Hotspot Galaxy S2 and Xoom with Virgin

Guest ThomasAstor

Guest ThomasAstor

Hi

I have a Moto Xoom WiFi and would like to use it from time to time with my phone .

The idea is to take an offer from Virgin Mobile UK for a Galaxy S2 and use it as a Hotspot for my Xoom.

Would any UK users out there know if Virgin allows it before I engage myself for two years?

Thanks

T.

:)

Come on Paul, help me on this one, please.

I think what he means is that it may well break Virgin's Terms and Conditions of service, but yes you'll be able to do it.

Certainly I've used my modded GS2 as a hotspot for my Vega several times.

Guest ThomasAstor

I think what he means is that it may well break Virgin's Terms and Conditions of service, but yes you'll be able to do it.

Good news.

Did you have to root your GS2 to use hotspots? Or does the stock Rom suffice?

Thanks

T.

Edited by ThomasAstor

Guest ThomasAstor

I went to a Virgin shop. The guy did not know if it would work. So he asked one of the girl there if we could use her S2 as a hotspot with my Xoom. It did say connected , but they could not communicate. So, I am still uncertain to get a GS2.

T.

I went to a Virgin shop. The guy did not know if it would work. So he asked one of the girl there if we could use her S2 as a hotspot with my Xoom. It did say connected , but they could not communicate. So, I am still uncertain to get a GS2.

T.

Mine is rooted, (first thing i did when i got home), so unsure if it works without. 100% works, so if you like the phone, don't let this hold you back.