A simple way to install froyo beta2 in My Storage

Guest andylau

1.gparted or linux is not a necessity, you can use any partition tools you like, but make sure you make partitions as what i post

2.yes, this version has been rooted by our great devs, you can use root explorer to modefy what you want

Is there any way to put the modified ini file inside the tar.gz file ready to recognize the My Storage without having to open a Linux only to edit in the ini file?

Is there any way to put the modified ini file inside the tar.gz file ready to recognize the My Storage without having to open a Linux only to edit in the ini file?

you can open ext4.tar.gz with winrar, besides, it can recognise my storage using my methodsmile.gif

you can open ext4.tar.gz with winrar, besides, it can recognise my storage using my methodsmile.gif

I will try to add the file with winrar ...

Interestingly his method does not work with me, I get a message like "Could not mount: / dev/block/mmcblk0p5 / storage"

I've tried all possible combinations of partitions and no exit from the pink ...

What should I do?

Edited by Thor2

Guest voyteckst

I will try to add the file with winrar ...

Interestingly his method does not work with me, I get a message like "Could not mount: / dev/block/mmcblk1p5 / storage"

I've tried all possible combinations of partitions and no exit from the pink ...

What should I do?

Why don't You read first two posts of this topic? There is a "debug" kernel which shows console screen instead of the pink.

Edited by voyteckst

Why don't You read first two posts of this topic? There is a "debug" kernel which shows console screen instead of the pink.

As I have not had problems in recent installations have not tried this kernel ...

In this case this particular installation I have no problems with screen pink, sorry, I expressed wrong. It happens that I can not mount the partition and the installation does not continue, automatically restarting the machine ...

As I have not had problems in recent installations have not tried this kernel ...

In this case this particular installation I have no problems with screen pink, sorry, I expressed wrong. It happens that I can not mount the partition and the installation does not continue, automatically restarting the machine ...

sorry, i cant get your meaning well. whether you install successfully with my method or not? or you success but the storage cant be mounted?

its really helped.. finally i can use froyo on my o2...^^.

btw,i got a few prob...

how to set ringtone using our mp3 song???

everytime reboot,need to run haret to boot android?

or got any apps that can we choose either winmo or android OS to start..

btw,tq for your great guide..^^

sorry, i cant get your meaning well. whether you install successfully with my method or not? or you success but the storage cant be mounted?

Hi andylau

Sorry for the delay in replying. It happens that with his method could not install because it can not mount the unit. I'm not a layman and have done installations for various other means. I believe, nevertheless, that must have some flaw in my implementation it with all your tutorial work. I'm currently using some Froyo by IMEI problem where I can not make / receive calls or sms ... waiting for a fix for this!

Guest andylau

its really helped.. finally i can use froyo on my o2...^^.

btw,i got a few prob...

how to set ringtone using our mp3 song???

everytime reboot,need to run haret to boot android?

or got any apps that can we choose either winmo or android OS to start..

btw,tq for your great guide..^^

1.set ringtones:go to the app music and find your music, press the menu button, then choose using for ringtone; besides you can install other players ; thirdly, you can new a foulder named Ringtones and just put your music in it, and then go to settings/sound...

2.now we must first go to wm and run haret to boot android, but you can see this topic by Rapid81, it helps a lot

enjoy it!tongue.gif

Guest unh1nged

Ok, it works great, but after installing some programs I eventually get a force close error regarding android.process.acore, and then things get all sideways for me and I have to reinstall.

Is there any way to apply patches, like here?: http://www.modaco.co...hes-repository/

Or are there any apps to help with stability?

Edited by unh1nged

Guest andylau

Ok, it works great, but after installing some programs I eventually get a force close error regarding android.process.acore, and then things get all sideways for me and I have to reinstall.

Is there any way to apply patches, like here?: http://www.modaco.co...hes-repository/

Or are there any apps to help with stability?

now patches' name should be frb2update.{tar.gz|sh}.

i haven't have android.process.acore force close error until now, beta2 is stable enough and i dont know any apps useful for stability.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest coolmast3r

now patches' name should be frb2update.{tar.gz|sh}.

i haven't have android.process.acore force close error until now, beta2 is stable enough and i dont know any apps useful for stability.

Mr. Andylau, how about installing Beta 3 into My Storage? Is it possible using this method?

Guest andylau

Mr. Andylau, how about installing Beta 3 into My Storage? Is it possible using this method?

i havent tried it to install beta3, probably it worked but i can sure that it won't crease swap partition automatically

so it have no sense, because swap is one of the great characteristics of beta3