Best Vega USB Keyboard Case?

Guest Moxo6

I've seen the official Vega Folio case, and it seems quite sturdy and obviously it's specifically made for the Vega, but has anyone tried any 3rd party usb keyboard cases?

Most of them look quite flimsy, but has anyone tried a Keyboard Case with their Vega?

I've seen the official Vega Folio case, and it seems quite sturdy and obviously it's specifically made for the Vega, but has anyone tried any 3rd party usb keyboard cases?

Most of them look quite flimsy, but has anyone tried a Keyboard Case with their Vega?

I wouldn't bother, I got one when I was fairly new to the Vega but it just complicates things as you need a USB hub to be attached first before it works and all this make it bulky. I also tried a bluetooth keyboard but that also proved difficult to hook up. After persevering with the android keyboard you soon get used to it.

I wouldn't bother, I got one when I was fairly new to the Vega but it just complicates things as you need a USB hub to be attached first before it works and all this make it bulky. I also tried a bluetooth keyboard but that also proved difficult to hook up. After persevering with the android keyboard you soon get used to it.

You don't need a USB hub, just to the the Vega in Host mode.

I looked at a few of these but couldn't find one that (a) looked like it might last more than a few weeks or (B) was designed for the Vega so no ports would be covered.

AFAIK you might be able to use a BT keyboard but do some searching before you buy / try - there's a niggle in my mind that it doesn't work reliably.

I found this a days ago while looking for a good case:

http://tabletroms.com/index.php/2011/08/10/advent-vega-tablet-cases/

Has any one bought any case like this: http://cgi.ebay.es/Multi-Position-Leather-Case-For-Advent-Vega-Tablet-UK-/220836538776?pt=UK_iPad_Tablet_Accessories&hash=item336ae22998#ht_1094wt_1139

this pack its just great, it includes a great case, a screen protector, a capacitive pen and a micro-sd card reader.

You don't need a USB hub, just to the the Vega in Host mode.

I looked at a few of these but couldn't find one that (a) looked like it might last more than a few weeks or (B) was designed for the Vega so no ports would be covered.

AFAIK you might be able to use a BT keyboard but do some searching before you buy / try - there's a niggle in my mind that it doesn't work reliably.

I think you'll find that you do need a USB hub even if your in Host mode (see http://android.modaco.com/topic/328003-usb-keyboard-not-working/) ., but I agree that if's very difficult using a BT Keyboard unless you get the BlueInput app .

Who knows - running Corvus5 in host mode, I was able to plug a keyboard straight in.

Your Lucky then, I'm running the same Rom and mine doesn't work !, maybe it's down to the type of keyboard case.

Guest IanTurner

Who knows - running Corvus5 in host mode, I was able to plug a keyboard straight in.

Yet according to your previous post you didn't buy one of the cases with integrated usb keyboard. If you mean a separate usb keyboard then the other thread culagh linked to mentions that such keyboards worked while the case ones didn't with the vega but did with a PC so possibly power or control line related. Either way sounds like it might be a case of taking your chances.