuck in a loop.

ME TOO!!!!!!!

Damn, i thought be a PARTITION PROBLEM. But already formatted my MY STORAGE, rebuild all partitions table but still!

You know, we managed to run android on omnia, when the half of the device driver were missing

It did strange things, sometime freezes....

for b7610 when you got unhealth battery message that means the battery temperature sensor is on different adc channel

(different HW) and you got the touchscreen adc value as battery temperature. Everything works but not correctly.

And it is not complicate to fix if you know the hw and know which adc channel is for battery temperature.

In this omnia kernel we managed to set all device driver set correctly according to the real hw.

If you had the hw schematics for b7610 it could be easy to change this kernel, because the difference it not to big

(I do not have)

Only some gpios are different, different wlan chip on sdio interface not spi....

That is what I am realizing more and more on this very moment :)

WIFI working when I swicht theme to LAUCHER PRO and set IP to static. Market is working. Testing next.

Now swicht wifi to automatic DHCP, fone connected with router, I see router, but can't go to Internet, router is OK, because I have this notebook connect to this router. Very strange.

Problem is not recognize DNS in wifi, I think.

Edited by Ngage

Guest rom_omnia2

What would happen if I stayed with the USB cable connected, but I'm not.

Is there something wrong with my partitions?

img7151yw.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I've build my partition like yours, using this startup:

Set ramsize 180*1024*1024

Set mtype 1626

Set ramaddr 0x50000000

Set kernelcrc 1

Set CMDLINE "rootdelay=2 root=/dev/mmcblk1p5 init=/init console=ttySAC2,115200"

setbitp 0x7F008808 5 1

pfw 0x7f005800 4 0x3

pfw 0x7f005804 4 0x805

pfw 0x7f005808 4 0x7

pfw 0x7f00580c 4 0x0

pfw 0x7f005828 4 0x11

pfw 0x7f00582c 4 0x80

boot

It does not stop at pink screen, you just have to wait about 1 minute. But after this step don't get out of Android Logo Screen.

Edited by rom_omnia2

Guest betamale

Any1 else stuck on the android logo screen?

It has the light reflection,but then the refletion stops and a few secs later it goes black for a few seconds like it starting but goes back to the light going across the logo looks like its stuck in a loop.

I was stuck there too. My logo did freeze after aprox 1 minute... I did re-installation and made my ext4 partition smaller <2gb on myStorage.

After the 2nd restart it works now! HAPPY!!!!!biggrin.gif

Anybody has live wallpaper working?

Thanx!

Guest rom_omnia2

I was stuck there too. My logo did freeze after aprox 1 minute... I did re-installation and made my ext4 partition smaller <2gb on myStorage.

After the 2nd restart it works now! HAPPY!!!!!biggrin.gif

Anybody has live wallpaper working?

Thanx!

But in our case Android Logo didn't freeze, just keep loading and loading....

Edited by rom_omnia2

I'm trying to boot with a partition table like yours..

A extended partition with Android at sdX5

Ok, if you can start with this mode partition let me know ...

Or tell me exactly how to format please

Guest rom_omnia2

Ok, if you can start with this mode partition let me know ...

Or tell me exactly how to format please

My comment #251 is updated, take a look.

Edited by rom_omnia2

Now swicht wifi to automatic DHCP, fone connected with router, I see router, but can't go to Internet, router is OK, because I have this notebook connect to this router. Very strange.

Problem is not recognize DNS in wifi, I think.

I Tryed to use static ip addess, use Launch Pro, set Gateway and set DNS, but for me never worked.

I Tryed to use static ip addess, use Launch Pro, set Gateway and set DNS, but for me never worked.

Wifi not start or not connect to some net? For first start Wifi you must to try connect to some net 3,4 time, than wifi start.

Wifi not start or not connect to some net? For first start Wifi you must to try connect to some net 3,4 time, than wifi start.

The Phone connects immediately to the router, either with dynamic, either with static ip address, but afterall i'm not able to surf the web with the browser.

Sometimes, when i turn off wi-fi, that setting became grey and stays on "de-activating" (and i need to reboot...)

The Phone connects immediately to the router, either with dynamic, either with static ip address, but afterall i'm not able to surf the web with the browser.

Sometimes, when i turn off wi-fi, that setting became grey and stays on "de-activating" (and i need to reboot...)

I don't know, what is configuration of your router, if router have ip 192.168.1.1, that you must to insert in static wifi> IP 192.168.1.x x is another with 1 and in range 2..255, subnet mask> 255.255.255.0, gateway>192.168.1.1 and DNS>192.168.1.1

have you this config?

Guest 13.beta2

voyteckst,

bsbsbs,

Is it possible to bring back SEC dialer and other phone environment?

I mean *#0011*# dialed at Eclair builds launches ServiceApp (same as WM-version) at the same time at Froyo not. Now phone "knows" only HTC-specific service codes. E.g. type *#0*# (SEC factory test app) at phone app - nothing happens. Now clear screen and type *#*#7262626#*#* (HTC fieldtest app) Immediatly after last star entered whole code string is cleared. Which means phone tried to execute only last code.

weird enough i did try everything,i formatted whole SD 4 times first partition is FAT/32 second EXT4 (is there a problem if i make the partition bigger than 1GB?)

i have this start line

from what i understood here mmcblk0 is SD and mmcblk1 is MyStorage so first part is correct,the second one about partition p2 is right too (/dev/sdb1 is the FAT one and /dev/sdb2 is the EXT4 partition)

every time i start haret it loads like 10 seconds,after that pink screen for 30 seconds and reboot into WM (tried to start it several times same result)

thank you

I had this problem at one point aswell, im not very good with linux im only running it from cd and kept getting permision messages when copying the ziped files to the partition, so i think some of the files didn't get copied properly maybe u did the same thing? (im now stuck on the android loadin screen so im probably not much help :P)

Edited by Nexere

Guest haebinlim

there's a problem with mounting SD card.

when I try to mount SD card it says "preparing SD card" then "SD card safe to remove"

no matter how many times I try it won't mount the SD card and just gives the same message.

Then it mounts itself back when i reboot

there's a problem with mounting SD card.

when I try to mount SD card it says "preparing SD card" then "SD card safe to remove"

no matter how many times I try it won't mount the SD card and just gives the same message.

Then it mounts itself back when i reboot

SD Card format as PRIMARY PARTITION, that is right.

i have this start line

thank you

rewrire in startup.txt to mmcblk1p2 and try.

Guest calolobo

I need some help, i have installed beta2 in Storage (2 gb in mmcblk1p6 ) work at first try, pretty fast, everything ok except PHONE, i have no signal, the device says " can't search for a network", there is a solution for this?, it's posible that installing manually in storage of 2 GB is the problem?

(works before in beta1 and also works normally on WINMO)

Edited by calolobo

For me WiFi didn't work as well in the beginning. Connection to my WPA2 secured network was okay and I got a DHCP IP address. But internet access was not possible.

After switching to a static address, together with DNS server setting, the connection worked. I switched a couple of times back and forth between DHCP and static IP. DHCP didn't work , static did.

Now, even DHCP does suddenly work. I don't know why.

oh, my chinese files shows as ??? also

i use froyo beta 1 modified by chinese , it was solved

So i think we can wait for a modification soon

can you share me with a new installer?