Native video call app

Guest sozofriend1234

Guest sozofriend1234

Hi All,

I am looking for an App or a ROM which has or will allow native video calling via operator without using GTalk, Skype or any app. Samsung and LG phones have this feature. I am willing to pay for it as well. If anybody wants to develop the app, please contact me via PM.

Regards,

Ravinder Rathee

Delhi, India

Guest mrmrmrmr

Hi All,

I am looking for an App or a ROM which has or will allow native video calling via operator without using GTalk, Skype or any app. Samsung and LG phones have this feature. I am willing to pay for it as well. If anybody wants to develop the app, please contact me via PM.

Regards,

Ravinder Rathee

Delhi, India

well, I was also looking for this feature. native 3G video call which is available on Android 2.3 by default.

Just for this reason I was expecting Gingerbread ROM for Dell Streak.

However, we now got a Gingerbread ROM but with no 3G video dialer.

I don't know why our dialer doesn't support 3G video.

Itshould be there by default on Gingerbread...

Native video calling was added in 2.3.4. I don't think there are any Streak ROM's out there using 2.3.4.

well, I was also looking for this feature. native 3G video call which is available on Android 2.3 by default.

Just for this reason I was expecting Gingerbread ROM for Dell Streak.

However, we now got a Gingerbread ROM but with no 3G video dialer.

I don't know why our dialer doesn't support 3G video.

Itshould be there by default on Gingerbread...

Guest mrmrmrmr

Native video calling was added in 2.3.4. I don't think there are any Streak ROM's out there using 2.3.4.

are you sure that it is 2.3.4 ?

because I was told that it's included in 2.3 ...

Guest 80sLoveCHILD

Pretty sure video calling was introduced in 2.3.4. Im no expert but I just did the following

Open browser

Type google.com in address bar

Press enter

Type 'native video call android' into search bar

Press enter

Sent from my Dell Streak using Tapatalk

Guest mrmrmrmr

I'm not sure if we are talking about same feature.

Native 3G Video calling is not Video support in Google Talk. Google Video Talk is working on IP. But 3G Video calling is using 3G network with no IP connection.

This is already available in phones like Samsung Galaxy S (Froyo - 2.2) and HTC Evo 3D

I'm not sure if we are talking about same feature.

Native 3G Video calling is not Video support in Google Talk. Google Video Talk is working on IP. But 3G Video calling is using 3G network with no IP connection.

This is already available in phones like Samsung Galaxy S (Froyo - 2.2) and HTC Evo 3D

As before:-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_%28operating_system%29

"Android does not support native video calling, but some handsets have a customized version of the operating system that supports it, either via the UMTS network (like the Samsung Galaxy S) or over IP. ......... Skype 2.1 offers video calling in Android 2.3, including front camera support."

Guest sozofriend1234

Hello Rebski,

I know Android does not support Native video calling and custom dialer needs to be created. If you will see the subject of thread, I mentioned clearly in first post that if some developer can develop the dialer for Streak or may be port from Samsung or LG.

So instead of just posting against each other, may be we should find a work around for this as this is quite important and popular feature in India, Europe and Aus...

As before:-

http://en.wikipedia....ating_system%29

"Android does not support native video calling, but some handsets have a customized version of the operating system that supports it, either via the UMTS network (like the Samsung Galaxy S) or over IP. ......... Skype 2.1 offers video calling in Android 2.3, including front camera support."

Guest mrmrmrmr

Hello Rebski,

I know Android does not support Native video calling and custom dialer needs to be created. If you will see the subject of thread, I mentioned clearly in first post that if some developer can develop the dialer for Streak or may be port from Samsung or LG.

So instead of just posting against each other, may be we should find a work around for this as this is quite important and popular feature in India, Europe and Aus...

+1

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sozofriend1234

Hi Fards/Steve,

Can any of you please help with this as this is very much required by many of the users.

Thanks a lot for your help in advance.

Regards,

Ravinder Rathee

Guest mrmrmrmr

I think we don't have any chance on that. Dell Streak's best point is Gingerbread 2.3 which we got by Fards's efforts.

But that's it. We'll have to go for another phone (possibly Samsung) for 3G video call.

• 1 month later...
Guest sozofriend1234

Hi Arley,

We are not talking about the GTalk video calling. We are talking about Native Video Calling, like Samsung and LG phones have. You do not need any application for them. You just have to go to the Contact list and you will get two options, 1.Audio Call and 2. Video Call.

I noticed that this rom heave video calls function on gtalk:

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1363305

(tested V2)

• 4 months later...