Very basic questions

Guest newtoandroid

Guest newtoandroid

Hi,

First of all I must inform that I am very new to the android and used it 3 days back for the first time so please excuse me for any silly question.

I got the my new U8800 from China and it is preloaded with the applications of china telecom operator Unicom and all of the apps are chinese. None of the google apps were installed in it and even I was not been able to associate the device to my google account.

In desperation from somewhere I got the upgradation file "UPDATE.APP in the folder U8800 V100R001C00B136SP03CUSTC151D002(india)" and did the so called upgradation. Now I am able to get the google application and also could associate the device to my account but unfortunately I am having the following problems and concerns

1. Still all the chinese applications are there in the phone and are not deleted

2. When I am trying to open any of the contact in the contact list then it says "The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again". Hence I am not able to use the contact list in my phone.

I also want to know what is the difference between ROM and the firmware and what exactly the file "UPDATE.APP in the folder U8800 V100R001C00B136SP03CUSTC151D002(india)"

Also please tell me whether I can bring the phone in the original state in which I got it in my hands initially....

Guest newtoandroid

download this official firmware http://www.mediafire...72ppg9680nmu4gt, place the "dload" folder on the internal/external sdcard. there is instructions in the downoad-file ;) You are sure the phone is U8800 and NOT U8800H?

thanks for the reply,

I did the same with the firmware version for India but I got the some problem and concerns. will those be solved with this version? how it is different from the boot.img file? and by the way it is U8800 only not U8800H :)

Guest skifyr123

If you install this you will not have any problems, it is the latest release from Huawei, and it is for your phone U8800.

"how it is different from the boot.img file" the boot.img is just an important part of the firmware for the phone, the stuff i linked to is the whole firmware.. around 150 MB in difference ;)

Guest newtoandroid

If you install this you will not have any problems, it is the latest release from Huawei, and it is for your phone U8800.

"how it is different from the boot.img file" the boot.img is just an important part of the firmware for the phone, the stuff i linked to is the whole firmware.. around 150 MB in difference ;)

thanks for the clarification. I will try this and see...rolleyes.gif

I am new to all of this in fact i think im newer than my phone i have a 8100 is that bad? i would like a wireless tether app and would like to know if im rooted need to be rooted please people i need help?